The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Whisky (Whiskey) thread

King Heffy

6 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

LOL True.... you being a bartender and all I bet you have some crazy stories of ol' Whiskey in a bottle 

Haha, yeah I've got some regulars (& staff)  who aren't allowed to have whiskey in my bar. One of my doorman is only allowed certain Scotch whiskeys, he gets real fiery on Irish whiskey.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I finally got my hands on some Pappy...was the 15.  Wowza that was some smooth bourbon.  

On 10/25/2016 at 1:10 PM, Down by the River said:

After finishing my PhD I was given a bottle of Macallan Sienna, a bottle of Lagavulin 8, and a bottle of  Glenmorangie 18

Image result for macallan sienna

Lagavulin 8 Year Old - 200th Anniversary Edition

I haven't had the Lagavulin yet but the Glenmorangie is pretty terrific. 

I picked up that Lagavulin 8 last year. Still have about 3/4 left.  The 16 is probably the single malt I drink the most...you can tell it is younger but it still has that Lagavulin thing that makes it one of my faves. 

• 1 year later...

Unpopular opinion but I find Scotch revolting. 

It’s like taking a magnificent Irish Whiskey and putting some dirt and peat in it. 

That being said, I confess my tastes are not sophisticated. Give me a delicious glass of Jameson and I’m a happy man. 

On 10/24/2017 at 10:40 PM, Gnarcore said:

I finally got my hands on some Pappy...was the 15.  Wowza that was some smooth bourbon.  

I picked up that Lagavulin 8 last year. Still have about 3/4 left.  The 16 is probably the single malt I drink the most...you can tell it is younger but it still has that Lagavulin thing that makes it one of my faves. 

I have yet to try Lagavulin...

I just bought Glenfiddich XX and Fire and Cane. I have the IPA. 

43 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

Unpopular opinion but I find Scotch revolting. 

It’s like taking a magnificent Irish Whiskey and putting some dirt and peat in it. 

That being said, I confess my tastes are not sophisticated. Give me a delicious glass of Jameson and I’m a happy man. 

That's what is awesome about scotch.

It's not that it tastes like your favorite thing in the world it's the fact that it's so unique and earthy.

I became a Whiskey man in Tokyo since Nikka and Suntory were everywhere and it was so smooth to me. Then I went to Thailand and bought Whiskey from a 12 year old who was helping her mom run the shop and it tasted like paint thinner. I drank it all though. Can't even remember the brand. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/24/2017 at 10:40 PM, Gnarcore said:

I just picked up the Lagavulin 16! Can't wait to try it.

• Cheers 1