The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks are a Playmaking center away...

nitwitt

I don't see Kesler remaining with the twins - I'd rather see him playing center with Higgins and Burrow or Hansen.

I like them as a changeup, but not as a staple.

I think moving Booth off the second line - when centered by Kesler - is more important. Imo Kesler and Booth were having a lot of difficulty developing chemistry - but they both perform better with different linemates. The Sedins have been producing regardless of who they play with, and Kesler imo was playing just as solid before this move - he and Higgins were on fire together. I think this just comes down to Kesler and Booth being a pair of like charges that wind up repelling each other.

The Booth Schroeder Kassian combination was working well imo - I'd use Santorelli there in the absence of Schroeder.

How many years have we been a "top 6 forward/C away from being a contender/champion"? I doubt MG fixes it at this point seeing as how the Canucks appear to be on the decline. I honestly wonder how Shinkaruk would have looked on this team. Why he wasn't given AT LEAST the 5 games Kassian was suspended is beyond being beyond me... Burrows then goes down and we're short two "top 6 forwards".

Sedin/Sedin/Hansen or Kassian or Santorelli

_____/Kesler/Burrows

Higgins/Richardson/Santorelli or Hansen or Kassian

Weise/Someone/Kassian.or Hansen or Santorelli

Bump Kassian, Hansen, Burrows, Santorelli up and down the lineup all night long as the game goes. Just find someone else who can contribute offensively for the top 6...

Stop creating depth by adding players for the bottom 6 and pushing someone up. Add depth by acquiring someone that is going to push good players like Hansen/Higgins/Santorelli/Kassian DOWN. Roll 4 lines at that point. Hansen/Santorelli will still get minutes on the PK so a full night of 4th line duty doesn't hurt them all that much if we can roll the lines. You could even put Booth in the 4th line if you feel he's up to it.

Kesler will probably bounce back and forth between top-line winger and 2nd centre.

Either way, Vancouver needs another center. Schroeder is not the answer for the 3rd line. He'll get eaten alive in a 7-game series with the Sharks, Kings, Blues, etc.

If Columbus doesn't end up getting it together, they may part with Dubinsky, who I think would be a perfect fit. Shutdown C who can also provide top-6 offense.

Not sure Schroeder is the answer for anything on this team unless it is his value in a trade. I'm not sure if his leg was already hurting him but he was getting manhandled down low. Sure he can make a good pass 2-3 times a game and create some chances that way, but otherwise no use. Cammi in Calgary, Vanek in BUF. Two teams looking to add youth/picks this season... If Edler waives his NTC then I'd say he's fair game if MG can bring in an impact player. No more "He could be good this year, but he'll definitely be good down the road" stuff.

Paul Stastny next year?

Sedin-Sedin-Kes

Shinkaruk-Stastny-Burr

Higgins-Ott-Hansen

BINGO!!!!! This is the exact player the Canucks need and that is exactly what I was thinking for the second line and if Shinkaruk isn't ready,Higgins will do just fine. The third line though would more likely be Booth-Schroeder-Kassian.

Grabovski could be available at the deadline.

I would like to see us go for more under the radar guys like Brassard or Vermette though.

Under the radar is definitely the way we MUST go, but also, Booth will likely have to go to make the cap room. Then we will need an under the radar center and winger, 2 players, top 9 guys who can play. I also think Vermette would be good.

Not that crazy about Kesler on the first line with Sedins. I think he was -3 against Pittsburg.

I actually like him with Daniel on the second line, because I think Daniel's underrated as a playmaker.

Only a -1 actually.

He was brutal in the faceoff dot though. All of our centers but Santorelli were.

Not that crazy about Kesler on the first line with Sedins. I think he was -3 against Pittsburg.

I actually like him with Daniel on the second line, because I think Daniel's underrated as a playmaker.

Agreed. Daniel is criminally underrated as a playmaker. He's the second best passer on the team, why not put him with the shoot first Kesler?

Schroeder is useless- booth is getting way too much for his low production; Canucks need another top 6 threat and soon or else it will be a quick exit again

Yes and the best years/window is closing on the twin superstars that have held this team's offense together.

Booth is slow at assuming his second line position anointment.There is no other second line contending winger unless the twins are stripped of Burr.Then the .org puts it on Hank and Dan to do it all yet again.

It is the same old story.Gillis traded for a project 'five years into the future' player Kassian when he should have traded for an experienced center or at the very least a second line winger.

I am interested to see how the PP and PP goals decide this season.

Schroeder needs to really show now but the new shot blocking mantra is not helping him stay on the roster.

Archived