The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proud of our team!

kill_the_avs2

Positives

The Sedins are playing good, even split.

Kesler is passing, playing wing, and scoring.

Young free agent signings are producing

Luongo and Lack are both playing very well.

The defense looks solid, a few bad plays but a +10 KB3 and a Garrison with 9 points are carrying the slip ups.

Torts line juggling actually seems to be effective and have some sort of thought behind it.

Kassian has been sparking since the Buffalo game.

Depth has actually turned out to be half decent

The Negatives

Booth

Injuries

Playing a 3 line team

David Booth

Over playing our stars/Non-sustainable form of hockey.

Number 7 on the Vancouver Canucks.

Hamhuis has been a bit shakey but has looked better in the last couple games.

Did I mention how much David Booth is disappointing me.

I was calling for him to have a career year and at the beginning of the season it looked that way, and now he's hurt again after being benched... WAKE UP BOOTH! YOUR CAREER IS ABOUT TO BE OVER!

stop twisting my words imbecil - and while you're at it 'son'

grow up...you're wrong

1. MG's trades have been atrocious AGAIN I AM REPEATING MYSELF THAT WAS MY POINT

2. He has been good at moneyball signings but that never addressed the major issues on this team.

3. He has traded away 4 first rounders for not equivalent value back, nor has he filled the major holes from trading those young players. (schnieder, hodgson, graber, first in the ballard deal).

4. Patient? he's been here 7 years and made the team worse in terms of depth and skill.

5. Acqua mans call was torts and we all know it, argue away, i'll take what most of the media/sources know over you.

6. Yes the scouts have big hand in signings, they are the guys who watch these guys play and make the suggestions to MG, he is not watching those players constantly. But he did sign them and I did give him credit for that.

so please go on like the simpleton you are being. end of discussion i am well aware of what my points are, as is anyone with a grade 4 level of reading comprehension.

if it makes you feel good to say, 'you said this you said that' even though what you are suggesting isn't what i said, so be it, you can go tell your wife you're a smart smart man because you told some guy he was wrong on a canucks website...

atta boy champ.....end of discussion

Didn't need to call the guy an imbecil. That is very rude and you need to think about what you just said because it can hurt an individuals feelings.

Didn't I hear from Shorty that this was the best ever record for a road trip. It may only be October, but the team looks impressive. I especially like the heart they showed in a mismatch against a well rested St. Louis team.

The Canucks will have problems with SJ, Aves and LA (and maybe the Ducks) but they are doing everything anyone could ask.

Didn't I hear from Shorty that this was the best ever record for a road trip. It may only be October, but the team looks impressive. I especially like the heart they showed in a mismatch against a well rested St. Louis team.

The Canucks will have problems with SJ, Aves and LA (and maybe the Ducks) but they are doing everything anyone could ask.

Best road trip of 7 games or more...

You know, it's no coincidence that the year you finally decide to retire the number of the greatest player to ever play for this team is the year they have the best start in recent memory.

The boys are playing for soviet glory and thus the Motherland smiles upon her adoptive sons and grants them her boon.

Stop...just stop... Or you'll have me singing "Soyuz nerushimy respublik svobodnykh, Splotila naveki velikaya Rus'!" :rolleyes:

Long time reader rare poster... I live downtown. Some SOBs lit my car on fire when we lost game 7 2011. And still I wait for the next chapter with this team. Point is as a season ticket holder, I haven't seen this kinda hussle and heart in a very long time. Gj Torts and this core isn't done yet... Bet on it.

Sorry about your car. I agree. This team is on a huge upswing.

these threads will probably never happen after a loss. Never. You guys wait for a win, then post threads like this, or a "new and better Luongo" that one for example, we all know, he's not a better and new.

Are you guys really confident we stand a chance against the following teams in a best of 7?

L.A

SanJose

Anahiem

Chicago

I sure as hell am not, confident that we can beat any of the above 4 teams in a best of 7. 3 years ago, I was extremely confident we can beat any team in a best of 7. How many times we did we lose by 4 goals this season? Last night was the 3rd game we lost badly to a division team It's actually quite unreal, how overconfident a lot of Canucks fans are. It's obvious we are not the strongest team in our division, let alone believing we can make it to the finals. I'm not trying to be negative. Even if we happen to win 4 straight games, I still won't have the confident of us beating any of those 4 teams.

these threads will probably never happen after a loss. Never. You guys wait for a win, then post threads like this, or a "new and better Luongo" that one for example, we all know, he's not a better and new.

Are you guys really confident we stand a chance against the following teams in a best of 7?

L.A

SanJose

Anahiem

Chicago

I sure as hell am not, confident that we can beat any of the above 4 teams in a best of 7. 3 years ago, I was extremely confident we can beat any team in a best of 7. How many times we did we lose by 4 goals this season? Last night was the 3rd game we lost badly to a division team It's actually quite unreal, how overconfident a lot of Canucks fans are. It's obvious we are not the strongest team in our division, let alone believing we can make it to the finals. I'm not trying to be negative. Even if we happen to win 4 straight games, I still won't have the confident of us beating any of those 4 teams.

I'm going to bump this thread after a one sided loss to prove you wrong. I am still proud of the Canucks even after a less than stellar effort. These types of games happen. No team can win 82 games in a season and some of the losses are bitter pills to swallow.

I can see the team learning from the loss against the Kings and building off of it. They have a different composure this season, and are a much less sensitive team. They will bounce back and draw from their strengths.

Archived