The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth recalled from Utica [Archibald to Utica]

They clearly allowed him to rush back too quickly after his first groin injury. This is two years in a row he started off the season with a groin injury. He missed 14 games last season because of that.

The trainers really need to crack down on this guy with his training. If he can't figure it out himself, then they're gonna have to develop a routine for him so he's not pulling his groin all the time.

So many comedians around here.

It's in the teams best interest for Booth to go down to Utica and get his game fired up. He's a good player that has had some bad luck with injuries. He still has the potential to make a significant difference to this team. With the first line going all out right now, it would be real nice if Booth could come back and start scoring some goals.

I guess they want him to become a top 6 player because he is better than Sestito and Weber on forward so I think they did it so he can up his game a little.

I hope he does and if it doesn't well then I guess we're going to have a 4 million dollar player not playing on our roster.

Dont get where people get this "lack of heart" thing. Playing poorly is not solely tied with effort. Booth hasn't even been that bad, he was quite good for stretches that have been cut short by injury, The real problem is his inability to stay out of the x-ray room. Even this year he looked pretty average, had more points than Kesler before getting hurt again.

Booth is many things, but in no way has he ever struck me as lazy. He skates hard every shift and is always willing to throw hits and take the risky road to the net.

The frustration fans feel comes nowhere near what he must feel for himself. He clearly wants to contribute and play up to his contract.

Pretty much agree. NHL hockey is pretty much all about what have you done for me lately, especially on a mature team like Vancouver. There are thousands of players who have desire and a work ethic but that doesn't get them to the show. There are other players who bloom and then go dry. I am questioning whether Booth is a player like that. It could be as simple as the injury problem overcoming his game. I thought he was making progress until the last injury. The only thing I didn't see was his drive to the net.

Bottom line with David Booth is who would you cut off the top 9 to make room for him? Hanson could be back in 10 days and I assume that Archibald goes back to Utica and Kassian switches to 3LW. Vancouver depth is bouncing Booth out. Once the conditioning stint is done I suspect Van will waive him. I doubt he is claimed. If he catches fire in Utica then a good tough decision for Torts.

If everything goes well, in a month we could be looking at:

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Booth Santorelli Burrows

Higgins Richardson Hansen/Kassian

Archibald Welsh Kassian/Hansen

How long is Schroeder out? Unless the Canucks trade him he will factor in soon too. I doubt the Canucks put him on waivers. Should be interesting to see what they do:

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Higgins Santorelli Burrows

Booth Schroeder Kassian

Archibald Richardson Hansen

Looks good to me.

I honestly think he lacks motivation more than anything. I question how badly he wants to do this and wonder if he likes being a hockey star and the $$, but doesn't have his heart in the game. Just my own perception.

I think that's a fair perception. Every time I see him on the ice he's laughing and smiling. Not that being happy is bad but he seem's like a 4 yr old at a carnival, not a focused professional athlete...

Don't know, when Tort's said 'he's just weird' I think it said something more than bible thumping and killing animals (which Tort's must hate with his animal cruelty charity btw)....I think Tort's meant he just doesn't approach the game right, Tort's is a huge competitor so when he see's a happy go lucky professional hockey player he must think, 'what's wrong with this guy?'

I'm still mad at Booth..... I'm still thinking the only reason he came to Vancouver was for the destination and not the hockey..

That or he was traded here so if he wanted to continue playing hockey and being paid he didn't have a choice :picard:

edit: not to mention that he didn't actually want to leave Florida at all, and wasn't exactly thrilled at having to leave in the first place.

Archived