The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

vcrguy

Just for example, look at the nifty play Weise, Bieksa & Rich came up with. You can't tell me they'd planned that-but you throw the puck around a bit(while moving w/pace), & things will sometimes materialize. In the Sedinery short-passing/cycling, I think there's genius which all(almost all) their teammates try to emulate/recreate, at times(they're influenced by this particular greatness). I don't see any of this from Booth. His hobbies/eccentricities aside; I'm sorry, I don't see ANY flair, creativity, and/or special skills commensurate with EVEN 2.5 mill worth of cap, taken from our 64.3 mill total. It's scandalous robbery what this guy has made, whilst cramming his Sarah Palinesque-existence down our throats. We need an exit-strategy, & pronto.

Booth wasn't acquired for the type of play you are talking about. He was acquired to be a drive the net power forward. He needa linemates that support that role.

If Booth could stay healthy for atleast 77 games in a season, people would be singing his praises

fixed it for ya

I dont mean to dump on Booth, I was very excited when he got traded here. I previously had him in my hockey pool until Richards nailed him.

The fact of the matter is that he DOES make a hefty salary and to me, and this is my opinion, if a player is constantly injured and we, as fans always "have to wait till he plays himself into game shape" then Im sorry.... Not good enough. Time to dump him quicker than an ugly chick brought home from the bar. Would just rather have a player who is reliable enough to "BE there" regulary.

fixed it for ya

I dont mean to dump on Booth, I was very excited when he got traded here. I previously had him in my hockey pool until Richards nailed him.

The fact of the matter is that he DOES make a hefty salary and to me, and this is my opinion, if a player is constantly injured and we, as fans always "have to wait till he plays himself into game shape" then Im sorry.... Not good enough. Time to dump him quicker than an ugly chick brought home from the bar. Would just rather have a player who is reliable enough to "BE there" regulary.

Using your philosophy, when Crosby was injured and played only 63 games over two seasons, the Penguins should have dumped him?

regards,

G.

PS - and for those about to jump all over the Booth/Crosby comparison: yes, Crosby is the better player. A much, much, much better player.

What is being compared is their lack of playing time.

Using your philosophy, when Crosby was injured and played only 63 games over two seasons, the Penguins should have dumped him?

regards,

G.

PS - and for those about to jump all over the Booth/Crosby comparison: yes, Crosby is the better player. A much, much, much better player.

What is being compared is their lack of playing time.

Booth is no Crosby!

Sorry, couldn't resist

wow this guy gets 4.2 mil? for WHAT? no hockey sense , makes nothing happen EVER! whomever gave him this contract should be run out of the league forever , pretty bad when he makes weise look like a skilled player....waste of space and money on this team...waive him good-bye Gillis

Hoping that's sarcasm.

With Florida he had 3 seasons with over 20 goals and a high of 60 points. You don't pull that off with "no hockey sense". Yes, he has struggled in Vancouver and it's entirely possible he will never get back to where he was, but he has been a very good player and it's just a matter of time to see how he comes out of what has been a tough period with the Canucks where he has suffered injuries and set backs. IMHO opinion he is, overall, improving, but definitely slowly and has a ways to go. If after 20-25 games he is still where he is now, it might be that that is the Booth we will see from now on (and that will be an issue with his cap hit)

David Booth has scored 18 goals for the Canucks in 77 games, spread over three seasons.

If it was game 77 in one single season, and Booth had scored 18 goals, people would be singing his praises.

regards,

G.

Perfect!

As suggested without a camp he is doing OK. I'm just glad he is getting games in without injury. I really thought the Booth-Schroeder-Kassian line was generating good chances. By X-Mass I expect Booth to be making those classic cuts to the net and scoring a few. Ignore the salary issue. What Booth can bring is a fast, big body who can work the boards and does have a shot.

Wait. David Booth is underperforming compared to slary and expectations? I had no idea. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Hopefully someone alerts Canucks management.

lol - and in reality the person who is likely the most aware of it and desperate for change is David Booth.

he came into camp over weight at around 240 lbs!!!!!!

i read an article on nhl.com where he said he put the weight on because he was so impressed with chicago's bryan bickell's performance in the SCF last year, booth went on to say he wanted to change his game to play bickell's big robust in front of the net/crashing style.

this is a club decision and not booth's i thought as i read the article, he went on later to say the weight slowed him down and didn't feel natural so he abandonds the idea of being a larger power forward, he wanted the natural speed back in his game, can you believe this guy or the article ( it was an interview )?

the flip side of course was; he was unable to train in the off season because of his injury ( so i thought ), but heck given that he can't train it doesn't mean you can't do other things to have yourself enter the season with a minimal amount of work to get into shape by not fattening up but by staying lean at least for camp.

gillis has made a huge mistake and there are no takers for a player who constantly has upside as many of you have been telling us in the past and here in this forum today, he's a bust!

