The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers looking for a 3rd pairing defenceman

Hamhuis & Booth for Yakupov!

BOOM!

Hamhuis doesn't provide 50 point offense that Edler does but is looked at as 'more dependable'

Edler looks like a changed man playing under Torts.. hiitting everything in sight

God yes. I'd need new drawers if we got Yakupov.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Yakupov - Kesler - Santorelli

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

Tostitos - Not Richards - Why-se

HHHNNNNNGGGGGG

Wanted by Edmonton Oilers: tough, mean third-pairing defenceman, possibly Deryk Engelland:

The Edmonton Oilers are looking for a third pairing defenceman with some muscle and/or meanness.

They had Mark Fistric and Theo Peckham last year but didn’t like either enough to resign them, although they miss Fistric’s hitting ability.

Fistric is now with the Anaheim Ducks; Peckham now plays for the Rockford IceHogs, the Chicago Blackhawks’ AHL farm team.

Pittsburgh Penguins defencemaman Deryk Engelland’s name keeps coming up as a possibility in a trade, if not to Edmonton, somewhere else.

He’s certainly tough and he was born in Edmonton

http://blogs.edmonto...ing-defenceman/

I've always liked Engelland.

Respectable, capable 3rd pair right D who is as tough as nails for a mid sized D. He seems on the way out in Pitt with positive young D prospects. Makes a lot of sense if they can agree on something?

Could see Mtl as good trading partners if Yakupov wants out. Reunite him with Galchenyuk and get a package including Tinordi coming back.

Tinordi looked pretty ordinary against us. But yes, considered a premium D prospect, and big which they need. They already have a premium young puck moving D. Him and Nurse hypothetically would look pretty good 3 years from now.

Anaheim? St.Louis? Jackman or Bryan Allen seem to be that tough type of defensemens. Petry and a 3rd for Jackman but Allen would be pretty cheap.

We aren't trading with them, we don't have anyone of that calibre really.

St Louis is a pretty fair estimate as to where a deal has function for both sides. St Louis is absolutely stacked on D plus has a spare goaltender. Edmonton has gobs of young scorers, St Louis's number 1 need? They even have recent history working together on a deal.

One stop shop!

I could see Gardiner being a possibility

I see this as less likely in the context of this thread. I would not be surprised to see him traded by Toronto at all; they have Rielly as a premium young puck mover. But Gardiner is not a 3rd pair guy either and Edmonton again has Schultz in the role you might covet Gardiner for.

Unrelated but interesting; THN had one of their guys suggest Gardiner as a good swap with Vancouver; should we want cut bait on Kassian.

Tinordi looked pretty ordinary against us. But yes, considered a premium D prospect, and big which they need. They already have a premium young puck moving D. Him and Nurse hypothetically would look pretty good 3 years from now.

St Louis is a pretty fair estimate as to where a deal has function for both sides. St Louis is absolutely stacked on D plus has a spare goaltender. Edmonton has gobs of young scorers, St Louis's number 1 need? They even have recent history working together on a deal.

One stop shop!

I see this as less likely in the context of this thread. I would not be surprised to see him traded by Toronto at all; they have Rielly as a premium young puck mover. But Gardiner is not a 3rd pair guy either and Edmonton again has Schultz in the role you might covet Gardiner for.

Unrelated but interesting; THN had one of their guys suggest Gardiner as a good swap with Vancouver; should we want cut bait on Kassian.

much rather have Franson

I've always liked Engelland.

Respectable, capable 3rd pair right D who is as tough as nails for a mid sized D. He seems on the way out in Pitt with positive young D prospects. Makes a lot of sense if they can agree on something?

For all the great intangables of Englland.... Why arent WE kicking Pittsburgh's tires? Heaven forbid we get a guy that can actually win a fight plunked on our back end

sedins for hall and ...?

Sigh.

We're not trading the Sedins, nor do we have any reason to trade the Sedins. Especially not to a division rival. Not only that, but it would be a massive slap in the face to two of the classiest and most talented played to play for this organization. I don't even know why people bring it up, they'll retire Canucks.

Sigh.

We're not trading the Sedins, nor do we have any reason to trade the Sedins. Especially not to a division rival. Not only that, but it would be a massive slap in the face to two of the classiest and most talented played to play for this organization. I don't even know why people bring it up, they'll retire Canucks.

Not only this, but Hall wouldn't be worth either Sedin straight across. Honestly I think Hall has hit his peak.

by far my favorite for canucks wishlist is hall.

it would take a big return to do that one.

That's literally the last player on edmonton I would want here... He's a snivelling, whining, diving crybaby player who skates with his head down and admires his own passes and gets destroyed doing it - grossly overrated and one of the biggest embellishers in the league.

On topic - they should worry about finding a first pairing defenceman first.

ok hall for sedins and 1st pick in 15.

Hate to double post like you... But you need to watch the oilers a few times before you think hall is the future leader of ANY team. Seriously, the man crush you have is ridiculous - and I'm willing to bet Hall doesn't break 80 points. Ever. Most overrated player on any Canadian team...

Are you a Steven Tyler fan by any chance?

Archived