The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Senators may be interested in Canucks' Yannick Weber

Why don't the Canucks try Weber on the power play before they make a move to trade him?

Better how about the Canucks trade Booth to Toronto for JML?

Canucks need a power play qb and Liles would flourish in this ultra aggressive system with his great skating ability to carry the puck and jump in the play at will.

He could become a reasonable facsimile of what Ehrhoff provided.

Why don't the Canucks try Weber on the power play before they make a move to trade him?

Canucks need a power play qb and Liles would flourish in this ultra aggressive system with his great skating ability to carry the puck and jump in the play at will.

interdasting

They've made some errors. And they've headed into the season massively overrated imho. Too much weight was put into Spezza and Karlsson coming back. Yes, both are crafty offensive wizards, but neither are defensive stallions. So all that would change is the increase in numbers, for and against. That doesn't translate into wins.

They've made some meh deals too. Ryan cost a lot, but he's performing well, so meh.

Conacher for Bishop was fine at the time, but they've made Conacher redundant by signing MacArthur while not realizing that Anderson is a career backup who had just peaked. And now he's out on a neck injury. Freak injury, but they ultimately should've kept Bishop, who's at 9w 2L and .925sv% in TB. Conacher has 3pts.

Last season they succeeded with goaltending, this season they may fail by it.

A depth-level defenseman won't help them at all.

Bad start to a season does not equal a bad team. They've had maybe the toughest schedule's in the east so far, and though they've been inconsistent they are an extremely skilled hockey team.

They're a top-4 team in the east.

Bad start to a season does not equal a bad team. They've had maybe the toughest schedule's in the east so far, and though they've been inconsistent they are an extremely skilled hockey team.

They're a top-4 team in the east.

That's debatable. The Pens and Bruins are obvious choices ahead of them, and Montreal and Tampa are at least similar. Detroit could well be argued as well and if the Isles and Caps could fix their remaining issues they're right there as well.

Whatever their schedule has been like, their goals against has been bad and it looks like they're trying to find something to shore that up.

If they'd take Booth too, I'd look for nothing back.

I think Weber for a 3rd. Gives us picks 24, 54, 67, 84, 144, 174 and 204. Then go Schroeder, 84 and 144 to MIN for the Jets 2nd round pick (~35) = 24, 35, 54, 67, 174, 204

Wow...somebody likes their draft picks. Can't say that I blame you after how we made out like gangbusters at the last draft. Pretty sure we got 4 bonified NHLers to be with our 1st 4 picks. Deep draft though. That is not going to happen everytime. Focus on losing Booth first, then let's gain some depth using our space and a couple picks. Anything after the 4th round picks can go. Our scouting in the depths of Europe is not good enough to spot us a Datsyuk or Zetterberg. We got lucky even drafting Yannik Hansen.

That's debatable. The Pens and Bruins are obvious choices ahead of them, and Montreal and Tampa are at least similar. Detroit could well be argued as well and if the Isles and Caps could fix their remaining issues they're right there as well.

Whatever their schedule has been like, their goals against has been bad and it looks like they're trying to find something to shore that up.

Debatable sure, it is just my opinion. There is a lot of skill in the Senators lineup and once they get their defensive system back to or close to what it was last year they're going to be a tough team to beat.

They saw him for years as a Hab. I am sure they know his worth and potential. If he can pick up his defensive game like at all, he's a serious potential point getter from the blue line

But he is a defensive liability

Yeah, seems like a reasonable idea. Most of the guys they're looking for are puck moving defensemens.

Come on now...people don't seriously think Weber has any trade value do they?

It has me stumped. Not that he is getting much ice but I simply do not see anything positive in his game. He is pretty brutal in his own zone and I don't see enough offensive upside to make up for it.

The article talks about the Sens giving up too much defensively, and then proceeds to list defensive liabilities. Weber doesn't make any sense - Alberts addresses their needs more (but not outstandingly).

Alberts for a depth pick?

hmm, yeah, from what I know of Ottawa (I've only watched one game of theirs this season) Alberts probably would make more sense for their needs, and he's the more expendable of our depth D with the emergence of Stanton.

JML 3+ years at $4+ million.

Booth 1 more season at $4+ million.

We need the cap relief not another 5-6 at $4+ million

Archived