The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

I decided quite a while ago that I'll be getting the PS4. However, I can't see myself getting it until late next year or possibly even 2015. Current gen is still really good and there isn't enough of a library to justify upgrading at this point.

Ditto. I finally bought my first PS3 a year and a half ago so there's still quite a few games I have yet to play. I'll be getting a PS4 in a year or so after all the inevitable launch bugs have been found and fixed and there are more games available.

Or I'll wait until Naughty Dog's next game is launched, whichever comes first.

Just drove past Best Buy & Future Shop in Richmond, combined 10 people between the stores. (8 AM opening)

I expected more to be there by midnight, but I guess given it's a weekday that'll affect it.

I saw those guys too when I drove past there around 1am after movie... Sucks for those guys.. I went there 15 mins ago and still got my ps4. Lol

Only big title is Kill Zone.

Yeah, there have been a couple of reports of DOA units, including IGN, but likely won't know if this will be a widespread issue until it the units actually start flying out the door and into peoples hands.

I'm waiting for a year anyways since it always takes a while for games to take full advantage of what the new technology can offer.

And it will be worth every penny...the PS4, that is

Since the PS4 isn't backwards compatible I don't think I'll get one until there are a whack of cheap used games available. 3 years? I just picked up Uncharted 3 this week for 15 bucks.

The cool thing is that with playstation plus you get 1-3 free games a month. Uncharted 3 was one of those games a few months ago.

It's really worth it. I got Uncharted 3, The new Hitman, Battlefield 3, and a bunch of indie games within a couple of months.

The next-gen consoles just don't have the kind of wow factor that the current-gen consoles once did when they were first launched. Technology and game mechanics have now matured to the point where the returns start to diminish. The previous-gen had brought about many innovations due to the relatively substantial breakthroughs in technology, from 2D to 3D, from per-rendered to real-time, from single-player to massive multi-player online, from a linear world to an open world. Now, all we get is just a couple more polygons here and there. Things look crisper and shinnier and that's it.

It's just hard for me to get excited about the next-gen consoles. The lack of interesting exclusives doesn't help either. Hopefully things will look much more exciting in the next few years.

• Upvote 1

It sucks that it's not backwards compatible. I still have the 2006 model ps3 (60 gigs) and I can play all my ps2 and ps1 games. It's great. Don't know why Sony cheaped out on that.

It has to do with the size of it. They got rid of it to make the systems smaller.