The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Lines, Kassian.

Nigerian

Henrik - Daniel - Hansen

Kassian - Kesler - Burrows

Booth - Santorelli - Higgins

Weise - Richardson - Dalpe

I like that top six and I like that bottom six. Sedin's and Hansen showed some promise so I'd like to see how that fairs. Kesler can play with Burrows who already have a natural chemistry so Kassian could be instituted in a supporting role. Booth and Higgins are GREAT third liners but poor second liners and as previously mentioned Santorelli has previously played with Booth. And then a decent fourth line.

7000488483_cc3339995a_m.jpg

Why play 3 players that aren't playing better than Santorelli or Richardson or Weise?

Trust me people we need Dutch Gretsky on this 4th line,

Hansen Henrik Kassian

Daniel Kesler Santorelli

Booth Richardson Burrows --- Holy sh*t the time has finally come

Sestito Higgins Weise

Only change I see after this is maybe Weber instead of Sestito, I have faith Sestito can get Torts game though.

The way Casual Kev plays sometimes it may been seen more of a reward then a punishment to play with Tanev. The guys so cool with the puck and very rarely makes a mistake unlike Casual Kev who I do like alot but come on he was kind of brutal last night. I wouldn't mind them keeping Hammer with Tanev (does he have a cool nick name yet?) for a bit just to see what could happen.

These lines could be good provided that Kassian actually skates and forechecks, and that Schroeder plays to his potential:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian (Kassian HAS TO forecheck and work his butt off, but if he does, this line could be amazing; plays 18 minutes)

Burrows-Kesler-Hansen (shutdown line, plays 17 minutes)

Booth-Santorelli-Schroeder (Hopefully Schroeder lives up to his potential; this line plays only 13-15 mintues)

Higgins-Richardson-Wiese (Now that's a fourth line we can roll and give 10+ minutes. Higgins is demoted only because he hasn't played well recently)

Tortorella set up his lines based on their handedness and it worked perfectly last game. I say stick with this theme - right handed shooters with left handed passers.

Sedin - Sedin - Santorelli (right handed shot, pretty much an RH Burrows)

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Hansen - Richardson - Weise

Kassian - Dalpe - Sestito

Honestly cannot go wrong with the top-9 right now. All of those players have been on fire in the first few games of the season so it really doesn't matter who plays where.

I believe either Hansen or Kassian with the Sedins is optimal.

Burrows brings alot to the table, better to spread out the contribution.

Sedins can carry their own line just fine.

Sedin Sedin Kassian/Hansen <Sedins' line

Higgins Kesler Burrows <Kesler's line

Booth Schroeder Hansen/Kassian <Hansen's line....yeah i said it.

Richardson Santorelli Weise

Santorelli needs to play with someone who can dish him the puck, because he goes to all the right areas. There is no sense in playing this guy with plugs, that's for sure. Same goes for Booth, which is why I'd like to see Booth-Santorelli/Schroeder-Santorelli/Schroeder as our 3rd line. All three of those players are very high energy and quite fast. Booth plays huge, too, which is great.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen/Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Hansen/Burrows --- both work well

Booth-Santorelli/Schroeder-Santorelli/Schroeder

Weise/Sestito/Dalpe-Richardson-Kassian

Guys , one does not take a thouroughbred like Kassian and force him to pull a Plow (4th Line) and expect him to improve himself.

He needs time in the top 6 and patience from us, as well as a little forgiveness for the the few rookie gaffs he is going to make.

he has the potential to actually BECOME the top power forward we all are drooling for!!!

lets help him

You know, Merci, having you disagree with me is reassuring.

You've got two RW on the first line, Santorelli on the 2nd, Higgins at centre, and you propose Weber in at forward for Sestito while leaving Dalpe and Schroeder out.

Yeah, I'll go with my lineup.

The team is betetr with Kassian playing with the Sedins, there's just not a significant enough drop off between him and Burrows/Hansen on the 1st line. The Sedins have the puck on their sticks most of the time anyways.

However, I believe there's a greater drop off between Kassian and Burrows/Hansen on the 2nd/3rd lines. Burrows has the best chemistry with Kesler on the team and Hansen is an absolute beast on the 3rd line. Probably the best 3rd liner in hockey.

Archived