The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts breathing life onto our Canucks

Stick-in-Rink

I think we're off to a great start! Not to b negative but we haven't beaten LA, Chicago, Boston, Anaheim or the dreaded San Jose or any other for sure playoff teams, except St Louis. We had a great road trip, but most of the teams we beat, if not all of them, wont make the playoffs. We will make the playoffs, but will need another top scorer or two to make it far, or win the cup. It's the plain truth!

this team doesn't really need another top scorer. we can't really afford one without giving up something big. this team still does have the tools to go far, and this team will beat surefire playoff teams, but right now, it's more about bonding and getting used to the changes and knowing that they're running with lu as the #1 guy and torts is the boss and they know what the boss wants from them

i can see, later in the year where the big storyline is, that this team has to beat the sharks. they beat us like 9 times in a row? and the story going in was we got swept in the playoffs by them. that's where the money is, sharks vs. canucks

I don't think we should give up on Booth just yet, he's coming back in a week or so.

I'd give him one more season.

Been here a while now i think the canucks gave up on him last year. Guy's a bum can't stay healthy. People been saying give him time for a long time. He's a bust let's move on when he's bought out in the off season.

On David Booth: It is not easy to trade a guy who has had one 82 game season in the NHL and costs over 4m in the cap era. My prediction is that unless he is totally healthy from mid November to the trade deadline and puts up decent numbers, he will be a canuck for this and next year until his contract runs out. And even if he is healthy and puts up decent enough numbers to make him trade bait: then why not keep him? hahaha...we are stuck with him whichever way it goes.

Nope, not really. It's not an opinion that the team's 14 games into an 82 game season. If their record was the opposite of what it is now and this was a doomsday, sky-is-falling topic I would be pointing out the exact same thing. Keep that in mind. Lots can happen in the next 68 games, temper the expectations.

That is negative.

OP is saying the Canucks look good out there. For the first time in a long time they are coming out there hard to start off the season.

Then you come in and say that it's not even a quarter in, as if none of this has any meaning yet. That's being negative.

We are playing well and I'm happy to see that. Makes following the team a whole lot more fun.

But let's be honest here; our goal differential is almost even, so while the team has been finding ways to win (which is awesome), the games tend to be very close and could really go either way.

Just keeping it in perspective...

To me its not even about the wins so much as its about how the teams attitude and work ethic has changed for the better. We could be losing games and I'd say the same thing which is the real positive change.. The team seem to have new found confidence, their passes are crisp and with purpose, and on their longest road trip of the season they found a way to group together and tough it out, like a team.

Its been mentioned by others on here, but it merits mentioning again.. I am SO happy we are not playing AV hockey anymore. Win or lose I'm glad its over and we've moved on.. From AV, from all the goaltender BS.. I feel like this team can focus on its soul purpose, playing hockey and hopefully proving all the haters and bandwagoners wrong.

To me its not even about the wins so much as its about how the teams attitude and work ethic has changed for the better. We could be losing games and I'd say the same thing which is the real positive change.. The team seem to have new found confidence, their passes are crisp and with purpose, and on their longest road trip of the season they found a way to group together and tough it out, like a team.

Its been mentioned by others on here, but it merits mentioning again.. I am SO happy we are not playing AV hockey anymore. Win or lose I'm glad its over and we've moved on.. From AV, from all the goaltender BS.. I feel like this team can focus on its soul purpose, playing hockey and hopefully proving all the haters and bandwagoners wrong.

Actually a deafening silence regarding the goaltender BS... Agree totally. Finally playing the games with a bit of purpose and heart. Love it

not even a quarter in and we're seeing a start that hasn't been seen in years, the team showing a lot of grit and toughness to grind all of these road games out and staying competitive against the best

There seems to be a lot less "this is it?", "just a new coach?" and "where's the reset?" comments in CT lately... :bigblush:

On David Booth: It is not easy to trade a guy who has had one 82 game season in the NHL and costs over 4m in the cap era. My prediction is that unless he is totally healthy from mid November to the trade deadline and puts up decent numbers, he will be a canuck for this and next year until his contract runs out. And even if he is healthy and puts up decent enough numbers to make him trade bait: then why not keep him? hahaha...we are stuck with him whichever way it goes.

Personally I think he either lives up to expectations at some point this year or he gets bought out in the summer. It's either or. He basically has no trade value right now so all the Canucks can do is hope he plays to his capabilities at some point this year. If he doesn't, he gets bought out and that money gets spent elsewhere in the off season IMO.

WIth that said love the coaching change. Just look at the Rangers right now... AV playing Pyatt in the first line etc... AV was trash. We should have gotten rid of him 2 years ago.

Have you looked at the players who are injured there? Nash,Callahan,Hagelin...AV doesn't have much to work with.

Have you looked at the players who are injured there? Nash,Callahan,Hagelin...AV doesn't have much to work with.

I bet Vigneault wouldn't use that excuse. Excuses are for losers. They have Brad Richards and Derek Stepan. I would stop well short of calling AV trash, he is a good coach, but don't make excuses for him, aint' no one got time for dat.

It's clear this team needs another forward for scoring + that puck moving defencemen that's great on the PP.

Salo and Erhoff made the 2011 team so deadly. This team is not close to be the 2010-2011 team.

I wouldn't trade Garrison for 2 Salo's. Perhaps we're not th same team as 2010-11 but Errorhoff was no one's savior, he was simply a pawn for the Sedins. Salo ans Erhoff have been replaced with similar pieces in Edler and Garrison. Edler gets the points and Garrison takes the bomb shots from the point.

we need to get powerplay going soon then watch out hamhuis shouldnt be on second unit

our first pp unit should be

sedin sedin kesler

edler tanev

second unit

burrows santorelli kassian

garrison bieska

AV, is that you? No. Garrison on the 1st PP with the Sedins so they don't have to pick their teeth out of the glass! We want them to have room to skate and pass the puck around!

Archived