The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] TO @ VAN | 4:00 PM | CBC | Pavel Bure Jersey Retirement |

Blueberries

Pavel Bure  

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't remember what it was like in Vancouver when Pavel Bure played his first NHL game? Re-live the moments through those that experienced it in this full length CanucksTV feature.

Thanks Vintage. That is my fondest memory of Bure, his first rush up the ice in his first game. It seemed surreal how quick he was with the puck, so much quicker than everyone else, it really was electrifying.

Always tough to start playing after one of these ceremonies, but I hope the Canucks prevail.

Beastmodo puts on a show for Bure and the PP starts to click: 5 - 2 Vancouver.

Burrows scores one on a Pavel like breakaway.

You are a huge hypocrit. You are a huge luongo supporter (as am i) but ur fanaticism is a bit odd... But you are just as bad as the Lu bashers, if not worse, when it comes to Gillis.

Sure not everything he has done has been perfect or worked out, but he clearly knows how to build a team, we have been very successful all things considered.

If we fired him he would get scooped up instantly by another team.

Woahhhh take it easy I made a joke ...

Gillis sucks though. He's a terrible classless GM. His only success is still ffrom his inheritance of the leagues two best players in the last five years.

Yes I think Hank and dank have been just as valuable to us as ovy malkin and Cindy have been

God I hope the pre game stuff will be aired here in Finland too. I'm afraid the broadcast will begin only minutes before the face-off as usual... Will it be aired live somewhere on the net to be seen outside of Canada?

A huge thank you to Pavel Bure for all the memories and the inspiration he gave me back in the day.

And the game itself will be a real treat, as we get to face the Leafs ever so rarely....

Go Canucks Go!

Yes, the voices in my head are already arguing and one is already advancing with a smashed bottle.

Anyhow, will this game be brought to us by our local Ford dealers?

Hahaha...... hope you survive the game!

Yay Bure!!

Canucks have to be ready for this Leaf team, they're on a roll.

GO CANUCKS :towel:

I'm sure this has been mentioned once or twice, but not by me.

I am so pissed that this is a 4PM start. The Leafs leave their time-zone to play a hell of a lot less than we do, and we don't get special treatment, not that I would want it. It's a special night for Vancouver fans and dammit, we should have all the consideration. Bure wasn't a Leaf. Compounding this, is the sad sad fact that I will be in class from 8am to 5pm and will not get to watch any of the proceedings live. So, in conclusion, to all the idiots who had a hand in this obvious slight on ME, screw you.

...yeah, yeah, blah, blah, biggest market blah.

Wow, that is absolute bull... Other teams come out here and have to start at 7:30, why do the precious Leafs get all the exemptions...

I'm with ya, why the hell should the Canucks cater to the east? such ridiculousness. it will affect the players pregame routines. For the Leafs, that puts them on even footing in a situation where they should be at a disadvantage. Freaking NHL - CBC needs to go, where is CTV/TSN already purchasing the rights to Hockey Night in Canada?

Canucks PP has dropped to 29th in the NHL, 4/43 (9.3%) and is now 1/21 (4.8%) on home ice this season.

Do you really think its going to stay there? They have had all kinds of pressure and chances, they simply aren't making it in yet, when they start to, those numbers will change drastically.

Archived