The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So, did Frans Nielsen's headshot on Kesler even get a look?

Xanlet

I haven't seen any mention of Nielsen's hit anywhere, has everyone just forgotten about it? It definitely looked like the head was the principle point of contact while Nielsen was coming from Kesler's blindside. Did I just miss something or did the league miss something?

"Kesler dove" seems to be a common interpretation.

does anyone actually have the clip? I briefly searched youtube, to no avail. Regardless of whether you think Kesler could have stayed on his feet, isn't it still a blindside hit where the principle point of contact is the head?

If it were Kesler on Nielssen I doubt it gets 'missed' - might find a way to spin it into a suspension.

However, I think it was Nielsen hitting Kesler principally on the right shoulder / back of the arm, albeit slightly from behind, spinning Kesler's head into the boards. No embellishment on Kesler's part - people trying to claim that are selling slanted crap.

Hit from behind? Definitely a minor imo, and a dangerous hit, but I don't think it's suspendable or principle point of contact (being the head).

xgjf4nl.gif

Edit: from the forward angle it looked like Nielsen might have caught his head, (43 second mark) but I think that other angle is misleading.

I think from this angle it's pretty clearly Nielsen's trunk into Kesler's right arm/shoulder. He does take his left hand off the stick and considers the chickenwing, but that is borderline at best and doesn't appear to be the brunt of the hit.

If it were Kesler on Nielssen I doubt it gets 'missed' - might find a way to spin it into a suspension.

However, I think it was Nielsen hitting Kesler principally on the right shoulder / back of the arm, albeit slightly from behind, spinning Kesler's head into the boards. No embellishment on Kesler's part - people trying to claim that are selling slanted crap.

Hit from behind? Definitely a minor imo, and a dangerous hit, but I don't think it's suspendable or principle point of contact (being the head).

xgjf4nl.gif

Edit: from the forward angle it looked like Nielsen caught his head, but that other angle is misleading.

I think from this angle it's pretty clearly Nielsen's trunk into Kesler's right arm/shoulder.

Hmm, I wouldn't mind seeing it from a different angle, but it still looks to me like he misses Kesler's shoulder and just gets his head

Any borderline/illegal hits against us go to the shredder... And possibly into consideration for year end rewards.

But no, that hit wasn't really worth a look. Then again there's been suspensions this year already on hits I thought were more fault of the guy getting hit doing something stupid like ducking and reaching for the puck instead.

Archived