The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1-3 Blue Jackets

Drouin

Its why they lose to so many bottom feeders. I gather their practices are centered on beating the offensive top dogs like Pittsburgh and don't seem to have a clue on how to play the lower talent trap-first teams.

Higgins was snake bitten for sure, but he played hard all game. Don't get the higgy hate.

Booth hasn't even earned the title "streaky", as some Booth defenders say. Name even one "streak" he has been on since signing with the Canucks. Sucks that he dragged out his injury so he couldn't be bought out.

Lack played good enough to win, but he needed the support at the other end. Not enough crashing the net on a young goaltender. I'm looking at you Kassian.

I thought Kass had a pretty decent game tonight

Higgins is far from the problem. The fact that the Canucks must use him in the top6 is the problem...

Gillis is too 'patient' to make any move. In an ideal lineup if we want to be contenders again, players like Weise, Sestito, Welsh shouldn't be on the team.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler -

Higgins - - Hansen

Santorelli - Richardson -

Gillis is too 'patient' to make any move. In an ideal lineup if we want to be contenders again, players like Weise, Sestito, Welsh shouldn't be on the team.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler -

Higgins - - Hansen

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Kassian

Booth - Santorelli - Hansen

Welsh - Richardson - Weise

Something like that without trades I think

If it makes anyone feel better, that would likely have been Burrows in that position if he was healthy.

Burrows scores that goal 9 times out of 10.

Despite my ranting to the contrary, I had the exact same thought. I still think: Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Burrows . . . we are missing 2 top-6 forwards. We can get away with using either Santorelli or Higgins.. but we're still down one.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler -

Higgins - - Hansen

Top 6 fwd(S): Thomas Vanek and Tomas Fleischmann

Third line center: Antoine Vermette

4th line RW: Jannik Hansen

Sedin - Sedin - Vanek

Fleischmann - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Vermette - Kassian

Santorelli - Richardson - Hansen

Archived