The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The lack of secondary scoring is so glaring...

Lui's Knob

Folks are upset because we are no longer dominating and we see the end coming. We have had a fantastic franchise really since 2002. Blips being in 2006 and 8 .

We cant be good every year and now we dont have a weak division to fall back on . We have probably been a half baked team for 2 years now.

In fact, I trace the end of our team to the game we won in Boston in early 2012. We do not seem like the same team ever since.

We are still a competitive team. Its hard to sit there and watch a great team for years and accept that the cycle is over.

Luongo is 34 , Twins are 33. Bieksa and Burrows are 32. Even Kesler is 29.

I think if MG makes some moves to bring in more talent, we can still compete. If not, we may or may not squeek in the playoffs and I doubt we win a round.

Gillis cant even trade overpaid overrated 3rd liners like Higgins and Booth.....because he handed out NTC's like they were going out of style! Higgins has 3 more friggin years and he's already declining. Booth is a glorified Steve Bernier with hands of stone. Ryan was available this summer and we didn't even kick the tires on that. This teams failure to generate offence is all on Gillis.

Higgins works his butt off, He just get's put in a position where he doesn't belong, He belongs on the 3rd line Period. Gillis is starting to remind me a of Dave Nonis with his tenure here, where he brings in experimental players and just hopes it works! Ex: the Sturm signing..yepp that's our GM.

Kassian for hodgson! Oh wait, buffalo would laugh at us and hang up

To think some people still defend this moronic trade.

Well Cody scored a whole goal in the 6 game head start he had on the season while Kassian was sitting out serving his suspension. Yeah, that was a huge lopsided trade of massive proportions. A whole goal in six games. That is on pace for 14 goals...last year Zack scored 7 in 39 which was on pace for...wait for it...

15 goals

Just sayin in all seriousness now, we won't be able to judge that trade until the body of work of the players involved is completed. All we know is some people really like Cody. cough.

Well Cody scored a whole goal in the 6 game head start he had on the season while Kassian was sitting out serving his suspension. Yeah, that was a huge lopsided trade of massive proportions. A whole goal in six games.

Have you watched any sabers games? Didn't think so.

Other than the Sedins, the forward crop is full of blue collared workhorses. They'll play hard, but they won't sustain offensive with their lack of creativity.

This is where I think we really missed Ehrhoff... yes he is a D but he was fairly creative from the point.

We have to hope that Schroeder has something to offer us this year, and Santorelli keeps this up.

How is the new coach saviour and youth movement going?

Ironic that Raymond ,Grabner and Hodgson all lead their teams and the entire NHL.

There might be a problem with the core and the talent that this .org decided to keep instead of trade.

This won't last.

This is where I think we really missed Ehrhoff... yes he is a D but he was fairly creative from the point.

We have to hope that Schroeder has something to offer us this year, and Santorelli keeps this up.

I do think Schroeder has some very good playmaking to offer but will they put him with guys that will help him suceed or just toss him on a line with Weise again

I don't understand how people can think that Gillis is good at his job. It's just painful to watch, kills me inside to think of what this team could have been with competent management.

if only this team won back to back presidents cups and went to a stanley cup final game seven at some point in Gillis' tenure he might be considered at least above average for our history of GM's. ...yeah i feel ya. not.

if only this team won back to back presidents cups and went to a stanley cup final game seven at some point in Gillis' tenure he might be considered at least above average for our history of GM's. ...yeah i feel ya. not.

He was given the core of the Sedin's, Kesler, Salo, Edler, Burrows, Bieksa. All he had to do was fill in and maintain the pieces that made us successful. Instead, he trades away all the pieces that played key supporting roles in what some consider the best season in franchise history. Now we're left with a bunch of grinders that couldn't hold a candle to the talent and creativity that flowed through our 2011 team.

They sure did, then that goof had to grind away and chisel the roster down to what we have today. It takes a special kind of awful to turn a diamond back into carbon.

I don't agree with trading Kesler but he does need better linemates. Kesler has never been an offensive player anyways, yes he is capable offensively but he's more of an all-around two way player who gets his goals from hard work rather than skill and creativity.

If we can't find better players to provide offense we need to change our style to suit our strengths.

Archived