The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Santorelli a Burrows or a Tambellini?

Ugli Fruit

He's extremely versatile, that's what makes him a favourite.

He can play complementary winger on the top line, 3rd line winger, 3rd line centre, 4th line etc etc.

Booth Henrik Kesler/Kassian

Daniel Schroeder Kassian/Kesler

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Dalpe Richardson Weise

Please make that happen.

Santorelli alone makes this possible cause he can fill in as a 3rd line centre. Schroeder needs ice time and wingers to finish. SANTORELLI MAKES THIS POSSIBLE.

Edit: To answer the question, Santorelli is more of a poor mans Burrows, but only time will prove that.

Guest Cuporbust2

He was a 20 goal scorer in 2010-11 at the nhl level already. I don't think his success early this season is an accident. He will do very well IMO. Tambellini never proved he could score at the nhl level for an entire season , Santoreli has.

He's extremely versatile, that's what makes him a favourite.

He can play complementary winger on the top line, 3rd line winger, 3rd line centre, 4th line etc etc.

Booth Henrik Kesler/Kassian

Daniel Schroeder Kassian/Kesler

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Dalpe Richardson Weise

Please make that happen.

Santorelli alone makes this possible cause he can fill in as a 3rd line centre. Schroeder needs ice time and wingers to finish. SANTORELLI MAKES THIS POSSIBLE.

Edit: To answer the question, Santorelli is more of a poor mans Burrows, but only time will prove that.

I agree with the Burrows comparison minus the aggressiveness that Burrows had starting out. Santorelli has been playing about as complete a game as any other Canuck. PP, PK, C, or wing what doesn't he do? Slides up and down the roster with no fall off in compete. I agree that Schroeder has to get ice at 3C and if anyone is suffering from that it is Richardson who has been playing great as well. That said I liked a lot of what I saw with Booth-Schroeder-Kassian.

I wouldn't say he's a Tambellini, Santorelli had a 20g season with the Panthers and I think playing for his hometown team is a major factor on him finding his old form. And he's not just scoring at the moment, he's killing penelties, getting shots through, utilising his speed and more. Really good signing!

Tampon had two nice goals with nice shots that made new fanboys hot and horny over him.

Santo has shown more consistency since preseason than Tampon ever did. This is not to say that it will last, but I will be surprised if it doesn't. I predict that Santo is a valuable signing and will be with us for a few years.

• 1 month later...

Tambellini. Scratch that, Tambellini was better. Just a hot start for Santorelli.

Oh really?

21 points in 32 games, on pace for 20 goals and 54 points over 82 games. That's Mason Raymond before his string of injuries, but for about 20% of his contract back in the day.

Archived