The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official PGT] CANUCKS VS KINGS [LOSS] CBC :(

TheMohammadman

My grip is just fine - he himself says he doesn't. This isn't about just mixing lines, it's strategy. One of the reasons their PP is so bad IMO.

If you honestly think his gameplay doesn't change from line to line as far as exposing weaknesses of certain players etc, you are mistaken. He wants us to err on the side of aggression and to play our game, but that doesn't mean he doesn't change up the plays and strategies to target each teams weaknesses. Wanting your team to play the style they are most skilled at doesn't mean you never make adjustments. You can see Torts making adjustments in most games this year.

3/6 pts so far on this road trip, get to OT tomorrow and we break even.

Like a lot of posters have stated. We were do for a stinker and we got it. On to the Ducks, always an entertaining game.

Also, God do I miss Hansen, and to a lesser extent Weise. When those 2 get back whole new ball game my friends.

If you honestly think his gameplay doesn't change from line to line as far as exposing weaknesses of certain players etc, you are mistaken. He wants us to air on the side of aggression and to play our game, but that doesn't mean he doesn't change up the plays and strategies to target each teams weaknesses. Wanting your team to play the style they are most skilled at doesn't mean you never make adjustments. You can see Torts making adjustments in most games this year.

exactly, shorty and Garrett even said he matched burrs line against thortons in the shark game, rather than the twins, because the twins got eaten alive by joes line last time.

LOL you win.

(and I miss Hansen too...never did find out what the actual injury was? Hand? Shoulder?)

Looked like shoulder to me, but I'm not sure if we ever got confirmation on the specifics on the injury. Maybe I missed the info though.

LOL you win.

No it's all good. I just get a double-standard feeling from GDT's. That's why I stay away from them 75% of the time.

The only one I disagreed with was the Sestito charging call in the 3rd. Yeah, he was playing like a goon in the 3rd. But then again, the refs should have just let it go when the game's that out of reach.

No it's all good. I just get a double-standard feeling from GDT's. That's why I stay away from them 75% of the time.

The only one I disagreed with was the Sestito charging call in the 3rd. Yeah, he was playing like a goon in the 3rd. But then again, the refs should have just let it go when the game's that out of reach.

I didn't like the charge/board on Hammy behind the net. So that set me off and I was WATCHING for them to get away with similar plays. I do wish the refs would let it go (more)...that's more my gripe than anything.

A guy with concussion history...I saw the Getzlaf hit up close and personal so cringe when he gets hammered.

Also, gotta talk about the Garrison/Edler pairing. More so, Edler. What the heck is up with him this year? I said in GDT, he wanted to be the Canucks top paid blueliner - and he has 6 pts in 16 games to show for it. He has the lowest point total of any Canucks blueliner - (not by much, but it's a concern).

Him and Garrison are not doing well paired together. They have the worst underlying numbers of all the pairings. The problem with splitting them up is, the other 2 pairings are dynamite together - you can't split them up. It's 1/4 way into season, I think they should call up Corrado and sit Edler for a few games. Send a message.

First game of the season? Or the 2nd Sharks game?

Those two games were closer than the score suggest. At least the team played well enough. This game was just horrid with the Nucks not playing well at all. I consider this to be more of a blowout than the those to game. At the very least those were somewhat fun to watch unlike this one.

Edler honestly seems unfocused at times to me. Love when he lays out a big hit, but seems to zone out. Not sure...I heard he likes to sleep a lot (on the plane, etc.) so maybe he's just lethargic? Some of his passes are hard enough to be shots...on one or two, we turned over the puck as a result.

Archived