The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Lines, Kassian.

Nigerian

I think Kass deserves more credit than that. He never really got a fair shot with AV. Burying him on the fourth line is not how to develop a young player. I have high hopes for him. He has shown a lot of promise and he is strong on the puck. Consistency will come with the confidence he gets from the ice time Torts gives him.

You make a fair point. I could see Booth working well on the right side.

Barring that, Hansen could slide back into his natural 3RW with Higgins and Schroeder leaving Booth-Kes-Burr.

Either way, if fully healthy, we can roll 3 dangerous lines with a 4th that can chip in too. Leaving Schroeder out as a regular, just to insert Weise or Sestito, would be a mistake unless it is to match up against bigger teams. Even then I rather keep Schroeder in and sit Dalpe.

kassian has been more than fine........problem is that hockey half-wits think because he was traded for CoHo he should light the league on fire. If JT realizes that he's a playmaker, not a scorer or grinder, his development will speed up. His game is progressing fine and I see a solid, productive career ahead

I do like Kassian as well & can see him developing into a Bickell type which would be GREAT & I'd do that trade anytime. The only thing is that he's not that person YET & may never be & CoHo is a #1 centre NOW. I personally see Kassian being a Steve Bernier type of player from what I've seen from him which is OK.

CoHo is a #1 Cman now out of necessity because he is in Buffalo. He would not be a #1 c-man on 2/3 of NHL rosters, he's defensively deficient

i think Kass will be more than bIckell as he's more fleet of foot and has better hands. I think he'll be in the mold of a Jumbo Joe, just at a lower level. He sees the ice better than any Canuck not named Sedin

Ya Schroeder all 5'7 inches of him on (5'8'' with his zig zags on) the 3rd line??? That would be the smallest 3rd line centre in the league. After watching this team get swept 1st rd 2 years in a row in the Playoffs, where did I miss that we were missing this piece, a 5'7'' 3rd line centre?

The only thing I noticed was that we were a little smaller & not enough strength & size to beat SJ, LA, Boston, etc, etc,...

So how does Schroeder fit in on our team all of a sudden??? Manny Malholtra was 6'2'' & 220lbs. Isn't that what we're trying to fill???

I Like The Booth Henrik Kassian line but think it should switch places with the Kes Line and drop higgins and add burrows. The two have chemistry

If only Horvat and Shinkaruk were further into their development... We are only a 3rd line centre and talented scoring forward away from having a complete team. I see those two beating Jensen and Schroeder out. Jensen might be able to stick but as much as I'd love for them to succeed, I don't see them staying on this team for very long. Maybe trade the two of them for a pick or player.

Daniel-Kesler-Shinkaruk

Booth-Henrik-Kassian

Hansen-Horvat-Burrows

Higgins-Richardson-Santorelli

I think Kass deserves more credit than that. He never really got a fair shot with AV. Burying him on the fourth line is not how to develop a young player. I have high hopes for him. He has shown a lot of promise and he is strong on the puck. Consistency will come with the confidence he gets from the ice time Torts gives him.

Archived