The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth, brains and business.

Canorcas

I'm not sure why you'd write your own blog post and then intentionally leave out a significant fact. Even if that made sense, it doesn't change the counter-point that he's had success since showing he's recovered enough from the concussions specifically to still be a legitimate NHL player.

It's not wiping those concussions away, it's comparing them to the more recent factors and evidence that he's moved past them as a reason for his poor play now.

Kesler being injured in the SCF was absolutely a factor in his play then, just as Booth's concussions were a factor in his play at that time as well. Even by your example though, Booth's more recent injuries (knee, groin, high ankle sprain, etc) are more relevant to why his play has suffered after his initial success here.

Again, I've never said the concussions weren't bad, just that his health back then isn't applicable to the current argument that they've affected his recent play specifically.

That's fair, I think I misunderstood what you meant. Apologies for that.

I'll agree-- he clearly wouldn't have played if his concussion symptoms were so severe that it prohibited him from even attempting to. But I certainly believe he is still dealing with those symptoms, however minor they may be, to this day and perhaps the rest of his days.

I don't think Booth got the big contract from FLA just for goal scoring. He got it because the GM at the time was really high on him:

"He's critical to our franchise," said Randy Sexton, who made it a priority to sign Booth after taking over as acting GM in early June. "He embodies everything that we think a Panther is. He is absolutely committed on and off the ice. He's our hardest-working player. He was our leading scorer last year. He has a positive attitude, has impeccable character, he's great in the community and he's committed to winning.

"This kid is a champion," Sexton added. "For me, as a franchise, it was the most strategic thing we could have done last summer."

ESPN article from 2009 - http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/preview2009/columns/story?columnist=lebrun_pierre&id=4520435

And because at the time he was extremely popular with the fans too.

2010 poll on hfboards - http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=795970

I agree with the sentiment that his concussions from years past aren't the reason (at least not the main reason) for his poor play currently. It's very hard to get on a roll and get confidence in your game when you are constantly getting re-injured. He has shown solid play since the concussions, so if he can just find a way to stay healthy he has the potential to get back to somewhat close to where he was in Florida.

Edit: Maybe Schroeder and him can find their game and health, together (apologies for bringing Schroeder up again). I think they would be a good combination, Schroeder with the playmaking ability and Booth with the speed to take advantage of the long stretch passes. Hopefully they both get a shot to find themselves on the second or third line this year. Them being healthy would increase are depth by a ton.

Good read, not enough to make me support him though.

We're fans of the sport, and our team. If he's hampering the success of this club we have every right to be annoyed. Especially if his conditioning of all things is one of the biggest things holding him back. You would think that a guy who claims to want to be better and aims as high as the Olympics would put in the effort to be in tip top shape. Clearly not the case.

Clearly you are misinformed. Booth, while he has struggled to avoid injury in his tenure in Vancouver, is always in great physical shape. Being a public figure; I suppose he puts himself out there to be criticized. But lets speak the truth if we are going to do that. This guy is in phenomenal shape.

Define: Ignoramus

-- TOMapleLaughs.

the end.

It's easy to take a sentence out of his much larger logical argument and make it look stupid. Most out of context things do. I'd venture to say you are a better definition of an Ignoramus.

Clearly you are misinformed. Booth, while he has struggled to avoid injury in his tenure in Vancouver, is always in great physical shape. Being a public figure; I suppose he puts himself out there to be criticized. But lets speak the truth if we are going to do that. This guy is in phenomenal shape.

Perhaps, why then does he suffer from injuries that would seem to be symptoms of not being in good health? I'm not pinning the concussion or knee-on-knee hit on him, but groin strains... really?

Booth is still a solid 3rd liner when healthy even if never scores 30 goals again and gets 20 I'm sure the Canucks would more than take that.

His salary is a problem because of the cap space it takes up and prevents the Canucks from thinking of even making a significant acquisition but at a reduced rate of 2 mil a year on a 2 year deal I would take him just like Raymond on a third line.

He has 1 year left on his deal he needs to show he can get over injuries, stay healthy, and start contributing positively again before the Canucks even think of bringing him back through next year or else they need to use their compliance buyout on him this summer and admit like the Ballard experiment that it just didn't work out.

Wishful thinking Chip but 20 goals is a far far stretch from ONE empty netter in 12 games last season...

Yeah he does that. He'll make his own mind up on what your post(s) have been about and then he'll refuse to back up any of his claims. He's trolling you, better to ignore him rather than denigrate a thread on Booth into an altogether separate topic.

Aww, ain't that cute. The hypocrite is back making up more BS like always. Take your own advise and quit trolling, hypocrite. Maybe back up your own claims next time while you are at it.

Because he's had all the time in the world to train, right?

So not having enough time to train is an excuse for getting injured? Why isn't he spending more time training then instead of risking another injury diving into games. Especially if he can't handle the llimited ice time he's been talking about in his interviews. The guys wants top minutes but still hasn't fully recuperated from his surgery.

Aww, ain't that cute. The hypocrite is back making up more BS like always. Take your own advise and quite trolling, hypocrite. Maybe back up your own claims next time while you are at it.

:lol: Guy calls elvis15 a troll AND a hypocrite in the same post! That's golden irony, at it's finest.

elvis15, the mini-mod, a troll. Mmhmm... :rolleyes:

So not having enough time to train is an excuse for getting injured? Why isn't he spending more time training then instead of risking another injury diving into games. Especially if he can't handle the llimited ice time he's been talking about in his interviews. The guys wants top minutes but still hasn't fully recuperated from his surgery.

Considering the injuries you are complaining about are a result of a lack of training?? YES.

Did not read the rest of your post, because I assumed it would be as much of a waste of time as the first sentence was.

Archived