The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Good job Gillis with Santorelli and Richardson.

Sixteen W's

I know it's early, but these guys have been impressive. Gillis might not have done well with the high cap hits (Booth, Ballard), but it's impressive what he's been able to do with less (Higgins, Lapierre).

Santorelli and Richardson are tied to lead team scoring with 4 goals and combined 3 GWG with 2 by Santorelli to lead the team.

This is all for a cap hit of under 2M (550K for Santorelli). I haven't been able to catch games much, but some of the highlights definitely look promising.

Gillis has done this a handful of times now.

Acquiring damn fine players for nothing.

Ehrhoff, Santorelli, Richardson, Higgins, Lappi, Stanton, Weise.

People don't give MG the credit he deserves.

- and before you bring up the Ballard/Booth trades, we moved 2 aging/injured players and a(at the time) heartless prospect in Grabner who admitted to floating on skill until he was waived by FLA.

Thank you mike gillis for the fail Hodgson trade, fail Schneider trade, mind boggling sundin signing for half of a season, letting go of Volpatti, LUONGOS terrible contract, last but not least no 3rd or 4th line. THANK YOU :)

I'm sorry, would you prefer we didn't have any powerforward prospects at all?

Sundin had a huge impact on the Sedins and Kesler.

The Schneider for Horvat trade can only really be judged in a few years, the plus side; we don't have to see him on a regular basis in the Western Conference.

Yes, its Mike Gillis' fault that Manny Malhotra took a puck to the eye.

Volpatti was waived, we lost a 4th liner, oh no, there aren't anymore players like Volpatti in the NHL, or the AHL, or the KHL

Oo yeah and thanks for letting go of Erhoff and Torres as well when you could have easily signed one of the two.

Ehrhoff was greedy.

Gillis is obviously trying to stay away from dirty players in the league, if they've been suspended - he's inevitably let them go. Edler is an exception because he's one of our top D.

Next pile of BS?

Thank you mike gillis for the fail Hodgson trade, fail Schneider trade, mind boggling sundin signing for half of a season, letting go of Volpatti, LUONGOS terrible contract, last but not least no 3rd or 4th line. THANK YOU :)

The Sundin signing was actually pretty good (although if he had taken 2 yrs/ $20 million then not so much) and Volpatti? Does anyone really care that much about letting him go?

Hodgson trade is still too early.

I agree with you about Luongo and Schneider.

I'm sorry, would you prefer we didn't have any powerforward prospects at all?

Sundin had a huge impact on the Sedins and Kesler.

The Schneider for Horvat trade can only really be judged in a few years, the plus side; we don't have to see him on a regular basis in the Western Conference.

Yes, its Mike Gillis' fault that Manny Malhotra took a puck to the eye.

Volpatti was waived, we lost a 4th liner, oh no, there aren't anymore players like Volpatti in the NHL, or the AHL, or the KHL

Ehrhoff was greedy.

Gillis is obviously trying to stay away from dirty players in the league, if they've been suspended - he's inevitably let them go. Edler is an exception because he's one of our top D.

Next pile of BS?

Your kidding right? 8 million for Sundin to skate around on the ice for a half of a season. I'm sure he impacted the SEDINS hard and made them what they are today lol. We could have traded away Schneider much earlier and could have brought back a much better return. Kassians still a project while Hodgson is playing 1st line minutes down in Buffalo even though they're not doing well. What about Luongos contract ? Do you have an answer for that as well lol oo yeah BOTH PARTIES WERE INVOLVED BLAH BLAH BLAH. If you haven't noticed we are currently icing an Ahl team with the exceptions of a few key players, sure Santorelli and Richardson have been awesome pick ups but there 3rd liners on a very good team. Gillis has sat on his butt for the past 3 years and not brought in any consistent 1st or second liner to either play with Kessler or Sedins.

Archived