The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Senators may be interested in Canucks' Yannick Weber

Weber straight up for Jim O'Brien.

Done deal.

Two players that neither team has use for but the other might. Can't hurt.

Yeah, you were talking about O'Brien in the summer weren't you, or last season? What's the deal with him - just looked him up, he's a former first round pick but he shows up at the bottom of the Sens C depth chart and he's making less than Weber. I guess they are both similar age and cap hit, so it could work if they're both redundant on their current teams.

Realistically though I agree with Ossi, wouldn't expect much more than a 3rd/4th. Such a random rumour in any case.

I do like Ceci. Would be a solid pick up for our future.

I would like to see us get Matt Puempel though. He would help the comets offense and could be a nice addition to the big club next year.

No need for a Puempel when we've already got a Shinkaruk

Yeah, you were talking about O'Brien in the summer weren't you, or last season? What's the deal with him - just looked him up, he's a former first round pick but he shows up at the bottom of the Sens C depth chart and he's making less than Weber. I guess they are both similar age and cap hit, so it could work if they're both redundant on their current teams.

Realistically though I agree with Ossi, wouldn't expect much more than a 3rd/4th. Such a random rumour in any case.

Jim O'Brien would be a good depth C.. He's big, has a little bit of an offensive upside, decent on defence and is not afraid to play the physical game. Also great at the PK. Would be a solid pickup for depth.

Honestly, I don't think they would be looking at Weber. Probably looking at Tanev. They need another righty on the back end. Someone with a little offensive ability. His shot may not be there, but his passing is very good. If they want Weber for a 4th, then by all means, but with Corrado in the pipeline anyways, we will definitely be able to get a little more for Tanev. Try Zack Smith for 4th line center, who is over 50% on the dot and JG Pageau. A bit more depth to solidify our bottom 6. In an ideal world, we would be more inclined to send Tanev away for some top 6 help, but that isn't really gonna happen. Not with the depth we have and not without Booth being sent out of dodge before the end of the season!

I cannot see them making ANY moves that help Toronto. Gilbert seems to fit their organizational needs more than Weber would as he's a very VERY poor mans Karlsson

But if there's a deal to be made I would be happy sending Weber over and Booth with a 2nd and 3rd or 5th for a bad contract and Pageu since they just sent him down in disappointing fashion.

That kid has clutch goal scorer written all over him. Think Martin Gelinas who only ended games and whole series in his career with clutch goals.

Yes I would be quite happy taking back a bad contract if we could lose Booth and gain Pageau

Why do they want him? He has played like 7 mins in 3 games... Did they see something in 7 mins of his ice time? Doubt it. Not gonna believe this source.

They saw him for years as a Hab. I am sure they know his worth and potential. If he can pick up his defensive game like at all, he's a serious potential point getter from the blue line

But he is a defensive liability

How many contracts are we at currently? Where there is smoke.....

Utica Comets Director of Hockey Operations, Pat Conacher, announced today that the Canucks have signed Stanley Cup winning defenseman Kent Huskins, and center Mitch Wahl to professional tryout contracts (PTO).

Source: http://www.uticacomets.com/stanley-cup-champion-added-to-comets-roster/

i like greening as a target. hes struggled offensivley this season with just 3 assists on the year, and with the great and consistent play of Chris Higgins, I think Greening could be a solid fit for the 3rd line. He is capable of being a 40 point guy, and has 44 hits in just 14 games this season.

Hes playing behind Michalek, Conacher, and MacArthur at the moment. He could be ripe for the picking if we play our cards right. He's also signed through 16/17 with a respectable 2.65 cap hit .

Greening for Weber, Dalpe

I like the idea of adding Michalek, but as he is an upcoming UFA and is making 6M this year, I think he may fall into the rental category, something that I think Gillis wants to avoid paying for as he did last season, unless he can rid himself of David Booth in the deal.

And though I have loved the way Santorelli has played, I still think this team will be in need of a #2 or 3 center. Richardson has been real good aswell, but I like the depth of the team with him on the fourth line much better.

Ott would be my pick, as he would add stregnth on the dot, and a tonne of edginess to the team.

sedin sedin kesler

burrows santa kassian

higgins ott hansen

booth richardson wiese

Webers a weird name to come up.. They already have Joe Corvo so there's no need to acquire Weber.

I follow Ottawa and the team needs Tanev.

Super hesitant to give up Tanev but if the Gillis is offered a top 6 forward.. Well he's gotta give to get.

IMO MG is not trading Tanev (yet). I see Corrodo & Tanev stepping in and filling Bieksa/Hamhuis roles when they get to the end of their contracts, leaving Edler/Tanev & Garrison/Corrodo as the top 4. Stanton will be re-signed as well I think as a 5th or 6th guy since he fits in perfectly.

Canucks have alot of developing D prospects but until one of them actually step up I think Tanev and Corrodo are oo valuable to the organization to trade away. They will be part of the canucks D core moving forward.

Archived