The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Julien takes a shot prior to game: Tim Thomas wouldn't have won Stanley Cup without Bruins

Is anyone really surprised by Julien's comments? He is the same person that blamed Salo for the Rat Marchand's hit... Gotta admit its nice watching the Julien disrespect Tim T and their own legacy (I'm still bitter about losing the cup to them). Drama in B-town.

SO many people posting comments based on the thread's title alone, wow.

Julien: "Thomas was good but so was the rest of the team."

Cue indignant outrage.

The details are in the OP, for goodness sake. You don't have to dig, or research, to find the basic facts. All you have to do is actually read the quote in context. THAT'S IT.

I don't know about the other 3 series but for the series that mattered the most, Thomas came to play even when Boston didn't. Tim bailed them out so much the series vs Van. Boston doesn't win that cup without the play of Thomas oh and the refs!!!! :bigblush:

stop using the term "matter the most". It's probably one of the most stupid thing sport fans like to use. All freaking series before the final matters a lot too, and without winning those series they will not be able to get to the final.

The team (and refs *cough cough*) bailed Thomas out a lot before getting to the final. People tend to focus on his performance on the final, but really ignore how many goals Thomas allowed before the series.

If the refs didn't suddenly turn blind and failed to make one single call in game 7 in the conference final, the Boston could have lose base on how many goals Thomas let in.

Wow what a classless pig. Absolute disgrace...

Tim Thomas was making 40 saves a night... only reason bruins beat us. Julien is a Hick.

I hate Thomas but I can easily admit that was the best goaltending I've ever scene in a SCF since 2002. They won solely because of him... who won scf MVP?? Does julien even remember? What a goof. Absolute disgrace.

This is all cause he snubbed Obama?? Do u watch the news Claude???

TT was the only mildly intelligent person on that team, i wouldnt want to meet Obama either lol.

Unfortunately he's probably on Obama's hit list now.

Keep an eye out for UAV drones Timmy. :(

Wow what a classless pig. Absolute disgrace...

Tim Thomas was making 40 saves a night... only reason bruins beat us. Julien is a Hick.

I hate Thomas but I can easily admit that was the best goaltending I've ever scene in a SCF since 2002. They won solely because of him... who won scf MVP?? Does julien even remember? What a goof. Absolute disgrace.

Agreed.

only reason bruins beat us.

Or maybe it also had something to do with tight defense, relentless scoring from all four lines, and your homeboy Luo giving up goals left and right in games 3,4,6 and 7.

saying the Bruins only won because of Thomas is ridiculous. First of all, it doesn't take into account the rest of the playoffs (did you happen to see Horton win two series in game 7 for the bruins?). also, all the games the Bruins won against the canucks, they won by a pretty large margin. There's no way to know how things would have played out without thomas, but I can conceive a world in which Rask doesn't allow 4+ goals to the canucks in every game, can't you? last season showed Rask is a serious stanley cup contender.

No one wins only because of their goalie. Sure, Thomas is the MVP, but all Julien is saying is that the team played well too.

Or maybe it also had something to do with tight defense, relentless scoring from all four lines, and your homeboy Luo giving up goals left and right in games 3,4,6 and 7.

saying the Bruins only won because of Thomas is ridiculous. First of all, it doesn't take into account the rest of the playoffs (did you happen to see Horton win two series in game 7 for the bruins?). also, all the games the Bruins won against the canucks, they won by a pretty large margin. There's no way to know how things would have played out without thomas, but I can conceive a world in which Rask doesn't allow 4+ goals to the canucks in every game, can't you? last season showed Rask is a serious stanley cup contender.

No one wins only because of their goalie. Sure, Thomas is the MVP, but all Julien is saying is that the team played well too.

My home boy luongo made it go to 7 games rather than a 4 game sweep. Go watch the series... you are wrong.

They main reason they won was their goaltending. Do u even watch other SCF series? Thomas goaltending was jaw dropping.

My home boy luongo made it go to 7 games rather than a 4 game sweep. Go watch the series... you are wrong.

They main reason they won was their goaltending. Do u even watch other SCF series? Thomas goaltending was jaw dropping.

I watched the series. Luongo played well in 3 games and average/poorly in 4 games (i'm not saying the blame's all on him, the team played poorly in front of him as well). Anyway, that's beside the point.

No one is saying Tim Thomas' goaltending wasn't great. that's why he was the MVP. maybe it was jaw dropping (though some of that has to do with his unusual technique, cf. Luongo comments)

But to say Thomas would have won without the team playing well in front of him is ridiculous.

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/11/07/claude-julien-tim-thomas-wouldnt-have-won-stanley-cup-without-bruins/

Wow, what an arrogant prick Claude Julien is. Yea I understand where he's coming from but the way he worded what he said and the way he said it is just pathetic. Makes me hate him and the Bruins that much more, what a classless comment towards Timmy.....Thomas played Godly that year and without him there is no cup for Boston hands down; what a clown that guy is...

I agree, julien always comes across as an arrogant prick. Bruins can't do anything wrong, it's always the refs or the other teams fault. No way they beat us in 2011 without Tim Thomas.

Wait... am I reading this right???? Canucks fans standing up for Tim Thomas???? it really really just sounds weird... but I completely agree, No Tim in net, and the Vancouver Canucks have a Stanley Cup

Hate the guy but he put on an incredible display. If they somehow lost the cup he still would have won the MVP

Archived