The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

View From the Other Side - Leafs Fans

DIBdaQUIB

The comments should be an eye opener for people around here. Change the players names and team around, and you would think it was CDC for the most part.

This is kind of what this experiment I showing me. Each game I've done this for, I've been struck by how the comments reflect what CDC says. CDC isn't as bad as many say and other fans aren't as wonderful as many here believe. Each fan base has its mix of radicals and haters but also the cooler headed more rational fans. Also, every fan base can be brutally candid with their team's play and all have certain players they target with their venom. CDC is not so different after all.

Another great job , DIB!

Looks like many despise us as much as many do them out here. No surprise there!

Like this ...

"I hate the Canucks so much. We haven't beaten them since 2004. That's two lockouts ago. We need to break this futility streak."

Interesting reaction to the best team in Canada comment. It certainly HASN'T been the Leafs.

They definitely no likey the refs!

I thought I posted this in Canuck's Talk where it has been going. It seemed to be getting lots of positive feedback. Maybe the Mods moved it here? I think it's kind of part of the Post game thread idea and should be in Nucks Talk. If they're going to stick it over here, I may just let it go.

I was actually shocked by this... I mean the Leafs have a huge fan base just like the Canucks so obviously there's going to be raging idiots, but I never would've thought for them to be worse than CDC.

Can't believe how many posts in there were about diving....obviously we're biased towards our own teams.. but why are so many of them claiming that our players purposely throw themselves into the boards to draw penalties as a new tactic for diving. They're pretty inventive to say the least.

At least the most of us can realize if we deserved to win/lose.

This is kind of what this experiment I showing me. Each game I've done this for, I've been struck by how the comments reflect what CDC says. CDC isn't as bad as many say and other fans aren't as wonderful as many here believe. Each fan base has its mix of radicals and haters but also the cooler headed more rational fans. Also, every fan base can be brutally candid with their team's play and all have certain players they target with their venom. CDC is not so different after all.

Yes, that is why I am enjoying these threads, for the most part they show the mirror reflection of the comments of our fan base. General the fans are the same everywhere, but more specifically the Toronto fans seemed a little more brutal than average. However their team was thoroughly dominated by the Canucks so they may be just a bit angrier. The referee excuse seems to be universal.

Keep up the good work DIBdaQUIB.

Absolutely priceless!

Some of the drivel they are coming away with is almost beyond belief.

Do none of them realise that they lost because we played better than they did?

Had it not been for Reimer standing on his head, we would have probably hit double figures.

See Bold^^ There were a few (maybe 3) posters that observed that they were actually out-played, that the refs weren't the reason for the loss and provided 5v5 stats to support it. They were, for the most part, shouted down and told to post elsewhere.

Certainly the most insulting and irrational comments I have observed so far. I think there is far more of a bias and competition between the east and west than we realize and it centers around Toronto. They want so bad to de-throne the Nucks that comments by Healy or Hughson about how good the Nucks are drives them to distraction.

Nucks fans should take great pleasure in how much pain and anguish their team has caused Leafs fans.

i hadn't seen a leaf jersey it seems for 15 years and now that they have finally become a hockey team they are out in droves and chirping....i like to remind them of game seven against boston, the epic meltdown in all of sports by many sport journalist estimations...

At first I was disappointed when Boston made that comeback against them last year. Now I'm glad it happened.

Terrible fanbase, has to be the worst in the league, along with a team that has many dirty players.

I will enjoy watching the Red Wings dominate them in the playoffs.

Some general observations

Well...IF anyone thinks the Nucks fans complain about the reffing in the NHL, they obviously haven't visited the Leaf's site. Almost 9 out of 10 comments blaming the entire game on the refs!!

The Leafs fans hate Healy far more than Nucks do.

A very Myopic view of the game with hardly a single comment regarding the Nucks players, at least a comment that wasn't about killing someone.

An intolerance for any fans that claim the Leafs were out-played.

Pre-Game comments

"I hate the Canucks so much. We haven't beaten them since 2004. That's two lockouts ago. We need to break this futility streak.

I need this win. I cannot take my Canucks fan brother in law rubbing salt in this wound.

Please Leafs. PLEASE. :P"

"...watch the Leafs "crush" the Nucks like dried out Ganja."

"Okay... this is a MUST win for me. Living an hour outside of Vancouver NOTHING else matters this season more than the Leafs beating the Canucks tonight.

IF they can't beat 'em on the scoreboard then I would settle for beating them in the alley. A few leaving the game bloodied and humbled would be an ok consolation prize"

"Like I said in another thread we will harpoon us one whale of a win tonight. I say Lou goes down early all night and flops like a orca as usual and Phil and Kadri snipe high and often enough to keep us a comfortable lead all night.

Game time.

Where are all the people saying that goaltending ISN'T the reason this team is winning???

"For FS why do the refs call these stupid effing weak calls. Why don't the Leafs start and move their feet in their own end, it could be 3-0 now if it was not for Reimer. We are passing it to Vancouver as much as we are to our own guys. C'mon Leafs you can do better than this"

"Time for the trainers to pass around the smelling salts"

"Goaltending is the only reason this team is winning"

"The Sedins have faces that you just want to see crunched. 2nd and 3rd rattiest faces in the NHL, right behind #1 ratboy Marchand. "

"WOAH,

Lupul went for a dirty head shot, and got our own guy, I hope he can not getting suspended for that :P"

"Saw that. Not even a PEEP by the commentators... Think I might mute CBC and turn on the radio instead. Someone even mentioned right at the start that the Sedin line has so many calls for them, and rarely a call against.

Don't give AF, I wish injury upon them."

"Not terrible. Our boys actually looked pretty good for stretches."

"Embarrassing

Canucks are going globe trotter on our a$$e$.

One of these days the goalie is going to have an off night and i won't be surprised if some team puts up a 9 spot on us. Just terrible. "

"If Torts keeps double and triple shifting the Sedins, we can maybe get them tired."

"Let's Go Raptors"

"It's not the location. We just can't beat the Canucks. Thank god they're in the West."

"Its not all the Refs fault tonight even when they are even strength the leafs are no match for the Canucks. They are simply a better team at this point.

My only negative question tonight is what exactly is Clarkson supposed to do for this team and when do you think it is going to happen?"

"I don't think Vacouver is the better team at all!. They have one line!!! And a shaky goaltender. Man if we played the Kessel line as much as the Sedin;s line? Kessel would reach 60 goals!"

"So being honest enough to admit that another team in the league is better means i'm not aloud to be a fan?

You're all juvenile if you actually believe Toronto is an elite team in this league. Puck posession teams will always dominate a team that never has the puck. It's basic common sense."

"Wait...you're blaming this on the refs?

Come on Cheeser, you're better than that."

"PJ Stock wishes he could explode into Kevin Weekes... ;)

"The game. And since I'm not a petulant child, I can see that my team is getting dominated. Sure, I haven't liked some calls, but those calls aren't what is causing this domination. "

"When was the last time the Leafs beat the Canucks? The refs have been bad for the past 10 years...it must be!!!!!!"

"Wow the leafs were totally outclassed tonight. "

"It's easy to get outshot when you play most of the game short handed!"

Response to ^^^

"Good try but they got outshot 30-13 at 5v5."

"The Leafs stopped trying because they knew the refs were against them tonight"

Response to ^^^

"whatever helps you sleep tonight"

"Strange, I simply saw us getting out worked, out played and for a change, we actually lost one we deserved to lose."

Thanks again DIBdaQUIB.

This one was epic. Priceless.

(mixed feelings - so much fail in Toronto - but do feel for the rational crowd that has waited so long and has to settle for...)

Archived