The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So, did Frans Nielsen's headshot on Kesler even get a look?

Xanlet

I think you're confusing the issue slightly. Should it be a suspendable offense? maybe not. Should they have suspended him based on the reading of the rule and the president they have set so far this season? Yes

Based on the reading of the rules no they shouldn't have actually. You've presented an interesting argument but I don't know that you've presented anything that could change anybodies mind. The rules are against you on this one and there is no real precedent. I know you've tried to make a comparison with the Hertl hit but they aren't really comparable. Definite contact to the head vs a lot of doubt from multiple angles.

Lol i was just waiting for some kind of "sarcasm sign" on that article. Judging by your sig, it seems like you're as butthurt as any other fan on this board. All you want is to go against the grain. You can argue all you want if that's a hit to the head or not, but there's no way that he dove. He has all his weight on his right skate, with his left skate in the air when he get hit. He certainly doesn't need much of a hit to lose his balance, obviously.

does anyone actually have the clip? I briefly searched youtube, to no avail. Regardless of whether you think Kesler could have stayed on his feet, isn't it still a blindside hit where the principle point of contact is the head?

no, it wasn't

the hit was fine, kesler was off balance and fell awkwardly. the lip of the boards is what rocks his head back as he is falling, not the initial hit.

It's called consistency, and the league lacks it. Funny seeing the typical posters on here trying to be all "unbiased" so they can fit in with the fans of other teams. If this wasn't suspendable, then neither was Edler's. But, of course, we even have some haters in our fanbase that calls us "whiners" because they can't handle the truth. No, they only care about what other idiots say. And give me a break, but that was NOT a dive by Kesler at all.

It's called consistency, and the league lacks it. Funny seeing the typical posters on here trying to be all "unbiased" so they can fit in with the fans of other teams. If this wasn't suspendable, then neither was Edler's. But, of course, we even have some haters in our fanbase that calls us "whiners" because they can't handle the truth. No, they only care about what other idiots say. And give me a break, but that was NOT a dive by Kesler at all.

So anybody who disagree's with you is just trying to fit in with fans of other teams?

Seems legit. Look if you or anybody else isn't secure enough in your opinions just shut up about them. Don't go after people who disagree with you and try to paint them all with the same brush. It's called having a discussion and there's too much of this stuff on both sides of this one.

Also wtf is wrong with being unbiased? Would that be you admitting that your opinion is bias?

Lol i was just waiting for some kind of "sarcasm sign" on that article. Judging by your sig, it seems like you're as butthurt as any other fan on this board. All you want is to go against the grain. You can argue all you want if that's a hit to the head or not, but there's no way that he dove. He has all his weight on his right skate, with his left skate in the air when he get hit. He certainly doesn't need much of a hit to lose his balance, obviously.

I've never claimed that he dove. I just posted a link to an article on the hit, I didn't write it. Kesler "may" have embellished to get a call but that's rather inconclusive in the video angles. I'm not entirely sold there was actually an elbow on the play. It definitely comes up but I'm not so sure it made it above Keslers chest. But there's really no need to get your panties in a knot over it as none of that matters. It's really about whether or not there should have been a suspension and I don't think there should have been.

So anybody who disagree's with you is just trying to fit in with fans of other teams?

Seems legit. Look if you or anybody else isn't secure enough in your opinions just shut up about them. Don't go after people who disagree with you and try to paint them all with the same brush. It's called having a discussion and there's too much of this stuff on both sides of this one.

Also wtf is wrong with being unbiased? Would that be you admitting that your opinion is bias?

Ttypical response from someone who doesn't get it. This is more than just a simple disagreement.

What's wrong with being unbiased? Nothing, except that the crap other people spew to fit in with others is far from unbiased.

If it were Kesler on Nielssen I doubt it gets 'missed' - might find a way to spin it into a suspension.

However, I think it was Nielsen hitting Kesler principally on the right shoulder / back of the arm, albeit slightly from behind, spinning Kesler's head into the boards. No embellishment on Kesler's part - people trying to claim that are selling slanted crap.

