The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Lines, Kassian.

Nigerian

Tortorella set up his lines based on their handedness and it worked perfectly last game. I say stick with this theme - right handed shooters with left handed passers.

Sedin - Sedin - Santorelli (right handed shot, pretty much an RH Burrows)

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Hansen - Richardson - Weise

Kassian - Dalpe - Sestito

Honestly cannot go wrong with the top-9 right now. All of those players have been on fire in the first few games of the season so it really doesn't matter who plays where.

Kassian still needs to prove himself and should not be put on the top lines right off the bat. I see him starting off on the 4th and if he does well there, up to the 3rd.

So far, Hansen is looking good with the Sedins, but (as usual) the 2nd line LW is still a gaping hole. If Kass' game picks up, he could fill that spot by Xmas.

Kassian still needs to prove himself and should not be put on the top lines right off the bat. I see him starting off on the 4th and if he does well there, up to the 3rd.

So far, Hansen is looking good with the Sedins, but (as usual) the 2nd line LW is still a gaping hole. If Kass' game picks up, he could fill that spot by Xmas.

As of now, I'd like to see Hansen continue with the Sedins, he seems to be getting more and more comfortable there. Also, someone pointed out in another thread that he's the same age as Burrows was when he started playing w/ the Twins, plus he's a natural right winger and plays a slightly more physical game.

With a full healthy fwd group, maybe something like this:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Burr-Kesler-Kassian

Booth-Schroeder-Santorelli

Higgins-Richardson-Weise

Sestito Dalpe

In this situation, Alberts most likely becomes a victim of the waiver wire

Sedin Sedin Kassian

- sedins can play with anyone and kassian does create extra room out there for them to cycle.

- kassian has a big body he can deflect shots and has some quick mitts as well.

Higgins Kesler burrows

- kes and bur are magic and I love the way Higgins and Kesler feed off one another.

-(booth and Kesler have no chemistry).

Booth Santorelli Hansen

- this could be a highly effective line. B & S could rehash some magic from that season in Florida.

-with a player like Hansen added into the mix I see a lot of points coming from this line.

Dalpe Richardson Weise(for now)

- torts has got to let them bang. I want to see this line flying out there just throwing hits and causing Turn overs.

I like our top 9 its got a ton of talent and they can all play 2-way hockey with the exceptions of maybe booth and kassian.

The 4 line is where we get into some trouble. they have to be able to earn more then 6 minutes a night.

I can see some if that logic, as Hansen is a 'Swiss Army knife' giving us the ability to spread around the depth, but I don't see Kassian slipping past the 3rd line for more than a few games. Torts will give him a chance to sink or swim, I think.

Also, Kassian won't be anywhere but on RW, whatever the line.

As of now, I'd like to see Hansen continue with the Sedins, he seems to be getting more and more comfortable there. Also, someone pointed out in another thread that he's the same age as Burrows was when he started playing w/ the Twins, plus he's a natural right winger and plays a slightly more physical game.

With a full healthy fwd group, maybe something like this:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Burr-Kesler-Kassian

Booth-Schroeder-Santorelli

Higgins-Richardson-Weise

Sestito Dalpe

In this situation, Alberts most likely becomes a victim of the waiver wire

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Schroeder

Booth-Santorelli-Hansen

Higgins-Richardson-Weise

If Kassian picks his game up, these lines are awesome. Has LH shooters on the left, and RH shooters on the right. Sedins need a big body with skill, they get that with Kassian. Kesler needs a playmaker with speed, he gets that with Schroeder. The third line consists of Booth and Santorelli, who have some chemistry, and the perfect 3rd line RW guy in Hansen. Higgins gets a demotion because he's looked pretty non-existent till now, but might be effective in a fourth line role with Richardson.

Archived