Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

So, did Frans Nielsen's headshot on Kesler even get a look?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 Batmania

Batmania

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Whatever helps you sleep at night, kid.

I sleep fine.
Posted Image

#122 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

This board is being trolled to maintain and encourage the diver status, Torts says no to that stuff and I think the team is definitally following his lead.

#123 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,504 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Penalty but not a suspendable play. For the record I don't believe the Elder hit was suspendable either.

Why are we still talking about this?

Because the overall issue is a polarizing one filled with emotion around one of people's favourite sports involving one of their favourite teams.

A number of people have been arguing about bias and with emotion rather than looking at each situation and seeing if they're suspendable or not based on their own merits. There's no question about the NHL's lack of consistency, but people want to take that and apply it to every possible situation that affects them and cry foul regardless of if it's a good decision or not.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#124 Batmania

Batmania

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Because the overall issue is a polarizing one filled with emotion around one of people's favourite sports involving one of their favourite teams.

A number of people have been arguing about bias and with emotion rather than looking at each situation and seeing if they're suspendable or not based on their own merits. There's no question about the NHL's lack of consistency, but people want to take that and apply it to every possible situation that affects them and cry foul regardless of if it's a good decision or not.

Throw enough ****at the wall until it finally sticks.
Posted Image

#125 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

I love the MSG tv crew, it didn't look like much of a hit. If it was Kesler that hit Nielsen, they would be screaming bloody murder. :shock:

#126 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,504 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Throw enough ****at the wall until it finally sticks.

Cooked pasta? B)

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#127 Batmania

Batmania

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

Cooked pasta? B)

yes :ph34r:
Posted Image

#128 Xanlet

Xanlet

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Penalty but not a suspendable play. For the record I don't believe the Elder hit was suspendable either.

Why are we still talking about this?

Because the people who make these calls still work at the NHL. Remember when Daniel Sedin's "kicked in" goal was disallowed in the playoffs against the Kings in 2010? Mike Murphy STILL works at the NHL, he's STILL a major part of the decision making TO THIS DAY. My question is, why do people stop talking about these unforgivable transgressions, especially when they directly contradict the rule book AND the addendum DVD they had just sent out that very season, like the decision on Sedin's goal was.

"It was not a distinct kicking motion" - Mike Murphy
NHL Rule 49 excerpt: A puck that deflects into the net off an attacking player's skate who does not use a distinct kicking motion is a legitimate goal. Source

73be03d1-011e-4715-af39-a0ef23867b0e.jpg

#129 Psycho_Path

Psycho_Path

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Even more amazing is how half of the turkeys in this thread turn into forensic investigators when trying to justify a suspension.

Wish the NHL would spend at least 1/4 the time the people in this thread/the Edler suspension thread did.

Edited by Psycho_Path, 28 October 2013 - 01:46 PM.

Posted Image

#130 Psycho_Path

Psycho_Path

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Except when you actually read what people write, such as canuck73_3 on the previous page:

To me that was an elbowing penalty but not suspension worthy. But the Hertl hit was not suspension worthy to me either so in fairness I'd like to have seen Nielsen get 3 for a non suspension worthy hit.

People aren't saying this should be suspendable because Nielsen deserves it, but because the league set a precedent with the Edler suspension. This contact is worse than what Edler did as Edler didn't even hit Hertl (Hertl ran into Edler).
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.