Hit from behind? Definitely a minor imo, and a dangerous hit, but I don't think it's suspendable or principle point of contact (being the head).

xgjf4nl.gif

Edit: from the forward angle it looked like Nielsen might have caught his head, (43 second mark) but I think that other angle is misleading.

I think from this angle it's pretty clearly Nielsen's trunk into Kesler's right arm/shoulder. He does take his left hand off the stick and considers the chickenwing, but that is borderline at best and doesn't appear to be the brunt of the hit.

Thanks for this, been looking for it. Missed the game.

Looks the same as Edler's hit on Hertl, or at least very similar. Shouldn't be suspension, but obviously Edler's was.

Not suspendable but also was not a dive.

I don't like diving but to claim that Kesler is not tough is asinine.

Meh, pretty sure Kesler would one punch you easily.

while i find both of your statements highly debatable (see kesler turtling and getting ragdolled by jackman last night?), the post of mine you're responding to made no commentary on kesler's toughness whatsoever, so i don't know why you would respond as such.

that said, kesler isn't tough, and he certainly wouldn't one punch me (i'm a very large man that can take a punch). kesler tries to make himself look tough by embellishing knocks and injuries, making them look worse than they are in order to look like the tough guy by playing through it.

Ttypical response from someone who doesn't get it. This is more than just a simple disagreement.

What's wrong with being unbiased? Nothing, except that the crap other people spew to fit in with others is far from unbiased.

So you go on to say that anybody who disagrees with you is unbiased as though it's a negative and then say there's nothing wrong with it. Then you go on to say it's not unbiased.

Typical response from somebody who's not secure enough to actually back up their opinion. Can't say I'm surprised that in your sig you have "embrace the hate". I guess I get it, anybody who disagrees with you is wrong and that's pretty much as far as you're capable of taking your argument. Got it. While I don't buy into it I could/can at least listen to what Xanlet has to say and follow along with him to try to educate myself and make up my own mind.

while i find both of your statements highly debatable (see kesler turtling and getting ragdolled by jackman last night?), the post of mine you're responding to made no commentary on kesler's toughness whatsoever, so i don't know why you would respond as such.

that said, kesler isn't tough, and he certainly wouldn't one punch me (i'm a very large man that can take a punch). kesler tries to make himself look tough by embellishing knocks and injuries, making them look worse than they are in order to look like the tough guy by playing through it.

Kesler would one punch you. Whether you can take a punch or not he's a guy in the gym every day. Hell Hansen would probably one punch you. Don't feel bad about that. I'm 6'5" and they'd one punch me too.

Bringing up the jackman thing last night though just makes you look foolish. But I will agree I'm not sure how the topic of getting one punched came up in the first place.:D

So you go on to say that anybody who disagrees with you is unbiased as though it's a negative and then say there's nothing wrong with it. Then you go on to say it's not unbiased.

Typical response from somebody who's not secure enough to actually back up their opinion. Can't say I'm surprised that in your sig you have "embrace the hate". I guess I get it, anybody who disagrees with you is wrong and that's pretty much as far as you're capable of taking your argument. Got it. While I don't buy into it I could/can at least listen to what Xanlet has to say and follow along with him to try to educate myself and make up my own mind.

Guess you missed the quotes around unbiased in my original post. Not secure? Good job in describing yourself there, buddy. It's the same crap with users like you. Funny how I'm supposed to back what I said up, considering nothing you actually said has been backed up. Typical response from someone unable to handle the cold, hard truth.

Nice try, though.

Just to clarify, I am in no way a Kesler hater at all. I think he is great to have on this team and wouldn`t want to ever trade him (unless we got back something ridiculous haha), I just don`t think that was a suspandable hit, and I think it is different than other hits that have received suspensions. Just my opinion. Also my opinion that Kesler did not dive, but made sure the ref noticed the hit. But I think its pretty obvious the hit would have knocked him over regardless.

Archived