Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[GDT] TO @ VAN | 4:00 PM | CBC | Pavel Bure Jersey Retirement |

• Please log in to reply
1308 replies to this topic

Poll: Pavel Bure (117 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Pavel Bure the greatest Canuck of all time?And is he your favourite Canuck of all time?

1. Yes and Yes! (96 votes [63.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.58%

2. Yes and Yes! (55 votes [36.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,356 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

Raw: Ovechkin on Bure Retirement 11.01.13
Alex Ovechkin sends a message to Pavel Bure to congratulate him on his jersey retirement.

http://video.canucks...=473768&catid=6

307mg00.jpg

#122 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

You would choose being loyal to your work rather than honouring the player that made you? If Bure was never on the Canucks, Linden's number never would have been retired. Bure was the only reason the Canucks got to the 94 finals

It's not just being loyal to work...it's about responsibility. I'm sure Linden would have rescheduled the business trip if he could have. Why are you so worked up about this?

And also, all the players in the 94 run played a HUGE role. If you just want to look at Linden and Bure:
-Both were PPG players (Linden with 25 points in 24 games and Bure with 31 points in 24 games)
-They played different roles on the team...Bure was the go-to sniper on the team while Linden was the captain and leader for the Canucks
-Don't forget that Linden was injured (broken ribs) and still managed to score 2 goals in game 7 against the Rangers

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#123 Herberts Vasiljevs

Herberts Vasiljevs

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

POPULAR

Khalil you're a punk.

oif7li.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuckfor the awesome sig!

#124 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Khalil you're a punk.

+1
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#125 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,356 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Raw: Linden on Bure Retirement 11.01.13
Trevor Linden describes what was so great about Pavel Bure.

http://video.canucks...=473749&catid=6

307mg00.jpg

#126 Herberts Vasiljevs

Herberts Vasiljevs

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

I became a diehard fan during the WCE era so I never had the pleasure of watching Bure <_< I've heard lots of stories though, especially from my Dad. Hopefully Sestito can score that NHL 04 type goal that Linden was talking about against Jersey.

Can't wait for the game!!!! If we can pull off a similar winning % to the one on our last roadtrip in these next 6 games, I have full confidence in this team being able to do some damage. Beating or at least putting up a good fight against the Kings and Sharks would be a bonus!

oif7li.jpg

#127 TheRocket18

TheRocket18

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Gonna be there, last chance to give him a cheer...

#128 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,974 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

Khalil you're a punk.

Says the Sedins should've gotten only $5 million, calls Linden overrated (lol), I'm thinking troll?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#129 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,401 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

You would choose being loyal to your work rather than honouring the player that made you? If Bure was never on the Canucks, Linden's number never would have been retired. Bure was the only reason the Canucks got to the 94 finals

"That made you"? You obviously weren't around/a fan back then. Trevor made his own way, through hard work and commitment. Sure, the team's success had a lot to do with having Pavel in the line up but don't kid yourself. Trevor Linden's personal success came through his dedication ... he was an iron man for a reason. Just look at the picture of he and Kirk and the fact that guys heard him scream in pain in the training room yet go back out there and play. "He will play"...Jim Robson had it right.

Pavel was NOT the only reason...a big part of, yes. But that team had everything clicking and everyone on board at the same/right time.

And Trevor Linden was having his number retired on his own. Through what he did, both on and off ice, for a very long time. Team Captain, he sucked it up and played with broken ribs when it counted.

My guess is you were born in '95.

Posted Image

#130 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

"That made you"? You obviously weren't around/a fan back then. Trevor made his own way, through hard work and commitment. Sure, the team's success had a lot to do with having Pavel in the line up but don't kid yourself. Trevor Linden's personal success came through his dedication ... he was an iron man for a reason. Just look at the picture of he and Kirk and the fact that guys heard him scream in pain in the training room yet go back out there and play "he will play". He was NOT the only reason...that team had everything clicking and everyone on board at the same/right time. My guess is you were born in '95.

well said Deb. Thanks for this.

Don't know how anyone can question the loyalty that Trevor showed for this team and this city. Upsets me that people would have that opinion.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#131 khalil t 83

khalil t 83

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

"That made you"? You obviously weren't around/a fan back then. Trevor made his own way, through hard work and commitment. Sure, the team's success had a lot to do with having Pavel in the line up but don't kid yourself. Trevor Linden's personal success came through his dedication ... he was an iron man for a reason. Just look at the picture of he and Kirk and the fact that guys heard him scream in pain in the training room yet go back out there and play. "He will play"...Jim Robson had it right.

Pavel was NOT the only reason...a big part of, yes. But that team had everything clicking and everyone on board at the same/right time.

