#1 Utica Fan

Utica Fan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

POPULAR

To keep the "tradition" going strong... Utica is proud to present: our Green Man. He is 1 of 4 to proudly stand behind our Comets. Please note the "new colors" on the inside of "our barn".

America, home of the free(loader). Working hard to support those who don't want to.

#2 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

Very nice to see the tradition spreading!
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#3 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

One of four? There are four green men? Or there are four "characters" in your rink, the green man being one of them?

#4 Utica Fan

Utica Fan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

We have the Green Men here in Utica. 4 individual "characters" portraying this 'icon". We actually had a sign up sheet and there is now a waiting list...from what I understand.

America, home of the free(loader). Working hard to support those who don't want to.

#5 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

that's just so... odd.

#6 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,758 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

that's just so... odd.

And awesome!

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#7 UticaHockey

UticaHockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

The Utica Green Man was hilarious at the preseason game taunting the opposing team in the penalty box.

#8 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,500 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Awesome, glad to see we're growing the brand into something that unites both teams.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#9 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Awesome, glad to see we're growing the brand into something that unites both teams.

Agreed
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#10 Utica Fan

Utica Fan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Here is is...at the pre season game vs. Adirondack

#11 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

Hilarious. I can see Glen Healy's head exploding right about now.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#12 UticaGreenMan

UticaGreenMan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

First of all, yes, this is the official Utica Green Man. Now that that's out of the way, allow me to clear some things up. 1. There are not 4 Green Men and as far as I knew, never was. 2. I never heard of any waiting list, or anything remotely close to that and there was certainly never a sign up sheet. This is something I personally decided to do in honor of the guys up in Vancouver and it just so happened there was another guy that wanted to join me when the season started to complete the pair. I'm not tryin to put anyone down here, that's not what I'm about. I'm just trying to clear up some misunderstandings. If anyone has any questions, please ask away! I couldn't be prouder to be doing what I do at the games and supporting the Comets and greater Canucks organization!

#13 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

First of all, yes, this is the official Utica Green Man. Now that that's out of the way, allow me to clear some things up. 1. There are not 4 Green Men and as far as I knew, never was. 2. I never heard of any waiting list, or anything remotely close to that and there was certainly never a sign up sheet. This is something I personally decided to do in honor of the guys up in Vancouver and it just so happened there was another guy that wanted to join me when the season started to complete the pair. I'm not tryin to put anyone down here, that's not what I'm about. I'm just trying to clear up some misunderstandings. If anyone has any questions, please ask away! I couldn't be prouder to be doing what I do at the games and supporting the Comets and greater Canucks organization!

that's a lot better, and not as weird as originally stated. do you have a character name (ours are Force and Sully)

#14 UticaGreenMan

UticaGreenMan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

No, not yet. My plan was to wait a few games and then put it out to the fans for suggestions once they see what I've got. I had heard someone was posting different stories about me on the Canucks website somewhere and they said they'd put the idea for a name out there but I haven't seen it yet.

#15 UticaHockey

UticaHockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

We need to get the guys running the cameras and video boards to get footage of you when the opposition take penalties. It's hard to see you from our seats.

#16 Utica Fan

Utica Fan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Other Utica fan here..sorry for the confusion, but I "heard" at the "Aud" that there were 4 of you guys and there was a waiting list. That will teach me to go to the source first. I'll post that suggestion on the Comets webpage. We need to get you on camera at the Aud.

#17 UticaGreenMan

UticaGreenMan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'm all for it, but whether I'm on the camera or not, it's just the most fun I've had in my life when those guys go in the box. Their reactions are priceless and I can't wait for you guys to see what I've got planned for upcoming games.

#18 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

for some reason I think it would be great if you were to go by "Mac". Sully, Force and Mac, it just sorta rolls off your tongue.

#19 UticaGreenMan

UticaGreenMan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

I've been trying to think of something locally related, but have been coming up blank. I do like the Mac suggestion though. I'll see what else I get, but I'd say that's a solid fallback.

#20 PavelsElbow

PavelsElbow

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

thats awesome!
Sig too big.

#21 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

We have the Green Men here in Utica. 4 individual "characters" portraying this 'icon". We actually had a sign up sheet and there is now a waiting list...from what I understand.

That's actually an awesome gimmick. Be the Green Man and heckle the penalty box for a night!

Good idea.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#22 UticaGreenMan

UticaGreenMan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

It's more than just a night. Those are my season tickets. I'll be right there giving them hell every game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.