The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth recalled from Utica [Archibald to Utica]

That's fair, but really it was MG who traded for that Cap Hit even while Booth's health was suspect. If anything people should only be mad at Gillis for not using the compliance Buy-out.

If Kassian played even remotely like that Booth highlight package everyone would drooling over Kassian saying how he is better than Lucic (even moreso that they generally do).

Anyone can make a highlight package of any player and make them look good. The reality is Booth has lost his game and isn't even ready to play NHL level today. Finally the fans are understanding he's been a bust ever since he arrived here and taking off the 'hopefully he can get it right this time' glasses. He hasn't done much at all and plain sucks as harsh as that sounds. It's evident things aren't and most likely won't be working out and he'll need a change of scenery (a trade or something) to revie his career if he can.

Anyone can make a highlight package of any player and make them look good. The reality is Booth has lost his game and isn't even ready to play NHL level today. Finally the fans are understanding he's been a bust ever since he arrived here and taking off the 'hopefully he can get it right this time' glasses. He hasn't done much at all and plain sucks as harsh as that sounds. It's evident things aren't and most likely won't be working out and he'll need a change of scenery (a trade or something) to revie his career if he can.

Ok then the exact same must be said about Kassian.

Ok then the exact same must be said about Kassian.

That's pathetic. Look at the age difference and the potential difference and the NHL experience difference.

....and I don't know what games you've been watching but Kassian has been great this season. Inconsistent but great when he's on. His hands have improved drastically, skating, defense, and playing without the puck....what more can you ask for? Just his consistency and that's what he's working on doing and what Torts says he needs to do to become that player for us.

Makes sense to me... aside from a wake-up call, he also needs an actual conditioning stint. Not sure where he slots into the lineup past the 4th line the way Kassian-Richardson-Archibald played last game.

NERDS!

But that's pretty much it. He's been trying hard but hasn't found offence and could use the conditioning stint to get back into game shape. That'll extend our need to make any other moves and we can see where we stand in 6 AHL games.

Dont get where people get this "lack of heart" thing. Playing poorly is not solely tied with effort. Booth hasn't even been that bad, he was quite good for stretches that have been cut short by injury, The real problem is his inability to stay out of the x-ray room. Even this year he looked pretty average, had more points than Kesler before getting hurt again.

Booth is many things, but in no way has he ever struck me as lazy. He skates hard every shift and is always willing to throw hits and take the risky road to the net.

The frustration fans feel comes nowhere near what he must feel for himself. He clearly wants to contribute and play up to his contract.

I'm with Aladeen so far as my optimism actually, and I agree with this move all around.

He has been hurt a billion times since he came over and each time we try and throw him back into the fire mid-stride and expect him to catch his feet.

This time we're going to start him back at the bottom and let him work his way into NHL speed. Not to mention earn his way into the lineup..

This takes the pressure off of having to hit the ground running. Might actually simplify the process - one-step at a time- and work for the guy.

That's pathetic. Look at the age difference and the potential difference and the NHL experience difference.

....and I don't know what games you've been watching but Kassian has been great this season. Inconsistent but great when he's on. His hands have improved drastically, skating, defense, and playing without the puck....what more can you ask for? Just his consistency and that's what he's working on doing and what Torts says he needs to do to become that player for us.

I wouldn't go so far as to say great. He has been better. But over the course of the time Kassian and Booth have both been here I wouldn't say Kassian has shown anything more than what we have seen from Booth.

Booth Drives to the Net something I rarely see Kassian ever do. I am not knocking Kassian I am saying the only knock against Booth is what he is getting paid.

If the Sedin's were making double what they are, would that make them bad players?

Booth is a gamebreaker when he is on top of his game. His hard nosed style of play and driving to the net = more injuries. That's the way it goes.

You talk about consistency, and that is the Knock against Booth. But take off the rosey glasses because that is exactly what will dog Kassian for his entire career.

I want Kassian to succeed and I want Booth to Succeed but all the same things people are willing to throw away Booth for is exactly what Kassian has been given a pass on because he is "young" or because he was traded for CoHo.

Dont get where people get this "lack of heart" thing. Playing poorly is not solely tied with effort. Booth hasn't even been that bad, he was quite good for stretches that have been cut short by injury, The real problem is his inability to stay out of the x-ray room. Even this year he looked pretty average, had more points than Kesler before getting hurt again.

Booth is many things, but in no way has he ever struck me as lazy. He skates hard every shift and is always willing to throw hits and take the risky road to the net.

The frustration fans feel comes nowhere near what he must feel for himself. He clearly wants to contribute and play up to his contract.

Yeah I agree I think he gets unfair hate because of how many times he gets injured. It's fair to say he's overpaid and doesn't produce for what he's paid but he's not useless like some people make him out to be. His biggest downside is his durability. He gets a little tap along the boards and he's out for a few weeks. Can't have that in a power forward. I think if he gets another substantial injury he'll retire. I was really hoping he'd stay healthy and succeed but I've been disappointed so far. I wonder if he's got a recurring injury he needs to just rest? Similar to what Kesler had when he played with one. Could have the same "It's just a little nagging shoulder injury I can play fine" type of injury. With how easily he got injured that's all I can think of as to why he's so undurable.

That's fair, but really it was MG who traded for that Cap Hit even while Booth's health was suspect. If anything people should only be mad at Gillis for not using the compliance Buy-out.

If Kassian played even remotely like that Booth highlight package everyone would drooling over Kassian saying how he is better than Lucic (even moreso that they generally do).

I don't think there was as much question of his health then. There were the concussions, but not the same overall injury-prone picture we're getting now. Considering Gillis traded two other players declining due to injuries and age, I think he did ok.

He certainly couldn't have used the compliance buyout on Booth since he was injured at the end of the season. Perhaps before the season but I'm not sure that would even work as he injured himself coming into camp. We'll see where we're at by the end of the season if it's still needed and possible.

Archived