The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

vcrguy

The only thing holding him back from being an elite powerforward is his hockey IQ. He is just too damned stupid to be anything more than a third liner. We have more than enough hard working checkers throughout our line up and Booth's role is redundant as well as a negative influence taking his price tag into account. Can't even manage to make two foot passes.

Anyone else notice how he killed a potential rush by overshooting that two foot pass along the boards? Ridiculous. To top it off the Blue Jackets win the ensuing faceoff and score the game winner.

Give the guy a chance, with all the bad luck he's had, He deserves at least that much, He's had a major injury and we're only 10 games in.

Forget him he's useless. nothing happens when he's on the ice kinda like Raymond .

You could never trade him with a 4.2 mil hit.

If a team like Mtl would take him off our hands(this yr & next), would it make sense to eat 1 mill of his cap(both seasons); enhancing return(middling prospect, & a 3rd) AND opening up an extra 3 mill in cap (for us)?

Also, if his cap hit was only about 3 mill, would a team such as Mtl show interest?

Even if we were to free up cap space MG would just blow it anyway. Guaranteed he'd just use it find another 3rd line grinder.

Now you all LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE Raymond.

Merely just 6 months ago, you all hated him, wanted him to be traded, called him a plug.

This just isn't fair to MG,

He brings in a player= you guys hate him

He doesn't trade a player= you guys hate him

He trades a player= you guys hate him

He picks a player in the draft= you guys say he should of selected someone else (funny thing is that some would have criticized him for picking Nichuskin too)

He doesn't buy out a player= "Overpaid" would gotten more cap space! (if he did buy him out, most of you would have been sitting here how we should of kept booth and needing secondary offence)

MUST suck being a GM, I'd rather you guys stick to NHL 14.

I don't like MG, I'm not his supporter (see recent posts), but I want you guys to think how it would suck to be in his shoes.

Well said.

I'll add this: GM's make decisions for trades, drafts, FA signings based on the information available AT THAT TIME. It is unfair to MG and others in Canucks brass to look at some of their decisions for trades based on information we now have, 2-3 years post decision.

Personally I'd like to see him on a line with Santorelli before we call it quits on him:

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Booth - Santorelli - Kassian

Higgins - Richardson - Hansen

Sestito - Welsh/Dalpe - Weise

But we'll see, if he can't do it there then I don't believe he can do it at all.. It's been too long. Just my opinion, we should look at trade options after this season if he doesn't develop chemistry with anyone.

Personally I'd like to see him on a line with Santorelli before we call it quits on him:

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Booth - Santorelli - Kassian

Higgins - Richardson - Hansen

Sestito - Welsh/Dalpe - Weise

But we'll see, if he can't do it there then I don't believe he can do it at all.. It's been too long. Just my opinion, we should look at trade options after this season if he doesn't develop chemistry with anyone.

I think putting booth with kassian would be a mistake - both lazy unskilled slow "power forwards"... Why drag down santorelli with them? Plus Higgins and hansen have outplayed both of those plugs all year. And last year.

Why don't they just waive the guy, seems to me for the limited time I have seen Walsh he's a better choice on the roster. Starting to think this is not about winning but more about saving face for MG and money for Aquallini. I can't imagine any one picking Booth up if he was on waivers. How long must we go on carrying players and depleting the strength of the roster.

When you think about it Welsh is on a contract that pays him the same in the AHL or the NHL so if you waived Booth the net change financially would be the same to Aquallini which kind of leads you to think this is a face saver for MG

Booth has lost a step. Haven't seen him walk a Dman wide in almost 2 years. But like many other posters have said. He has no trade value and all we can do is let him play and hope to god he gets better as the year progresses. Heck throw him with the Sedins for a game.

You must have missed the last couple but he did it almost to perfection a couple games back.

Put yourself in his shoes. You try to play like you did before after having an injury. Most likely, you would lose a step too, but you would also know that with time and patience you could get back to the way you were before.

Look at a player like Patrice Bergeron. He was injury plagued. It took him a while to get back to form, yet he overcame.

As far as value goes, I have one word of advice: Don't assume.

I count 2 words.

And Bergeron took his time off he needed to recover from his injury. Within a year he was what he is today. A dominate 2 way forward.

Its been 10 games back after a lot of injuries and not only has he potted a few points, but he's been defensively responsible. On top of that he's hasn't had a ton of playing time. He's proven he can score in this league. This isn't a case of a player who's never shown he can play, but we continue to rely on like many guys in the past. This is a guy who has shown he can be a top 6 player and play in both ends of the ice. A couple of years ago he was one of our best players against LA in the playoffs. If he can stay healthy, I think he'll get it back.

This organization gives up too quickly on players who have potential. Booth has the potential to return to form. Maybe not to his best year, but to a top 6 player. If we got rid of him and another team took a chance and he regained his form, everyone would cry and complain that we got rid of him. This situation has happened before.

Booth is just another failure in the "big man project" that Vancouver GM's have been obsessed for years since Todd Bertuzzi. And for some reason, our "big men" always seem to be overpaid by a large margin twindling down to 3rd/4th line grinder roles after a couple years.

Pyatt, Bernier, Booth, Kassian... Time to end it and put our hopes in Kassian.

Archived