And Trevor Linden was having his number retired on his own. Through what he did, both on and off ice, for a very long time. Team Captain, he sucked it up and played with broken ribs when it counted.

83 actually. i've followed Linden's whole career. Linden would be no more than a 3rd line/2nd line tweener player without Bure. did he put his heart into the team? of course. would he be good enough without the 94 success and career years with Bure? doubt it

Edited by khalil t 83, 01 November 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#132 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

Big night for Pavel Bure....I was at his first game as a Canuck against the Jets..Incredible..!!....Our first superstar..Anyway,big game tomorrow night against the Leafs.I dont think they've beaten us in years...nothing gives me more pleasure....It will be a very tough game,they have drastically improved (I'd say Randy Carlyle has a lot to do with that..and Im sure he has a winning coaching record against the Canucks).

#133 Bure fan

Bure fan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

Step 1 - Fire MG
Step 2 - Hire Bure
Step 3 - Sign Zheredev
Step 4 - Trade for Yakupov
Step 5...
Step 6 - Profit (win cup)

What the?

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#134 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

83 actually. i've followed Linden's whole career. Linden would be no more than a 3rd line/2nd line tweener player without Bure. did he put his heart into the team? of course. would he be good enough without the 94 success and career years with Bure? doubt it

so your saying his worth to this franchise and city is only based on his statistics?

also 6 30 goal seasons is not a 3rd line or second line tweener but nice try.

Pavel may be my all time favourite player but Linden was leading this team with his play on the ice way before Bure even stepped on the scene.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#135 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,356 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

6-1 Canucks!

Kesler (3)
D.Sedin
Edler
Garrison

Just like 6 years ago!

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-, 01 November 2013 - 08:04 PM.

307mg00.jpg

#136 Herberts Vasiljevs

Herberts Vasiljevs

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

I was. ;) GUILTY.

oif7li.jpg

#137 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

There's no one like Pavel, never has been and never will be. For my money he was more exciting than Ovechkin.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#138 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Getting very excited about tomorrow's game! The Leafs won't be the cakewalk that they used to be, but regardless of the outcome, it'll be incredible to see Bure honoured, and to have the Sedins signed for four more years. As fans, we've been spoiled. I'd really love to see a win - no team pisses me off more than the Leafs - not because of their players, but because of everything Toronto and their elitist, centre-of-the-universe existence.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#139 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

I like Linden a lot; but agree, he should be there.

Could this have anything to do with mgt(especially Brian Burke), who also hates current ownership? Linden still buds with BB? Don't know if it was Burkey's strategy, but it's hard to forget the currency games(uhh, was that US, CAD $, or mexican pesos?), when they were haggling with the superstar.

Probably that happened after the guy moved on to Hartford-can't remember? Media WAS so different then however(Canucks ownership had their hands in it), & I recall BB using Dan Russell's show as his little bully pulpit.

Surprised how many fans complain of MG's style. Will take him before BB 100x out of 100. Love the patient, anti-bombastic, anti-knee jerk, measured, in-control, non-gossipy and RESPECTFUL style.

#140 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

Great GDT! :towel:

Go Canucks Go!

#141 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,377 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Khalil you're a punk.

You're being too kind.

I could think of many worse things to call him.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#142 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hope we win. Congrats Pavel! My favorite player ever to play the game, along with Gretzky..

#143 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,356 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

Raw: Mason Raymond 11.01.13
Mason Raymond chats with the media about playing in Vancouver for the first time since signing with Toronto.

http://video.canucks...=473723&catid=6

307mg00.jpg

#144 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 75,356 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Khalil you're a punk.

He got banned.

307mg00.jpg

#145 canuckhound73

canuckhound73

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

Its rare for me, but I'm excited for this game. Cant wait to see the Canucks wipe the floor with the Leafs.

Also, retiring the jersey of the teams best player of all time doesn't hurt. ABOUT TIME.
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16

#146 Del Rio

Del Rio

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

saw D. Booth at the keg in white rock....just chillin at the bar on the IR

BlP_NlgCEAAOuch.jpg

#147 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

Nothing wrong with that
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#148 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,377 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

Probably kicking it with Garry. He lives in White Rock.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#149 Del Rio

Del Rio

Canucks Regular

• Banned
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

Probably kicking it with Garry. He lives in White Rock.

He actually was with a guy but I didn't recognize him at all, didn't look like anyone on the team,...I had the same thought process as you lol thought it was Garrison

BlP_NlgCEAAOuch.jpg

#150 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

man I don't get off work till 5 :( gonna miss 2 periods. Gratz on Bure though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.