Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ugli Fruit

Is Santorelli a Burrows or a Tambellini?

65 posts in this topic

As in will he make the team and continue to be an important player, or will his scoring streak soon end and with it, his importance?

So far I'd say he's more of a Tambellini, but I hope he proves me wrong!

He's like Burrows just a bit worse in basically every category.

Tambellini is a good comparison right now.. Hopefully he can be more consistent, and earn another contract with us

Tampon was good. If he was more consistent he would have been a pretty good pick up.

I think he's more than Tambellini. Definitely looks more athletically capable than Tambellini. But then Tambellini had a pretty sick shot.. which was deadly for a while..

Can we really say hes Tambellini? i mean the guy has been the go to for offence the last couple games..

For now, he's a fitness-nut Jeff Tambelllini on a wicked-hot streak. It'll take more than 4 games into the season to determine if he's anything more.

Personally, I think he'll cool down and probably finish around 15g and 20a, but based on his contract, anything over 20 points is a gigantic bonus.

Can we really say hes Tambellini? i mean the guy has been the go to for offence the last couple games..

Same was said about Tambo for a few games.

He won't be as good as Burrows, but don't think you can compare him to Tambellini either. Santorelli has at least had some prior success in the NHL (20 goals). In the end I think his current production will slow down but he'll still be a useful player.

For now, he's a fitness-nut Jeff Tambelllini on a wicked-hot streak. It'll take more than 4 games into the season to determine if he's anything more.

Personally, I think he'll cool down and probably finish around 15g and 20a, but based on his contract, anything over 20 points is a gigantic bonus.

Didn't he have a 20 goal season 2 or 3 seasons back?? When was the last time Tambellini had a 20 goal season?

Didn't he have a 20 goal season 2 or 3 seasons back?? When was the last time Tambellini had a 20 goal season?

2011/12, in the Swiss league B)

I liked Tambo. Wouldn't have minded him staying with the Canucks.

Yeah he did, but I meant it more in the context of the OP's question. He's definitely not a Burrows (player coming out of nowhere and lighting up the league for multiple years) yet, much closer to Tambelllini as he hasn't proven anything outside of a few games now and one good year a few years ago.

Definitely not saying that he doesn't have potential to prove himself though.

I think Santo is Santo...he is hustling his arse off,, scoring goals and is fit and ready...what more can you ask of a player?

If he would play 1st,,2nd, 3rd or 4th line...he would play at his upmost, and play it well..the guy is a CANUCK....I like this kid.

Maybe a Tamburrowlini. Or maybe it's just too soon to tell.