The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth recalled from Utica [Archibald to Utica]

It's not sending a message. It's a legitimate requirement if he is going to crack the line-up this season, especially given how out of shape (relatively) he will be after the list of injuries he's had. This is just like Bert says...it is what it is.

Kind of over hearing about Booth. Would love to see this guy gone. Physically he's a specimen and has all the tools, but his lack of hockey IQ is just too far gone. Can't teach that.

I honestly think he lacks motivation more than anything. I question how badly he wants to do this and wonder if he likes being a hockey star and the $$, but doesn't have his heart in the game. Just my own perception.

All you guys are way too hard on Booth. The guy plays hard and goes to the dirty areas. His game is high risk, high reward. Watch this little highlight video and see where he is during most of the plays.

You can talk about his IQ in general as being suspect but his hockey IQ is solid. He knows where to go and he definitely has an abundance of skill.

I believe he will step up his game when we need him to.

I honestly think he lacks motivation more than anything. I question how badly he wants to do this and wonder if he likes being a hockey star and the $$, but doesn't have his heart in the game. Just my own perception.

Yours and others' perception. I don't think Booth is geared for a popular team's market.

Jesus! Utica? Wow. I sure hope to God he can find his game again while he's down there, because God knows how much we could use a healthy and productive Booth. God speed, Booth, God speed. Canuck Nation is praying for you! Just have faith, score some goals, and all will be forgiven.

Ok, enough joking around... seriously, I think we should all be a little conservative in our expectations of him, but here's hoping that after three days of conditioning he will come back and show us all the way to the Holy Grail of Hockey... Lord Stanley Cup! :towel:

All you guys are way too hard on Booth. The guy plays hard and goes to the dirty areas. His game is high risk, high reward. Watch this little highlight video and see where he is during most of the plays.

You can talk about his IQ in general as being suspect but his hockey IQ is solid. He knows where to go and he definitely has an abundance of skill.

The one reason we are hard on Booth;

$4.25M

The one reason we are hard on Booth;

$4.25M

That's fair, but really it was MG who traded for that Cap Hit even while Booth's health was suspect. If anything people should only be mad at Gillis for not using the compliance Buy-out.

If Kassian played even remotely like that Booth highlight package everyone would drooling over Kassian saying how he is better than Lucic (even moreso that they generally do).

Agree. Though he needs to actually do those things.

He needs some injury luck and hopefully he can get back to playing at his potential. If he can, he'll be that top 6 forward everyone's screaming for. At the very least he'd be a VERY good 3rd liner.

Archived