The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brad Richardson appreciation thread

It's a process

The moves that Gillis have made this summer are really falling into place, there is no saying that it will last however but I sure hope they do! Richardson has been a huge surprise for me and a very happy one at that. Glad we got him on the deal we have. Santorelli, Stanton, Welsh, and now Archibald have all impressed me so far.

When healthy:

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Higgins - Santorelli - Burrows

Hansen - Richardson - Kassian

Archibald - Welsh - Weise

Booth

Garrison - Tanev

Edler - Bieksa

Hamhuis - Stanton

Weber, Alberts

Luongo

Lack

Richardson is way better than Lappy all Lappy did was take penalties and disrespect the refs and never scored or put up any points great find GMMG richy plays with heart and never gives up keep it up richy

Man people have short memory... My favourite goal and celebration from 2011.

Exceptionally good signing by Gillis, Richardson has performed above my expectations.

Excellent 2 way center and a faster skater than I remembered, his great defensive play and F/O performance at center has helped enable Torts to move Kesler to Sedins' wing.

Can't say enough about his great PK, he along with Santorelli is one of the main reasons why our PK has been so successful. Also, he has proved to be a short handed scoring threat to boot.

The little puck hound is a tenacious fore-checker using his speed to make up for his lack of size. His style of play really fits well with the Tort's system.

Upon his signing I was uncertain as to whether he was capable of taking over the 3C position but he has proved to be very capable defensively and offensively so far.

Exceptionally good signing by Gillis, Richardson has performed above my expectations.

Excellent 2 way center and a faster skater than I remembered, his great defensive play and F/O performance at center has helped enable Torts to move Kesler to Sedins' wing.

Can't say enough about his great PK, he along with Santorelli is one of the main reasons why our PK has been so successful. Also, he has proved to be a short handed scoring threat to boot.

The little puck hound is a tenacious fore-checker using his speed to make up for his lack of size. His style of play really fits well with the Tort's system.

Upon his signing I was uncertain as to whether he was capable of taking over the 3C position but he has proved to be very capable defensively and offensively so far.

Yup. He's proved his worth not only as a 4th liner but an excellent 3rd liner. When we signed him, I was expecting a 4th liner like Lapierre but wow what a surprise shut down center this guy is for us.

Lappy scored for us and was our most physical forward. He had a ton of heart, but he was not a very smart player.

Richardson is smaller and less physical, but he makes up for it in heart and hustle. Plus he's a very smart two way player.

Both were great for us, but we need more of what Richardson brings right now.

Y'all are hating on Lappy far too much. Remember what this guy accomplished playing with Torres and Hansen in 2011? Scored at least 2 clutch goals in the CF and SCF, and was always one of our best forwards in the playoffs.

The moves that Gillis have made this summer are really falling into place, there is no saying that it will last however but I sure hope they do! Richardson has been a huge surprise for me and a very happy one at that. Glad we got him on the deal we have. Santorelli, Stanton, Welsh, and now Archibald have all impressed me so far.

When healthy:

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Higgins - Santorelli - Burrows

Hansen - Richardson - Kassian

Archibald - Welsh - Weise

Booth

Garrison - Tanev

Edler - Bieksa

Hamhuis - Stanton

Weber, Alberts

Luongo

Lack

If we are going to keep archie we should have him with kassian. They had good chemistry with each other with the wolves.

Y'all are hating on Lappy far too much. Remember what this guy accomplished playing with Torres and Hansen in 2011? Scored at least 2 clutch goals in the CF and SCF, and was always one of our best forwards in the playoffs.

We love Lappy and we were all sad to see him leave. But we also like Richardson.

He's just saying Richardson is a better player under the circumstances the canucks are in now.

Archived