The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Florida Panthers fire sale seems likely

EvoLu7ioN

Not long after the ‘For Sale’ was taken down on the Florida Panthers’ franchise, one has surfaced in the dressing room.

Three weeks into the season — and less than a month since Vincent Viola and Douglas Cifu took over the franchise — sources say the Panthers are prepared to move any of their veteran players.

Forwards Tomas Fleischmann, Kris Versteeg, Scottie Upshall, Shawn Matthias, Brad Boyes and Marcel Goc are among those available along with Tom Gilbert and Dmitry Kulikov, just to name a few.

After making the playoffs two years ago, the Panthers haven’t gotten off to the kind of start anybody expected, especially after signing veteran goalie Tim Thomas.

While Viola and Cifu are willing to commit cash to the organization, the belief is they don’t want to throw good money after bad. The only thing GM Dale Tallon doesn’t want to do is trade any of the club’s good young prospects.

That means young players Jonathan Huberdeau, Jacob Markstrom, Erik Gudbranson and Aleksander Barkov won’t be going anywhere. The issue for Tallon is they don’t have a lot of players other teams covent, but somebody may make a pitch for goalie Thomas at the deadline.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/10/19/florida-panthers-fire-sale-seems-likely

Thomas Fleischman would look really good on Keslers wing, and Sean Mathias could fill the third line C role beautifully.

our team is so filled and rounded right now that we would need to send a similar roster player in return for whatever we pull in.

we couldn't just land shawn matthias in picks and prospects. we couod do something like

schroeder 3rd for shawn Matthias

tanev 2nd for kulikov.

itd be nice if someone took bieksa lmao

Cannot see a happy smile on any Canucks fans face if yet ANOTHER deal with Florida goes down unless it sees Trocheck Huberdeau Gudbranson Barkov coming back our way.

Campbell could be the guy we need out of all of them as except possibly Matthias and Versteeg there's nothing but redundant players in that list and we don't need more redundancy, we need soilid pick ups.

Losing Booth for Campbell would be doing both teams a favour but I do not see any situation where we can find a team to take Booth, although I am sure Florida management would be happy to lose Campbells contract,I do know the Sedins and our PP unit as well as Garrison would be happy to see him though.

Not long after the 'For Sale' was taken down on the Florida Panthers' franchise, one has surfaced in the dressing room.

Three weeks into the season — and less than a month since Vincent Viola and Douglas Cifu took over the franchise — sources say the Panthers are prepared to move any of their veteran players.

Forwards Tomas Fleischmann, Kris Versteeg, Scottie Upshall, Shawn Matthias, Brad Boyes and Marcel Goc are among those available along with Tom Gilbert and Dmitry Kulikov, just to name a few.

After making the playoffs two years ago, the Panthers haven't gotten off to the kind of start anybody expected, especially after signing veteran goalie Tim Thomas.

While Viola and Cifu are willing to commit cash to the organization, the belief is they don't want to throw good money after bad. The only thing GM Dale Tallon doesn't want to do is trade any of the club's good young prospects.

That means young players Jonathan Huberdeau, Jacob Markstrom, Erik Gudbranson and Aleksander Barkov won't be going anywhere. The issue for Tallon is they don't have a lot of players other teams covent, but somebody may make a pitch for goalie Thomas at the deadline.

http://www.ottawasun...le-seems-likely

And so the McDavid race to the bottom begins. Panthers take the lead with Philly running a close 2nd. No one should rule out AV's Rangers they are always in the mix! That perrenial favorite the TO Laffers appear to be distancing themselves from contention.

Cannot see a happy smile on any Canucks fans face if yet ANOTHER deal with Florida goes down unless it sees Trocheck Huberdeau Gudbranson Barkov coming back our way.

Campbell could be the guy we need out of all of them as except possibly Matthias and Versteeg there's nothing but redundant players in that list and we don't need more redundancy, we need soilid pick ups.

Losing Booth for Campbell would be doing both teams a favour but I do not see any situation where we can find a team to take Booth, although I am sure Florida management would be happy to lose Campbells contract,I do know the Sedins and our PP unit as well as Garrison would be happy to see him though.

Booth only has one more year. I don't know about Campbell's contract duration. I wouldn't give up a lot to get him.

Not long after the ‘For Sale’ was taken down on the Florida Panthers’ franchise, one has surfaced in the dressing room.

After making the playoffs two years ago, the Panthers haven’t gotten off to the kind of start anybody expected, especially after signing veteran goalie Tim Thomas.

While Viola and Cifu are willing to commit cash to the organization, the belief is they don’t want to throw good money after bad. The only thing GM Dale Tallon doesn’t want to do is trade any of the club’s good young prospects.

That means young players Jonathan Huberdeau, Jacob Markstrom, Erik Gudbranson and Aleksander Barkov won’t be going anywhere. The issue for Tallon is they don’t have a lot of players other teams covent, but somebody may make a pitch for goalie Thomas at the deadline.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/10/19/florida-panthers-fire-sale-seems-likely

I bet MG is on this like white on rice. After all, this is our farm team that is having a fire sale.

Booth only has one more year. I don't know about Campbell's contract duration. I wouldn't give up a lot to get him.

Cambell is still $7+ on the cap we couldn't afford him sadly unless we lost Booth now, leaving that glaring hole in our 2nd/3rd line without Jensen ready and now Schroeder possibly hurt again. Hard to accept sacrificing thin forward depth for such a large contract

But i'd love to see him paired with Garrison again and the QB on the PP with the twins

And so the McDavid race to the bottom begins. Panthers take the lead with Philly running a close 2nd. No one should rule out AV's Rangers they are always in the mix! That perrenial favorite the TO Laffers appear to be distancing themselves from contention.

McDavid isn't in the draft until next year, it's Reinhart this year I think, possibly Bennett

Archived