Perfect!

As suggested without a camp he is doing OK. I'm just glad he is getting games in without injury. I really thought the Booth-Schroeder-Kassian line was generating good chances. By X-Mass I expect Booth to be making those classic cuts to the net and scoring a few. Ignore the salary issue. What Booth can bring is a fast, big body who can work the boards and does have a shot.

this guy is pathetic along the boards, ya might want to start by paying attention to this, many of us are still waiting for him to win a puck there or do something oppurtunistic for the team which usually amounts to a give away or turnover or something neutral....you don't ignore the cap issue it's a relevant part to success.

Hoping that's sarcasm.

With Florida he had 3 seasons with over 20 goals and a high of 60 points. You don't pull that off with "no hockey sense". Yes, he has struggled in Vancouver and it's entirely possible he will never get back to where he was, but he has been a very good player and it's just a matter of time to see how he comes out of what has been a tough period with the Canucks where he has suffered injuries and set backs. IMHO opinion he is, overall, improving, but definitely slowly and has a ways to go. If after 20-25 games he is still where he is now, it might be that that is the Booth we will see from now on (and that will be an issue with his cap hit)

as has been seen in the past players on crappy teams tend to be able to pad stats in mean nothing games or blow out losses, how many of his goals on some terrible panther teams actually were game winners? empty netters? or just goals that happen when the other team is way out in front? he is not a difference maker and his salary says he should be just that, if it were not for his injury i would bet we would have kept ballard and bought him out in a second...

he came into camp over weight at around 240 lbs!!!!!!

i read an article on nhl.com where he said he put the weight on because he was so impressed with chicago's bryan bickell's performance in the SCF last year, booth went on to say he wanted to change his game to play bickell's big robust in front of the net/crashing style.

this is a club decision and not booth's i thought as i read the article, he went on later to say the weight slowed him down and didn't feel natural so he abandonds the idea of being a larger power forward, he wanted the natural speed back in his game, can you believe this guy or the article ( it was an interview )?

the flip side of course was; he was unable to train in the off season because of his injury ( so i thought ), but heck given that he can't train it doesn't mean you can't do other things to have yourself enter the season with a minimal amount of work to get into shape by not fattening up but by staying lean at least for camp.

gillis has made a huge mistake and there are no takers for a player who constantly has upside as many of you have been telling us in the past and here in this forum today, he's a bust!

I think one problem with Booth is that he hasn't lost all of the weight yet. I can't remember which game it was, but on the Canucks Youtube channel where they are interviewing players in the dressing room after the game, Booth walked through the dressing room and his legs were massive! And, not in a Sidney Crosby muscle sort of way, they looked like big fat legs.

It would explain a lot as to why he looks much slower and sluggish out their in his skating.

I do think, however, that the weight will be gone in no time and by the 20 game mark he will be gettin' going. This is his year to show he has something to offer, if he doesn't, bye bye Booth.

as has been seen in the past players on crappy teams tend to be able to pad stats in mean nothing games or blow out losses, how many of his goals on some terrible panther teams actually were game winners? empty netters? or just goals that happen when the other team is way out in front? he is not a difference maker and his salary says he should be just that, if it were not for his injury i would bet we would have kept ballard and bought him out in a second...

Possibly - but I would stilll argue that for anyone to put up 60 points on ANY NHL team it means that they have some hockey sense and skill.

jokinen was a bust for calgary with that huge contract, boumeester was a disapointment in calgary ( looks great in st. louis though ), kaberle from another crappy team going to a better one has dissapeared from top ranking players, nash from columbus is hardly discussed as a top power forwar anymore, to support your theory of great players from lousy clubs ending up being severe strains to the salary cap constraints.

jokinen was a bust for calgary with that huge contract, boumeester was a disapointment in calgary ( looks great in st. louis though ), kaberle from another crappy team going to a better one has dissapeared from top ranking players, nash from columbus is hardly discussed as a top power forwar anymore, to support your theory of great players from lousy clubs ending up being severe strains to the salary cap constraints.

Lots of examples going the other way too, though.

Hard to put up 60 points when you are playing on the 3rd line with zero PP time. On Florida, he was the go-to guy on a line with Horton and Wiess. He was brought in to play with Kesler, but as we've discovered, playing with Kesler is not very easy.

If people want to complain his cap hit is too high, fair enough, but when people come on here saying that he isnt doing anything out , they are clearly not watching the game closely. Booth is one of the few players always finishing his hits, always backchecking, always covering the D-man when they decide to pinch, is always the first forward back in our zone covering the centermans spot, and drives the net hard when he does get the puck. I do realize that he is getting paid to score as well and hopefully he does start, but he has been a solid player or us so far.

Archived