The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo now 16th in NHL History for Wins

JustNazzy

I'm sorry you clearly are a hater, I've seen your posts for a while. Every comment someone makes about Lu you always have a negative to say. Funny how after last game your posts were no where to be found, because you couldn't say anything bad about Lu because he was solid and had a shutout.

And if you claim to not hate him even you should know this oct for Lu was unlike before. Stats were not as high but he kept the team in every game and gave them a chance to win all of them. And as I asked before, were you not happy after sat's win?

Just curious. Have you seen a great goaltender performance where the tender let in 4+ goals? Have you also seen an easy shutout? Lou's played well so far this year but arguably he's about the 10th best tender this year as far as sats go.

I'm sorry you clearly are a hater, I've seen your posts for a while. Every comment someone makes about Lu you always have a negative to say. Funny how after last game your posts were no where to be found, because you couldn't say anything bad about Lu because he was solid and had a shutout.

And if you claim to not hate him even you should know this oct for Lu was unlike before. Stats were not as high but he kept the team in every game and gave them a chance to win all of them. And as I asked before, were you not happy after sat's win?

I was very happy with saturday's win and Luongo's performance in it. I have no problem giving the man credit when it is due, but I wont ignore his shortcomings and behave like he's the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Also, just because I'm not a hardcore knobgobbling Lu fanatic like yourself and others, doesn't make me a hater as you claim that I am. He's simply not my favorite because I dont trust him in the playoffs anymore. Satisfied?

He has a shot at 2nd in wins in the next 4 years with his regular 35+ wins a season.

Now I pose this again, same thing I posed for Brodeur, imagine his numbers IF

There is not two lockouts

AV actually played a defensive style of play

The team didn't let in all those squeaker goals with minutes left to lose him a shutout.

By the time Luongo finishes his career he will be 2nd in all time wins, 3rd in all time shutouts and will have less or comparable losses than most others in the top 10 doing it.

But he will still only be known as the guy we should have traded instead of Schneider or ripped on for 3 playoff meltdowns because some people....

Are just that stupid

This is exactly what goes through my mind every time there is a Luo vs Cory post. Thank you for conveying that so succinctly. +1 to you

Luongo is now 16th in wins amongst all goaltenders in the history of the NHL. Luongo will be moving up some more spots this year.

It's easy to forget how much this guy has meant to this team.

luongowins1_zps7aca422c.jpg

bobbylu_zpsfbb65c0d.jpg

1_Roberto_Luongo_wallpaper_zps3a318051.jpg

If he started his career as a Canuck, he would've been top 5 in wins for sure. The garbage panthers team made his wins more difficult to get and increased his total losses.

I was very happy with saturday's win and Luongo's performance in it. I have no problem giving the man credit when it is due, but I wont ignore his shortcomings and behave like he's the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Also, just because I'm not a hardcore knobgobbling Lu fanatic like yourself and others, doesn't make me a hater as you claim that I am. He's simply not my favorite because I dont trust him in the playoffs anymore. Satisfied?

With just a yes or no, you believe we didn't win the cup all because of Lu's shortcomings?

We played , for the most part, bottom level teams, wait til the end of November and after we've played teams like Anaheim and San Jose to measure his improvements and the teams.

Lol. You're just picking stats to try make Lu look like he hasn't been as good as he has. Quite sad really. He played solid against Toronto and Montreal (again that goal wasn't his fault and he still gave us a chance to win after that). He tied his best record for October in his career and you're still ripping him. Save us some time and leave like you said you were going to.

Really? Like Cloutier? Where is he now?

Cloutier did put up 3 straight 30 win seasons and had a winning percentage of 52.4% (luo in van is a 56.4%) when he played for us, for a goalie that cost us relatively nothing (2.5 mil a season almost a 3rd the cost of Luongo's salary) he did fairly well. Yes he had some blimps in playoffs but we all know another goalie that has as well. He usually is the butt of a lot of goalie jokes but really shouldn't be.

and had he remained in Florida he would have been mediocre. The canucks have had a lot to do with Lou;s successes.

lol you serious? Do you not remember the 06/07 season? He was a top goalie in the league playing on the crappy Panthers making over 40 saves a night.

And secondly you can say that about Hall of fame goalies Brodeur and Roy who played on stacked hall of fame teams. You proved everything with this stupid comment.

Archived