The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Senators may be interested in Canucks' Yannick Weber

Something else i've noticed is that Edler seems to be weaker physically then in the past and he can't seem to make the odd nice hit he used to be able to make also not as solid on his feet and the one taking the brunt of most contact.

Really quite invisible as far as good play goes with no nice hits or good offensive plays but noticing bad passes, icing the puck, fumbling the puck and turnovers, playing soft as usual and poor defensive zone work.

Poor defensive zone work must explain why he's 6th in the NHL in blocked shots.

JML 3+ years at $4+ million.

Booth 1 more season at $4+ million.

We need the cap relief not another 5-6 at $4+ million

He is actually under 4 million for this year and 2 more. His cap hit is actually very palatable for an offensive d-man at 3.875 for the rest of this year and then only 2 more years after.

Whereas Booth has 1 year left but at a heftier 4.25 plus he is a forward. Liles is still a very solid offensive d-man he could fit in this system.

Basically it comes down to Liles has one more year than Booth but his cap hit is lower. Booth has a higher cap hit but he has only 1 year left on his deal.

If Liles can get you 40 plus points and make the power play elite once again I think you take that trade off with Booth struggling.

Lol blocked shots is all it takes to make a great defender in your eyes?

Wow you sure have high expectations defensively for a guy making a lot of money.

Another thing I've noticed is that you only come out when Edler has a bad game, which takes away any credibility you've ever had. And if I'm not mistaken this is a thread about Ottawa being interested in Weber, not an Edler bashing thread, so lets keep it on topic.

Another thing I've noticed is that you only come out when Edler has a bad game, which takes away any credibility you've ever had. And if I'm not mistaken this is a thread about Ottawa being interested in Weber, not an Edler bashing thread, so lets keep it on topic.

I've been on here a lot to talk about other things too but just don't have the time most do.

Truth is if i came here and complained every time Edler had a bad game it would be half the season. Edler hurts this team more then he helps it imo and loving this team like i do i hate to see this my best hope is thats Torts realizes this and trades him.

This happens to be on topic because if Ottawa needs a dman it would be a good chance to get rid of Edler a overated, overpaid and dead weight for something we could really use to help the teams chances.

If it is Tanev they are interested in I would like to see a deal around Tanev and 5th for Greening and Smith.

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Higgins - Santo - Burr

Greening - Smith - Hansen

Archibald - Richardson - Kassian

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Corrado

Stanton - Bieksa

i think those 4 offensive lines are all very capable of both defending and producing points. Would love to get both Greening and Smith from Ottawa and Corrado is ready to step in on the NHL level and cover for the departure of Tanev even though it hurts to give him up. Gives us even more offensive depth and pretty much keeps us at the same level on defense.

He is actually under 4 million for this year and 2 more. His cap hit is actually very palatable for an offensive d-man at 3.875 for the rest of this year and then only 2 more years after.

Whereas Booth has 1 year left but at a heftier 4.25 plus he is a forward. Liles is still a very solid offensive d-man he could fit in this system.

Basically it comes down to Liles has one more year than Booth but his cap hit is lower. Booth has a higher cap hit but he has only 1 year left on his deal.

If Liles can get you 40 plus points and make the power play elite once again I think you take that trade off with Booth struggling.

You hear often enough that Liles was in the AHL because of the CAP and numbers game. Frankly I was not overly impressed watching him last year. I don't know what he would bring over what Van has right now. Garrison has cooled off but Bieksa and Hamhuis are picking up the slack. I am also enthused with Stanton's offensive potential which we won't have a handle on until early spring I suspect. Lile's d-game would be at the bottom of the Van group IMO.

Other than the CAP hit having Booth in Utica could bode well for Van if he can recapture his game. Who he would bump to come back onto the roster is anyone's guess especially with Hanson returning within 2 weeks. Booth could be insurance or a trade deadline piece.

I've been on here a lot to talk about other things too but just don't have the time most do.

Truth is if i came here and complained every time Edler had a bad game it would be half the season. Edler hurts this team more then he helps it imo and loving this team like i do i hate to see this my best hope is thats Torts realizes this and trades him.

This happens to be on topic because if Ottawa needs a dman it would be a good chance to get rid of Edler a overated, overpaid and dead weight for something we could really use to help the teams chances.

For example? I'm curious as to what you anticipate the Canucks could get back from Ottawa for Edler, which would help their chances?

regards,

G.

Let's bring another B.C. Boy in.

Turris

OTT

Booth

Weber

Alberts

VAN

Turris

It cost Ottawa a very good offensive defenceman prospect in David Rundblad and a pick in the draft that year to get the 2nd line center they've been coveting since forever and now they trade him away for trash? (no offence to the players mentioned). Sorry, Murray may be an idiot sometimes, but he's not that stupid to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

Ottawa media is reporting that if the Senators fail to improve over the next few games, they will try to acquire defensive help. Names that the Sens are believed to be interested in include Hal Gill, JM Liles & Yannick Weber.

It's believed Murray has held talks with a couple of teams to try to make an upgrade and it's believed he'll try to shore up back end if the Senators don't have success against the Dallas Stars Sunday at home and the Blue Jackets Tuesday in Columbus.

If that's the case, the Senators could be ready to move a blueliner to try to upgrade because three times this season the club has given up 50-plus shots _ including a club record 57 in a 5-4 shootout loss to the Islanders Friday.

The issue for Murray will be finding something better. The list of blueliners available isn't pretty: Hal Gill (Philly), John-Michael Liles (Toronto),
Yannick Weber (Vancouver)
, Alec Martinez (Los Angeles) and Tom Gilbert (Florida).

http://www.ottawasun...nce-on-thin-ice

Weber to Ottawa, for a player, prospect and a pick.

Archived