The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sportsnet's Dane Fox: Jets GM has been fielding calls for Evander Kane

Southpop45

the article the covers a lot of topics but i wanted to focus on Kane section

So once again the rumors that Kane is unhappy in Winnipeg are resurfacing. Specifically, he is not

gettting along with the head coach Claude Noel. This has caused Jets GM to at least field offers from

other teams that are calling about Kane. What do you guys think is Kane really available or is this just

a stunt by the GM to send Kane a message. What do you think the asking price is for Kane, and do

you think the canucks are interested?

Would honestly give them

Gaunce

1st

Tanev

conditional 1st if Vancouver wins Stanely Cup, otherwise 2nd

Jensen

Buyout Booth, and our team looks like a contender for years

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Shinkuruk Horvat Kane

Burrows Kesler Santorelli

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Edler Hamhuis

Garrison Corrado

Stanton Bieksa

Subban

Jets would want a top centre coming back their way (ie: Giroux). Won't be another defensemen or unproven prospects.

I think they're fine with Little, Jokinen, and Scheifele as their top 3 centers.

Enstrom - Byfuglien

???? - Bogosian

Stuart - Trouba

Edler would give them a disgusting defence and I think that would be something for them to strongly consider.

I think they're fine with Little, Jokinen, and Scheifele as their top 3 centers.

Enstrom - Byfuglien

???? - Bogosian

Stuart - Trouba

Edler would give them a disgusting defence and I think that would be something for them to strongly consider.

Alot of those guys are nightmares in their own end. I see Byfuglien being moved back to forward if Kane is moved.

No way. Gillis hasn't done it in the last several when we've needed it desperately, he's not going to it now.

He doens't take chances, he'd rather fill out team with grinder players that can keep the team competitive than take a chance on a player that may put us over the top.

I would love it though. He's exactly the type of player we need.

Yes to Kane - apparently he loves it here and wanted to be drafted here. Bring in Buff who can eat up top 2 dman minutes and versatile to be our version of Burns 2.0 as a forward; single handedly destroyed us in the early Chicago series with his size.... This is the type of deal Gillis needs to make to acquire 2 young and quality players.....

Byfuglien + Kane + Tangradi

for

Edler + Schroeder + Jensen + Gaunce + Booth (we pay all of his contract this year) + 4th round this year that moves to a 1st if we make the conference finals

MAKE THE MOVE GILLIS!

Enstrom - Byfuglien

???? - Bogosian

Stuart - Trouba

Nope, and I'll tell you why. The Jets are still in the middle of rebuilding right now, and are a number 1 or 2 centre (as well as a new coach) away from making the playoffs consistently. Jokinen will be gone after this year and Little is better suited as a winger, especially if Kane is moved. Scheifele, although I like his potential, is a few years off from being a 50 point player. As far as defense: Enstrom, Byfuglien, Bogosian, Trouba, Stuart, Postma, Redmond, Morrissey (2-3 years away). The Jets have drafted defensemen because they know these are the types of players that are in high demand. Edler or any other defenseman is not what they need.

Lol, Enstrom, Bogosian, and Stuart are far from tragic in their own end.

Do you know Alex Edler?

Bogosian makes his fair share of brutal mistakes, he led the team in giveaways in their inaugural season.

Edler's is absolutely flabbergasting to watch play D most of the time, I'm not defending him.

ROFL

Try Horvat + Tanev to even get WPG listening. You seriously think they are going to trade their young elite franchise power forward for B+ at best prospects and late draft picks? Hahahaha

Gaunce is doing insanely well on the worst team in the league in the OHL, is a big body and defensively sound.

Take the Sutter out of your ear and see that five 1st round picks for a young Power forward is more than enough,

Archived