The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 3-2 Flyers

Drouin

Not bad but why not roll with Kesler on the top line. Then slot any one of our centers on the second line with Danny and burr. That's still 2 thirds of our old top line slotting in on the second.

Higgins Henrik Kesler

Daniel Santorelli Burrows

Booth Schroeder Hansen

Weise Richardson Kassian

Top 2 lines would be a constant threat if Santorelli continues taking his limitless pills lol

Booth and Schroeder were pretty invisible. I thought Santorelli had a good game, and I was happy to see Higgins finally pot one.

I'm starting to worry about B3 and Hamhuis, as it looks like they are crapping the bed all game long. Tanev and Hansen look fantastic. If anything, I'd like to see lines like this:

Burrows - Henrik - Hansen

Daniel - Kesler - Higgins

Booth - Santorelli - Weise

Kassian - Richardson - Sestito

here comes the dead horse:

only 2 legitimate superstars on the team.

play them on different lines = 2 lines that can score and are dangerous.

play them on one line to make it easier for the opposing team to defend.

saw it again tonight, mark the dead horse's words: need to split them up this year to be successful, because we lack the depth to enable us to keep them together all the time. we need more top 6 players? have our borderline top-6 players on a line with the sedins, and they are suddenly top 6 players.

the splitting up of the twins works in the short term and, though there was one good line, the rest of the lines had zero chemistry. I'm ok with it for short periods, but it's certainly not a recipe for success on a long term scale.

The Canucks found a way to win even when the officials were clearly trying to push the game in the Flyers favor. From allowing Giroux to turn a blatant hand pass into an assist to giving Bieksa a penalty for an elbow that never existed, the officials displayed once again how truly crooked and incompetent they are.

The Canucks took all that adversity and turned it against itself.

It's nice to see a coach who plays to win #refreshing. PS. Montreal game was the most exciting game I've seen thus far especially in the first period. Too bad we couldn't bury any. I've never jumped out of my seat so much.Then it just kinda died in the third and too many shots AT Price. Reffing was questionable too. No call on high stick on Sedin who drew blood. Interference call on Hamhuis for opposing player skating right into him when there was plenty of space between Hamhuis and the boards. But at the end of the day, we're going to need more then 1 goal to win games...

The Canucks found a way to win even when the officials were clearly trying to push the game in the Flyers favor. From allowing Giroux to turn a blatant hand pass into an assist to giving Bieksa a penalty for an elbow that never existed, the officials displayed once again how truly crooked and incompetent they are.

The Canucks took all that adversity and turned it against itself.

Weise at times can be the player we need him to me i just find too often he does too many of the little things very bad ie getting a puck out, getting a puck deep for a line change, making or taking a pass or winning a board battle.

I find any line with Sestito and Weise just ends up getting hemmed in their own zone 75% of the time and it leads to opposition scoring chances, penalties and bad momentum.

We have him for his size, forcheck and toughness but unfortunately he doesn't really play that game as well as i would like and just isn't very tough and all the same with Sestito.

There's got to be other players on waivers or on the farm that could be given a shot and do much better we can't be content on what these 2 bring to the table because it sure isn't much.

the splitting up of the twins works in the short term and, though there was one good line, the rest of the lines had zero chemistry. I'm ok with it for short periods, but it's certainly not a recipe for success on a long term scale.

Archived