The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 3-2 Flyers

Drouin

Flyers played better than what I have seen of them this year. Lucky bounces made the game interesting.

Not a good consistent game but its a good start for the road trip, too many times we were dumping and chasing imo.

Loving Torts on the bench so far this season, doing what needs to be done. Sometimes the line changes are off with timing (4th vs 1st) but generally works out.

Loved the grit to come back. Higgins-Hank-Kesler is a lot of firepower on the top line, although I'm not sure this line is sustainable as a combo for more than a handful of games.

Schroeder looked good in his return. If the Sedins are split, maybe have him play with Dank and Santorelli?

Finally, Tanev. What wasn't there to like from his game tonight? The one-timer from the point caught my attention. That shot had WAYYY more on it than I thought it would. It seems he addressed his two biggest weaknesses (piss poor slap shot, lack of strength) in the offseason. I'd like to see him as the PP QB on the first unit next game since he is the best passer of all our D-men.

He basically scored 1 goal against the 2nd worse team in the league.

He played alright, but he was still on the ice for 1 of the Flyers goals and had 0 hits. He was great in the face off circle tonight, which is good to see. First few games he was brutal.

Archived