The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Santorelli a Burrows or a Tambellini?

Ugli Fruit

For now, he's a fitness-nut Jeff Tambelllini on a wicked-hot streak. It'll take more than 4 games into the season to determine if he's anything more.

Personally, I think he'll cool down and probably finish around 15g and 20a, but based on his contract, anything over 20 points is a gigantic bonus.

He won't be as good as Burrows, but don't think you can compare him to Tambellini either. Santorelli has at least had some prior success in the NHL (20 goals). In the end I think his current production will slow down but he'll still be a useful player.

For now, he's a fitness-nut Jeff Tambelllini on a wicked-hot streak. It'll take more than 4 games into the season to determine if he's anything more.

Personally, I think he'll cool down and probably finish around 15g and 20a, but based on his contract, anything over 20 points is a gigantic bonus.

Didn't he have a 20 goal season 2 or 3 seasons back?? When was the last time Tambellini had a 20 goal season?

Didn't he have a 20 goal season 2 or 3 seasons back?? When was the last time Tambellini had a 20 goal season?

Yeah he did, but I meant it more in the context of the OP's question. He's definitely not a Burrows (player coming out of nowhere and lighting up the league for multiple years) yet, much closer to Tambelllini as he hasn't proven anything outside of a few games now and one good year a few years ago.

Definitely not saying that he doesn't have potential to prove himself though.

Archived