The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TEMP GDT CANUCKS VS BLUE JACKETS 3 PM START

-DLC-

Excited as a puppy to see you home from work for this one. :D hoping for the same energy as last night(or i should say afternoon((but wouldn't throw a fit it wasn't there)) I have yet to see the bluejacktes play this season so my prediction is a shot in the dark at best.

So throwing out a completely horribly wild guess and saying

2-1 'nucks

Santorelli

Kesler

Johansen

Obviously,the Bluejackets haven't picked up where they left off last season,where they gave up nothing to the opposition...Hopefully,under Torts,the Canucks can force the CBJ to play in their own end of the ice...Too bad about Schroeder (apparently,he's on crutches..not good) because his line was starting to come along.....Gut feeling tells me that CBJ may take this game,by employing a stifling (boring) trap game...Go Canucks!

Try channel 9909 The canucks backout channel will be playing the game

I think 909 is the HD one and 9909 is the SD. Sportsnet Vancouver channel anyway (versus SN Pacific or SN One).

So, what does Welsh bring to the 4th line? We've seen Dalpe, but haven't seen much, so could Welsh do more?

From one of the Carolina blogs after he was signed out of school:

Welsh is described by college fans and scouts as a big forward who has a solid shot and great offensive prowess. He was also known as one of the leaders of the leaders of this Union squad and is coming off quite a season with a career high 27 goals and 44 points in 40 regular season games. Some scouting reports also say that Welsh plays a somewhat physical game and uses his big frame to his advantage when battling for pucks and gaining position against defensemen.

That's at the college level, so don't expect quite the 'offensive prowess' he had there. Maybe a projected 25-30 point guy in the NHL, but if he can use his size then he could fit well on the 4th as an energy line.

I'm still not sure if he'll play or if they'll use Weber and wait to see him first, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I think we're gonna pull one out today after falling short yesterday.

5-2 Canucks

I wonder if this si where we see the canucks break out. Columbus has played the team hard and close over the last few years and Gaborik is a Canuck killer.

That being said wonder what it would take to get Rychel Jenner and or Heatherington out of Columbus....solid set of prospects

What about Edler for a package including Jenner?

I'd give up Kesler Tanev and a 2nd myself for Rychel and Jenner, make it a 1st if they toss in heatherington

Overpayment much? I like Jenner and he's proving some of what he can do but Rychel's an unproven prospect at this point. To go after that by giving up Kesler, Tanev and a 2nd? And maybe add a 1st for Heatherington?

Kesler's having trouble versus past years but that doesn't negate those past years. Tanev isn't redundant compared to Stanton at all (different sides as minister mentioned) so I don't think that's a worry.

Archived