The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth recalled from Utica [Archibald to Utica]

I think this is a chance for Booth to show us what he can do with consistent top six minutes (albeit against a lower level of competition). Hope he does well and proves the haters wrong!

lol....ain't gonna happen

when was the last time you saw a 4 mil player sent to the minors! I haven't seen that since before the cba allowed it without waivers in the 80's.

if it was 'conditioning' he'd stay with the team and skate, like most vets do, ie Burrows, even Kassian, Sedin when he got concussed etc....this is a very UNCOMMON move...

it was a signal to David Booth, compete or you're gone....he gets a few more games in a Canucks uniform when he's done to prove he's learned...and then its 1 day at a time...

If not, bye bye Booth

This is Gillis typical of biding time to waive or deal him (even if it means absorbing a cost). If he's ready to play and the Canucks are short offensive players, why the need for a conditioning stint at all? They need him up here, not in Utica. It's clear where they are going with Booth (offload him). Probably wanted to do it but couldn't during the offseason. His cap is worth more than anything else at this point.

Torts doesn't want him around and that's 2 coaches that he's had chances but failed to impress. He needs a change of scenery or retire.

Booth has in all likelihood played his last games or season as a Canuck.

I'm still mad at Booth..... I'm still thinking the only reason he came to Vancouver was for the destination and not the hockey..

must be one hell of a headache you've got, it appears to be affecting your critical thinking.

Anyways, best of luck regaining your confidence David, and please stop pulling your groin.

when was the last time you saw a 4 mil player sent to the minors! I haven't seen that since before the cba allowed it without waivers in the 80's.

Redden, Souray, Mogilny, Finger, Huet... I am sure there are more but ones I could think of off the top of my head without bothering to look it up.

Though a conditioning stint is very different than being "sent to the minors"

Redden, Souray, Mogilny, Finger, Huet... I am sure there are more but ones I could think of off the top of my head without bothering to look it up.

Though a conditioning stint is very different than being "sent to the minors"

Umm he was out for a week...why wasn't Burrows sent down? Kassian? Sedin?

And umm those names you mentioned most of those guys (other than Huet) were attempts at being waived or past their prime (Mogilny never came back up)...

so thanks for proving my point

Umm he was out for a week...why wasn't Burrows sent down? Kassian? Sedin?

And umm those names you mentioned most of those guys (other than Huet) were attempts at being waived or past their prime (Mogilny never came back up)...

so thanks for proving my point

Oh that was your point? Well try making your point without spitting out nonsense son. What about Salo a couple of years back? Does that prove your awesome point too?

^ This.

Booth is coming off successive injuries where he hasn't had the opportunity for a longer stretch of healthy play. Disregarding cap hit, a conditioning stint isn't unheard of for a player underperforming in that position, even if there's also the thought of moving him.

How long is Schroeder out? Unless the Canucks trade him he will factor in soon too. I doubt the Canucks put him on waivers. Should be interesting to see what they do:

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Higgins Santorelli Burrows

Booth Schroeder Kassian

Archibald Richardson Hansen

Looks good to me.

Schroeder's out longer than Hansen, 9 weeks. Weise will be back soon as well I'd think so that could force a move on the roster to not go over the 23 man limit.

The guy doesn't appear to have anything left in the tank, he doesn't seem well liked in the dressing room, he is definitely not liked by the public, and we keep hearing reports that he isn't taking his job seriously ...

I really hope this guy gets bought out soon. I had high hopes for him this season, but I've run out of hope at this point. If he can manage 10g, 10a this season, I'll be happy at this point.

The guy doesn't appear to have anything left in the tank, he doesn't seem well liked in the dressing room, he is definitely not liked by the public, and we keep hearing reports that he isn't taking his job seriously ...

I really hope this guy gets bought out soon. I had high hopes for him this season, but I've run out of hope at this point. If he can manage 10g, 10a this season, I'll be happy at this point.

Don't understand all the hate.....I don't think he's washed up..and how do you know he's not liked in the dressing room..?..I call bs on that one..Hes a likeable guy and very easy going (maybe too much for Torts liking)...This trip to Utica tells me that the coaching staff are not happy with his conditioning....Lets hope he can get back to the Booth of two years ago.

Pretty much agree. NHL hockey is pretty much all about what have you done for me lately, especially on a mature team like Vancouver. There are thousands of players who have desire and a work ethic but that doesn't get them to the show. There are other players who bloom and then go dry. I am questioning whether Booth is a player like that. It could be as simple as the injury problem overcoming his game. I thought he was making progress until the last injury. The only thing I didn't see was his drive to the net.

Bottom line with David Booth is who would you cut off the top 9 to make room for him? Hanson could be back in 10 days and I assume that Archibald goes back to Utica and Kassian switches to 3LW. Vancouver depth is bouncing Booth out. Once the conditioning stint is done I suspect Van will waive him. I doubt he is claimed. If he catches fire in Utica then a good tough decision for Torts.

Would be surprised to see him get waived. I do think he is clearly being given a loud warning shot accross the bow though.

It's likely Santorelli comes down to earth at somepoint and Kesler moves back to 2C.

Would love it if Kassian can get some consistency and we can have a lineup of...

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Higgins Kesler Burrows

Booth Santorelli Hansen

Archibald Richardson Weise

I agree with Honky Cat. This game is all about players and giving players chances.

There is zero evidence he is not liked in the room and anybody with any grudge against Booth can shove their prejudices where the sun don't shine.

All you guys are way too hard on Booth. The guy plays hard and goes to the dirty areas. His game is high risk, high reward. Watch this little highlight video and see where he is during most of the plays.

You can talk about his IQ in general as being suspect but his hockey IQ is solid. He knows where to go and he definitely has an abundance of skill.

I believe he will step up his game when we need him to.

post-91050-0-58343800-1337230032_thumb.j

Would be surprised to see him get waived. I do think he is clearly being given a loud warning shot accross the bow though.

It's likely Santorelli comes down to earth at somepoint and Kesler moves back to 2C.

Would love it if Kassian can get some consistency and we can have a lineup of...

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Higgins Kesler Burrows

Booth Santorelli Hansen

Archibald Richardson Weise

we finally are starting to get a 2nd line that is gelling together and you want to split them up? what's wrong with Burrows-Santorelli, Higgins? all 20 goal scorers (burrows with potential for 30... ok, Santorelli "should" have the potential to get back to 20 goals). Santorelli deserves more of a shot at the 2nd line than Booth.

But back to Booth: We might not see him here again. I think he will ask for a trade, and he needs a fresh start somewhere else anyways.

we finally are starting to get a 2nd line that is gelling together and you want to split them up? what's wrong with Burrows-Santorelli, Higgins? all 20 goal scorers (burrows with potential for 30... ok, Santorelli "should" have the potential to get back to 20 goals). Santorelli deserves more of a shot at the 2nd line than Booth.

But back to Booth: We might not see him here again. I think he will ask for a trade, and he needs a fresh start somewhere else anyways.

Don't want to split up now. That would be crazy...MS has been great. Just hard to believe that a waiver wire player will lock down the 2C long term....would love to be proven wrong.

I do think he has shown he is for real and I love having a good local kid kickin a--. These types will bleed for the blue and green.

Booth in no way shape or form aside from about 10-15 games since he's been here looks like top 6 material.

Archived