The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

Apparently the patches SHOULD fix it, but some people are still having trouble. Although, they will release another patch in the near future.

On top of that, a small amount of people are saying they have gotten the Red Light of Death. Nicknames are popping up for it like Red Streak, Death Stroke, RLOD obvious one.

Many are having success booting into Safe Mode and it has worked from then on out.

If the console doesn't work at all, then contact Sony.

I hear that also Sony stores have been taking in the faulty consoles and replacing them. They have a stock of consoles in their store specifically for trade-ins with the RLOD's.

I believe there is a Sony Store at Metrotown? Or Coquitlam Centre.

This is to be expected at launch of a brand new product, although the RLOD consoles seem to be at 1% right now.

thanks! looks like Sony will be providing a replacement!

Never understood sports games.

Do they have the variety and surprise of other games (like shooters) or is it just mastering the basics?

What's not to understand?

You can play Be a pro mode, where you create your own hockey/basketball/football/soccer..etc player and you're in college, and depending on how well you play you get drafted to the pros, then you gotta crack the team (In fifa and NHL you can get sent down to minors/juniors after training camp if you suck) and eventually work your way up. The goal of be a pro is to basically be a hall of fame player by the end of your career. Every season, or even monthly, your coach gives you goals to reach. Failure to reach these goals in consecutive months lowers you on the depth chart or you get traded.

You can play be a GM mode, where you control a team, and also get to play the games.

There's a new Be a Owner mode this year, where you control the GM and coaches and owner duties but don't play the game.

Also, online leagues are super fun. For NHL 12 and 13 me and 4 of my friends had our own online team (3 forwards and 2 defensemen) and you can join leagues (upto 32 teams per league) and play out 82 games and top 16 make playoffs..etc.

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Upvote 1

What's not to understand?

You can play Be a pro mode, where you create your own hockey/basketball/football/soccer..etc player and you're in college, and depending on how well you play you get drafted to the pros, then you gotta crack the team (In fifa and NHL you can get sent down to minors/juniors after training camp if you suck) and eventually work your way up. The goal of be a pro is to basically be a hall of fame player by the end of your career. Every season, or even monthly, your coach gives you goals to reach. Failure to reach these goals in consecutive months lowers you on the depth chart or you get traded.

You can play be a GM mode, where you control a team, and also get to play the games.

There's a new Be a Owner mode this year, where you control the GM and coaches and owner duties but don't play the game.

Also, online leagues are super fun. For NHL 12 and 13 me and 4 of my friends had our own online team (3 forwards and 2 defensemen) and you can join leagues (upto 32 teams per league) and play out 82 games and top 16 make playoffs..etc.

meh, it still sounds like you can hit a 3 pointer or you can't.

WTF? 3D is not supported by PS4? I just found out. That's BS. It's a good thing I haven't sold my PS3 yet. Damn.

Not only that, but Sony took away local and LAN media playback. The PS3 was basically a home theater PC that would play anything you threw at it, from photos and videos and MP3s on a USB stick, to streaming DLNA over the network, to playing TV shows and movies from a shared network folder. You could even use the PS3 to browse your holiday snaps on the biggest and best screen in the house. But not anymore.

It's just a pure gaming machine, for now. Although if there's enough flak going Sony's way, I'm sure they could add some of the stuff they've taken away with simple system updates at some point.

For now I'm sticking with my PS3.

The one thing that I still find crazy is where you can just check out what your friends are playing. Watch a live stream of what they're doing, then it gives you the option to jump right in with them.

Or just check out live streams of anybody who's streaming their gameplay. There's a ton on there.

Seems like an awesome way of checking out a game to see if you want to buy it.

• Upvote 1

How's killzone 4? It's getting mixed reviews though ill probably pick it up regardless. Don't understand why the killzone games get such mediocre reviews and COD gets like high 9s. Killzone 2 is probably the best looking FPS on the ps3

I'm getting it regardless also. They all seem to get mixed reviews, but I always love them. KZ2 was definitely the best one.

I've watched gameplay on the PS4 of people streaming it. Looks pretty fun.

Kind of sucks though, that the 3 biggest games on the PS4 right now are all FPS'.

So, I'm kinda choked about the PS4 having to install every game, and that the majority of games will be from 30GB to 50GB. Alos, I'm trying to play some BF4 online but the damn game is taking forever to install. I'm doing the digital upgrade, which I thought would install the game from the PS3 disc, then download a patch that would make it the PS4 version, but apparently not.