The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

vcrguy

There's an obsession with Booth here? I wasn't aware of this.

Well, yes there is...

- He's overpaid

- He doesn't produce

- He's injury prone

- He hunts

The obsessions are there, just not the typical type you expect. Particularly the hunting part.

Bootha is an anchor on this team. 4.2 million is stopping us from getting that 3rd line centre we desperately need.

The team needs secondary scoring far more than it needs a 3rd line C. The Canucks need a top6 W or C way more than a 3rd line C, which the team has 3 players on the current roster who can fill that role (Richardson, Santorelli and Schroeder).

If the Canucks do not get secondary scoring, a bonafide offensive threat, then they will always have serious problems in the playoffs.

The team needs secondary scoring far more than it needs a 3rd line C. The Canucks need a top6 W or C way more than a 3rd line C, which the team has 3 players on the current roster who can fill that role (Richardson, Santorelli and Schroeder).

If the Canucks do not get secondary scoring, a bonafide offensive threat, then they will always have serious problems in the playoffs.

If we assume that the Sedins, Kesler, Kassian, Burrows and Burrows are the top-6 then they have 8 goals between them.

The bottom-6 of Higgins, Hansen, Booth, Santorelli, Richardson and Weise have 13 goals. The defense have 6 goals.

regards,

G.

Well, yes there is...

- He's overpaid

- He doesn't produce

- He's injury prone

- He hunts

The obsessions are there, just not the typical type you expect. Particularly the hunting part.

People who are against hunting are usually hypocrites, and/or ignorant. Hypocrites because they eat meat, also usually want to stay ignorant, as they just don't want to see how their food is actually killed. And for those who don't understand animal population control measures, they just get mad and think these hunters are killing for no reason at all.

It's irksome to see the most out-spoken people often be the least informed.

I like Booth, but really, we need him to start scoring, or his role on this team will meld with the rest of the inconsistent offence of 3rd liners... Im just not sure it's gonna happen for him. I like his forecheck, but he's so damn arward with the puck... stick handling, and playmaking are just never going to be stregnths for him... hes not even on our 2nd unit pp right now.... an considering the offensive depth of this team, that speaks volumes.

Most people suggest that in order to plug that sniper hole in our lineup, that we will have to part with a top 4 d, but I think that with burrows, higgins, hansen, booth, kassian, santorelli, schroeder, richardson..... most of which can play in similar roles, few of which are able to produce without the sedins setting them up... that theres the possibillity of one getting moved in a package deal, especially if jensen heals up and is able to fill a hole for us, though id consider him as a trading chip aswell so long that a young peice is in the return package. Also I dont really see Booth being the guy moved, cause I cant see there being much market for him, so hed just end up being more valueable as an asset to this team than the return hed fetch us.

Quick proposal.....

Hansen + Jensen + Corrado for Derek Stepan + 2014 2nd

sedin sedin kesler

higgins stepan burrows

booth santorelli kassian

sestito richardson wiese

edler bieksa

hamhuis garrison

stanton tanev

I searched the site for a similar thread but couldn't find one (surprisingly), so hopefully this one can remain open for discussion and unlocked.

I don't understand what the obsession with Booth here is. At his cap hit, I really believe he's extremely overpaid. I would much rather have another Hansen, Santorelli, Mayson Raymond or Brendan Morrow, or about a dozen other players.

Just to put his value in perspective, of the three players named below, two of which make much less than him, what one player would you cut of the three if you had to right now:

Hansen

Santorelli

Booth

I'm very curious.............

Doesn't understand the 'obsession' with Booth.

Couldn't find another thread though.

There are other players who are better cap values.

Is that about it?

What sucks about Booth is that even if people want to trade him the team needs another player just like him. The team needs a fast and skilled power-forward that can chip in offense.

Really hope the guy gets going. I see the effort being put in but no puck luck yet. Hopefully tonight.

Hard to put up 60 points when you are playing on the 3rd line with zero PP time. On Florida, he was the go-to guy on a line with Horton and Wiess. He was brought in to play with Kesler, but as we've discovered, playing with Kesler is not very easy.

If people want to complain his cap hit is too high, fair enough, but when people come on here saying that he isnt doing anything out , they are clearly not watching the game closely. Booth is one of the few players always finishing his hits, always backchecking, always covering the D-man when they decide to pinch, is always the first forward back in our zone covering the centermans spot, and drives the net hard when he does get the puck. I do realize that he is getting paid to score as well and hopefully he does start, but he has been a solid player or us so far.

This

What sucks about Booth is that even if people want to trade him the team needs another player just like him. The team needs a fast and skilled power-forward that can chip in offense.

Really hope the guy gets going. I see the effort being put in but no puck luck yet. Hopefully tonight.

So true. Is that irony?

We could trade Booth for some other under-achieving winger on another team who just "needs a change in scenery", and roll the dice again.

Archived