The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Dale Weise the most underrated athlete of all time?!?!

apollo

Weise for captain and to replace the Sedins in the lineup. He can carry the whole team. All of our wins are directly because of him. He can replace Luongo too since he can be a forward and a goalie at the same time. Sestito is pretty close to his skill so our new first line should be Sestito - Weise - Alberts.

Ok no he definitely isn't.

That being said I think he is OUR most underrated player. No one ever gives him any credit but he's always bringing energy, throwing crushing hits, and surprisingly playmaking EXCEPTIONALLY WELL. He can score too if given the opportunity and ice time. It's amazing how much his speed has increased.

Vs the pens he was magic... money in the bank on that pass that lead to our second goal. While Crosby was just admiring his play on the ice.

Tonight he got a chance vs the Twins and looking at that pass it seemed like Weise was the long lost third Sedin. Phenomenal pass!!!

Yes I know Santorelli is underrated too, but he's well documented. Dale Weise is going under the radar.

WEISE IS AWESOME. Definitely one of my favourite players now. Hope he continues his good play and gets more ice time.

Dont you all agree?

I agree op!!! He's a perfect 4th liner! And he's a scoring beast when he's playing in holland

Is Apollo the biggest plug in CDC history.

Oh yes he certainly is.

Sure idc... but weise is still the most underrated player on this team.

Hope the injury isn't too serious :( anyone have an update on it? Haven't heard anything on team 1040

On a contending team like ours weise is too small to play on the fourth line and doesn't have the skill to play on the third.

He hits like a tonka truck not a mack truck.

No one is afraid to fight him.

He kills penalties but we have an abundance of pk'ers.

Quit comparing weise to sestito.

sestitio is a heavyweight. We need a heavyweight.

We don't need an undersized winger with little skill.

I'd much rather have a bigger guy like welsh or archibald on our fourth line.

We don't need an undersized winger with little skill.

I'd much rather have a bigger guy like welsh or archibald on our fourth line.

6'2" 210lbs is small? I don't think so. That's above average in the NHL.

Archibald is only an inch taller and 2 lbs heavier. Hardly a huge difference.

I'll take Weise and Archibald over Sestito any day. The coach has already shown he doesn't trust Sestito to play regular minutes. Weise and Archibald can actually play regular minutes and have a bit of skill. Both can drop the mitts and fight to a draw just like Sestito can.

how does a marginal player become underrated, that baffles me, i guess gretzky was an underrated fighter ( never thought i'd go there )

Gretzky wasn't underrated in any aspect of his play at any time in the history of time.

Come on seriously????? Ok ill go as far as to say Weise has a great set of tools he's fast, he's strong, he can battle on the boards, he can make plays, and he is young enough that there is time for him to put it all together.

But that's as far as I will go.

At present our 4th line is not good enough. IMO neither Weise or Sestito are good enough that they couldn't be upgraded upon in the waiver wire. Which might explain why they were found there in the first place.

6'2" 210lbs is small? I don't think so. That's above average in the NHL.

Archibald is only an inch taller and 2 lbs heavier. Hardly a huge difference.

I'll take Weise and Archibald over Sestito any day. The coach has already shown he doesn't trust Sestito to play regular minutes. Weise and Archibald can actually play regular minutes and have a bit of skill. Both can drop the mitts and fight to a draw just like Sestito can.

There's no way that weise is that big. Just look at him next to some other players when he gets out there next.

As I stated in my previous post, you can't compare sestito to weise or archibald.

Sestito is a legit heavyweight while the others are middlewts.

We need a heavyweight.

If you don't think we need a heavywt then that's a different argument.

Weise for captain and to replace the Sedins in the lineup. He can carry the whole team. All of our wins are directly because of him. He can replace Luongo too since he can be a forward and a goalie at the same time. Sestito is pretty close to his skill so our new first line should be Sestito - Weise - Alberts.

See now CDCers are starting to make some sense!

Archived