The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hockeybuzz] Could the Sedin's be on the move?

Merci

If I'm MG, I still don't even consider it.

As much I would hate to see the Sedins go, I would at least consider it. That trade would end any concerns of a "window closing" for us. And Philly sucks right now so that 1st rounder will be high.

Not saying I would definitely do it, but I would at least have to consider it.

Good one Eklund. I guess we should ignore both of the actual sides involved who have said they'll end their careers as Canucks.

The Flyers don't even have anything worth trading for.

Daniel and Hank>>>Giroux and Schenn

Throw in Laughton and Couturier and Gillis may consider it.

Hartnell Couturier and a first...for the twins? 180 to 200 points a season for...120 or less a season and a pick? Ouch

Meh we'd be stacked in 3 years,

Hartnell Kesler Kassian

Shinkuruk Horvat Gaunce

Higgins Couturier Burrows

Santo Richardson Hansen

sedins are sure fire all stars multiple all star games, took a team to game 7 - only giroux compares to them, so I would say Giroux = a little less than 1 sedin, so what is Daniel worth?? Simmonds, Couturier and a first. - simmonds and Voracek have never scored > 55 points...they also are not the same 2 way players as the canucks...

so Sedins for Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, 1st

Canucks:

Burrows Giroux Voracek

Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins Couturier Hansen

Santo Richardsson Weiss

I actually think this lineup is weaker that a lineup with the sedins in it

sedins are sure fire all stars multiple all star games, took a team to game 7 - only giroux compares to them, so I would say Giroux = a little less than 1 sedin, so what is Daniel worth?? Simmonds, Couturier and a first. - simmonds and Voracek have never scored > 55 points...they also are not the same 2 way players as the canucks...

so Sedins for Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, 1st

Canucks:

Burrows Giroux Voracek

Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins Couturier Hansen

Santo Richardsson Weiss

I actually think this lineup is weaker that a lineup with the sedins in it

Most lineups without the Sedins in it are weaker.

Seriously, what more do we want out of these guys? They've been consistent PPG players and leaders. They just need a supporting cast like any great players.

Giroux is struggling with the same thing right now as a captain.

I highly doubt they would be trading Giroux, definitely not Hartnell he would be the person playing with the Sedins. I'd do it if it were something like this:

H.Sedin D.Sedin

for

Couturier

B. Schenn

Vorachek

Simmonds

1st

Instantly rebuilding the team and the Sedins can always return in FA. If they did happen to return in FA it would make Vancouver instant cup favourites. I can't see Philly being dumb enough to risk so much for 2 players that can just walk in the summer.

I highly doubt they would be trading Giroux, definitely not Hartnell he would be the person playing with the Sedins. I'd do it if it were something like this:

H.Sedin D.Sedin

for

Couturier

B. Schenn

Vorachek

Simmonds

1st

Instantly rebuilding the team and the Sedins can always return in FA. If they did happen to return in FA it would make Vancouver instant cup favourites. I can't see Philly being dumb enough to risk so much for 2 players that can just walk in the summer.

its Holmgren....

H.Sedin D.Sedin

for

Couturier

B. Schenn

Vorachek

Simmonds

1st

does this make us better???

no

H.Sedin D.Sedin

for

Couturier

B. Schenn

Vorachek

Simmonds

1st

simmonds kesler voracek

burrows schenn booth

higgins couturier hansen

santo richardson weiss

this is a weaker lineup

if the philly wants the sedins

it is

To PHIL

Sedins

3rd

To VAN

Giroux

Laughton

simmonds

voracek

couturier

In addition, don't really like Giroux's contract. Giroux, Simmonds, Laughton, PLUS a 2014 1st? Hmm..might start to be tempting.

Why would the twins want to go to a franchise which has been hollowed-out(in order to acquire them)? a fresh, new load of pressure(for 34 yr olds) in a market that lives for goonery...Unlikely.

Archived