The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The lack of secondary scoring is so glaring...

Lui's Knob

Rotating Kassian, Higgins, Booth and other 3rd liners didnt work the last 2 years, it wont work this year. Gillis needs to find a way to get Legit 2nd line wingers and stop plugging 3rd liners to play 2nd liners.

This one line team wont go anywhere in the playoffs if they even make it this year without major changes in the 2nd line. Add to that Kesler is having a slow start.

How is the new coach saviour and youth movement going?

Ironic that Raymond ,Grabner and Hodgson all lead their teams and the entire NHL.

There might be a problem with the core and the talent that this .org decided to keep instead of trade.

Same story diff year, been saying it all along, WE Can't Frickin' Score! All Gillis does is change the tires on the bottom six year after year....But wait til' we beat a crap team and all the fans will be talking about how great this team is. Get Real.

How is the new coach saviour and youth movement going?

Ironic that Raymond ,Grabner and Hodgson all lead their teams and the entire NHL.

There might be a problem with the core and the talent that this .org decided to keep instead of trade.

In Gillis' eyes, he has already made his 'bold' move (Horvat) so don't expect a top 6 trade anytime soon ....... Gillis :picard:

To think some people still defend this moronic trade.

It still pisses me off to this day, only young player we've had in a long time with massive upside. I like our prospects right now but as for our actual roster today... It's very stale, I feel no excitement about any of our guys.

The real blame lies with Gillis.

He is nothing but a ???? incompetent fool. I wanted him fired last year.. I want him fired now. May as well try to deal Kesler and go for a completed rebuild.

The current core will not and never will get it done.

MG has been fully aware of this for two years, in fact he's the one and only reason for this problem. You cannot trade away elite players for project players other teams don't want.Canucks will not make the playoffs this year in this confrence without a massive deal which will bolster the second line. Even if means moving Kesler to the LW position and bringing in a very good playmaking center. Booth is terrible, kassian looks stunned and has zero hockey IQ. Hansen, Santorelli and the Sedins look great and Kesler looks very average at best. Gonna be a long year if Gillis doesn't pull the trigger on something massive soon.

The real blame lies with Gillis.

He is nothing but a ???? incompetent fool. I wanted him fired last year.. I want him fired now. May as well try to deal Kesler and go for a completed rebuild.

The current core will not and never will get it done.

Gillis cant even trade overpaid overrated 3rd liners like Higgins and Booth.....because he handed out NTC's like they were going out of style! Higgins has 3 more friggin years and he's already declining. Booth is a glorified Steve Bernier with hands of stone. Ryan was available this summer and we didn't even kick the tires on that. This teams failure to generate offence is all on Gillis.

Archived