The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Lines, Kassian.

Nigerian

I'd try this to spread the scoring depth. This is how I'd do it when everyone's healthy.

Burrows - Hank - Hansen

(two gritty wingers who know how to cycle, pass, take the net front and can also one-time passes)

Daniel - Kesler - Higgins

(Kes and Higgy work well, while Daniel helps spread the scoring depth)

Booth - *Schroeder - Kassian

(similar to Cole - Desharnais - Patches, and I'd like to see Jordan set up his wingmates around the net)

Weise- Richardson - *Santorelli

(decent defensive line with some skill)

Sestito, Dalpe

(didn't expect Zac to get relegated from the lineup so quickly, guess that's why the Canes happily traded him)

*If Santo really plays well in the near future, even when Schroeder comes back I'd still give Mike the 3rd line center role, unless in turn Jordan proves he's an even better option for that role.

When Kassian is back against Montreal, we shouldn't break up the Sedins and Hansen. I think Hansen's play has been excellent. He's battled and he knows where to be. Glad we extended him.

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Booth - Kes - Higgins

Weise - Santorelli - Kassian

Dalpe - Richardson - Sesito

Kass should stay on the third line until he can prove he belongs higher up the depth chart. Thus when Burrows is back:

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Booth - Kes - Burrows

Higgins - Santorelli - Kassian

Dalpe - Richardson - Weise

Of course, who knows what will happen, especially if splitting the twins proves fruitful long term (Schroeder will also be back at some point).

I think we're better off than some have claimed. Just my nickel's worth.

With seeing the sedins last night split up for the first time under torts, I think we all should expect to see more of that coming especially when there is no outcome from our first line. I liked what I saw from the higgins-henrik-santorelli line and if there were an eventual daniel-kesler-burrows/booth/kassian line I think our offense would be a lot more balanced. I like the way torts is playing our superstars on the PK as well as splitting them up so early in the season. I think the sedins should only be paired up on the powerplay. Extremely talented of course but they are becoming to predictable which is starting to effect their play in the Offensive zone.

With Kassian coming back this weekend against Montreal, I was doing a little research on his stats with his split up time in the nhl. We all know and want the type of player kassian could be and most of us bash him for not breaking out last year at only 22 years old. He has played only 83 games in his time spent in the nhl, basically one full season, and has put up 21 points at the nhl level. As a power forward at such a young age, not to forget the pressure of vancouvers media and fan base, I think he has done well for himself and is obviously still learning. Many reports and interviews indicated that the kid is determined to make a difference this upcoming season with the increased training workload he put on this off season. With a full season, minus the suspension, I have high expectations for kassian and expect no less that 40points out of the kid.

After watching Lucic and Clowe p,at a few games it's quite clear that Kass has all the tools to play like them but doesn't give it his all every shift like them.

Kass is even faster than them but he seems to float around most of the time, making his linemates do the work for him.

Lucic skates his ass off every shift and although not very fast, he creates pressure on the forecheck which in turn, results in the other team to give away the puck. I have yet to see that from Kassian.

Call me crazy but I would love to see this:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Schroeder

Higgins-Burrows-Hansen

Santorelli-Richardson-Weise

Extras: Sestito, Dalpe

First line is the scoring line, also got some physicality with Kassian. Second line is the secondary scoring line, with Schroeder feeding passes to Kesler. Third line is a depth scoring line providing first class defense, that line would be killer in the playoffs. Fourth line is the deepest we've had in years and would provide key goals.

Archived