The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks are a Playmaking center away...

nitwitt

Ok I know I've been harping on MG and the Canucks of recent, However, it appears the winger that the Sedins have needed all along has been right here. Kesler is the absolute perfect fit, he's got good size, good wheels, good skill, good shot and he'll bang. So if are new look number one line is "BeastModo", then Mg has to bring in a very good playmaking center who can play with Burrows and Higgins. Leaving what I think will be an amazing third line of Schroeder, Kassian and Booth and an equally amazing fourth line Santorelli, Hansen and Richardson. This just could be the most complete team the Canucks have ever had.

Mg's signings have been gm of the year worthy but his trades are middle tier at best so I would rather have him sign a player like Gagne. He was once an all-star but has fell of since, mg has had luck with players like this. Eg. Higgins, Lappy, Richardson, Santorelli, etc. ( Their not all stars of course but they all had highs in their careers and slipped sharply away from them)

playmaking center with at least one top 6 winger if Kesler is to play on the top line...But the question is who? It will take a big trade to make it happen

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

VANEK - LEGWAND - Burrows

Now to find a way to make that top six possible...

Grabovski could be available at the deadline.

I would like to see us go for more under the radar guys like Brassard or Vermette though.

Brassard was good under Torts last season.

After he got traded to NYR, he got 11 points in 13 games in the regular season and 12 points in 12 games in the playoffs.

Grabovski could be available at the deadline.

I would like to see us go for more under the radar guys like Brassard or Vermette though.

What would it take to get Brassard though? Vermette could be acquirable but Brassard may be a little tough to land. We would have excellent center depth if we managed to get both of them.

The problem is our top 6 aren't really offensively talented once you get away from Hank who appears capable of making anyone, including the trainer, an offensive threat.

Yes, this team needs a legitimate top 6 scoring/play making forward but it has other problems with its existing cast.

Danny is a shadow of the player he was before Keith's hit. Without Hank, he is a non-factor. That has to be a huge concern at the price he and Hank are demanding. Does/can MG extend Hank and trade Daniel?

Kesler is a great shutdown center and capable of putting up some offence but he lacks the offensive talent to consistently put up points.

Booth MIA so far. Too expensive for what he brings.

Lu playing mediocre at best. lots of apologists will refer to his usual slow starts but he is getting older and last year his slow start lasted 2 months. In the western conference, 2 months could be "season over". Right now, he doesn't give the team any better chance of winning than Lack would and that's not good enough.

When you've got youngsters and pick-ups out-playing your core vets, you need more than one new scoring forward!

Horvat, Schroeder. It would be stupid to go after a rental or trade for someone to give up futures. We are not a playmaking center away, we are half a team away. We are probably a 10-15 team in the league, if we have about 1-4 million $ in cap space maybe Gillis can jump on a Gagne, Propsal, or Whitney.

Archived