Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hodgson!!

Bryzgalov released from Tryout with Las Vegas

26 posts in this topic

JEFF SIMMONS

OCTOBER 16, 2013, 10:17 PM

Ilya Bryzgalov’s time in Sin City is over.

The longtime NHL goaltender was released from his tryout with the Las Vegas Wranglers on Wednesday, according to the official ECHL website.

Bryzgalov, 33, attended the Wranglers training camp after he was unable to find a contract with an NHL club.

The Philadelphia Flyers bought out the final seven years of his nine-year, $51-million contract in the off-season.

He posted a 19-17-3 record with a 2.79 goals-against average and .900 save percentage last season in 40 games with the Flyers.

Wow.. He went from being an all star to a goalie who can't even make the ECHL.

Edit: Forgot he could just be signing an NHL contract

Maybe he is about to sign with an NHL team.. Who knows. I would never have believed this if someone showed it to me a few years back.

Holy man. I'm going to assume that he is about to sign with an NHL team because I can't believe that he can't even make it in the ECHL

He's about to sign with Pitts or Edmonton. My guess is Pitts as Edmonton has bears in the woods or some such nonsense

SWOOPING IN with a surprise attack, It's the Buffalo Sabs! They'll sign Bryz(team w/Enroth), to then trade Miller for a bucketfulla'stuff.

Has he really sunk so far that he can't even make the ECHL? That's actually kinda sad.

Its a little too crazy to think he can't make the ECHL, so I would assume he got signed..

Cheechoo signs in the KHL but Bryz can't even sign in the ECHL?

It would only make sense to me if he's being signed by an NHL team.

There is no way an ECHL team releases him even if he cannot stop a beachball. Its quite a drawing card to have a high profile NHL goalie on your roster.

So therefore he is released because he is about to get signed. My bet is with the Oilers.

There is no way an ECHL team releases him even if he cannot stop a beachball. Its quite a drawing card to have a high profile NHL goalie on your roster.

So therefore he is released because he is about to get signed. My bet is with the Oilers.

I'm pretty sure he is about to sign an NHL contract. There is a lot of interest in him right now.

i remember when he was in phoenix. He was pretty good. But once he went to philly everything went downward, lol

Canucks trade Luongo to NYI for Michael Grabner . Sign Bryz to a 3 year deal.