The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [Spaghetti] GAME IN PROGRESS (PLEASE PIN!)

Peaches

Hello everyone, welcome to Mafia Spaghetti! I, Lord Peach, will be your host for this game.

Signup is currently open, the more the merrier! If you wish to signup, just add your name to the player list in the next post.

Roles will likely be handed out Monday night. First lynching will be Tuesday night.

All roles will be handed out via PM. If you do not receive a PM, you are a normal townsperson.

If you're not sure how certain roles work, visit the roles section.

NIGHT FALLS WILL BE AT 9:30 PM EACH NIGHT.

If you're not sure how certain roles work, visit the roles section.

NIGHT FALLS WILL BE AT 9:30 PM EACH NIGHT.

New Item! (Please vote in poll for deciding if we should use it or not)

The Death Note

How to use:

The Death Note is in many ways is the antithesis to the med-kit.

Each round, it is handed to a randomly selected player. This player can be any role. For that round, the user is given the power to kill one person.

If the Death Note user targets a med-kit holder, the player targeted will not be killed, but the med-kit will be destroyed.

The target cannot be saved by the doctor, unless the target is the doctor himself.

A lackey block does not affect the Death Note.

A person cannot hold the Death Note more than once per game.

Note: You may not announce that you have the DN, via thread or via PM.

ROLES AND OBJECTIVES

Townsperson (TP)

The objective of the game for the townspeople, is to eliminate all mafia and the Serial Killer. The TP get one lynch every round.

Mafia

The goal of the mafia is to eliminate all townspeople (TP) and the Serial Killer. The mafia submit one kill per round via PM to me.

Sheriff

The sheriff is affiliated with the TP, but gets one investigation each round starting AFTER the round has started (I will not make that mistake again). Investigations will show up as "Not Mafia" or "Mafia". Please submit investigation to me via PM/

Vigilante (Vig)

The Vig is affiliated with the TP and gets one kill per night. Please submit kill to me via PM.

Kingpin

The kingpin is affiliated with the mafia, and gets one investigation every SECOND night. Investigations will show up as a specific role. Please submit investigation to me via PM. Will show up as "Not mafia" in sheriff investigations.

Twinblade

The Twinblade is a TP, who can sacrifice himself for the good of the town. He gets one kill per game, but kills himself in the process. Please submit kill to me via PM.

Doctor

The doctor is a TP who can save one person per night, but only once. He may not save someone from multiple kills. The doctor may save himself twice all game. Please submit save to me via PM.

RULES

- No screenshotting.

- You may not quote PM's from the host.

- You may not invite someone to a PM from the host.

- Only lynched players get last words.

- Once your dead, please shut up.

- No personal attacks.

- Please remain active. One vote and one post of substance every 2 rounds at least or you will feel Lord Peach's wrath.

- Anything Lord Peach says is final.

- Please do not reveal the mafia if you are one.

- Editing a post will result in a warning. The second time, it will result in an automatic godkill!

- Votes not bolded will not count.

- If you wish to unvote someones, please do so in this format

Unvote ????

Vote ????

Kill Order:

1) Godkill

2) Twinblade

3) Lynch

4) Mafia

5) Vigilante

6) Death Note

Good luck, and happy mafia!

My reason for wanting the Death Note over the SK is because although I love the SK (my favourite role to be) it's so difficult to win that it's almost unfair to force someone to be the SK. The Death Note solves this problem by making anyone an "SK for a round", and so gives everyone else a better chance at their game being interesting if they didn't get a special role.

Plus we've never tried it and I'd like to see how it would work in a real game, so please vote for it!

My reason for wanting the Death Note over the SK is because although I love the SK (my favourite role to be) it's so difficult to win that it's almost unfair to force someone to be the SK. The Death Note solves this problem by making anyone an "SK for a round", and so gives everyone else a better chance at their game being interesting if they didn't get a special role.

Plus we've never tried it and I'd like to see how it would work in a real game, so please vote for it!

I like this thinking actually

EDIT: you can add me as TBD.

I am personally not a fan of the death note because if the mafia get an extra kill in one round it can dramatically change the game (especially with so few players). At least the SK can choose which faction to target. I think the random death note should be given a chance once we get 20+ players again and the game advances past 2-3 rounds.

I am personally not a fan of the death note because if the mafia get an extra kill in one round it can dramatically change the game (especially with so few players). At least the SK can choose which faction to target. I think the random death note should be given a chance once we get 20+ players again and the game advances past 2-3 rounds.

So basically your saying we should have neither?

So basically your saying we should have neither?

No, I am saying yes to the SK as he/she plays for him/herself and no to the deathnote because it can cause a certain faction to become too OP at integral parts of a game when there are few players in it (2-3 round games being such).

I think Kryten hit the nail on the head when he said that the Mafia getting the Death Note for even just one round could make them very overpowered, especially in a smaller game. If anything, the Death Note should be replacing the Vig and should be passed around to TPs only IMO.

Then again, that might make the TPs too overpowered as anyone who previously had the DN is confirmed TP. I still don't think it makes much sense as an SK replacement, though.

Archived